New Comp- Second Wind (my thoughts)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Comp- Second Wind (my thoughts)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 88 total)
  • Replies
  • MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@paul13 Yep. Just had a second one. First was a river node and this one was Pigs City. No TNT boxes, so pre-bonus scores were 455 and 439. Looking like I’ll get the 550 tokens without a recharge today.

Geli
    @geli

Have not played this event as much as the last. Do the bonus squads change every 2 hours or is it the standard 4?

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Oh, The first King Pig was during the Energon Fueled block, so I used Energon Grimlock and took him and his missiles out fairly easily. The second one was during the Leaders block, so I used Grey Slam Grimlock. He had to cool down three times before taking King Pig out and he took a couple hits by the missiles. Lost about three hearts in the process.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@geli Same as before, a two hour block at 150%, five four-hour blocks, and ending with a 150% two hour block.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@millforce2k

Not around here in Wales lol Just asked my grandson and he not see him either lol

Geli
    @geli

@millforce2k Thanks. Also appreciate the heads up. Did 4 nodes in the Leaders block, using Grey Slam Grimlock. Did not encounter Boss Pig. Might spend 10 gems since Leaders offer 100% bonus.

Edit in: no Boss Pig after 4 nodes (2 River, 1 Cobalt Valley, 1 Pig City). 2nd in cohort, Leader seems to want to spend gems.

Anonymous

@paul13
    I’m pleased to learn that there’s a grandpa on here. That is all.

As for this comp, my thoughts:
    – The first time Windblade was offered, I was on an Epic-induced hiatus from ABTF, so I’m glad for the opportunity.
    – For those who already had her, I feel it’s pretty weak not to be able to get some accessories for other TFs, or gems, or something. It’s good for me though. Less people playing means easier high placements on the daily leaderboard. I won yesterday, and I’m comfortably in second so far today, with a chance for first if I get a King Pig or spend some recharge gems during the last couple hours of the daily challenge.
    – Haven’t seen King Pig yet. Hope I do soon, and hope it’s during a block that I’m using a TF that can actually beat him!
    – Too late on this advice, but Airachnid was good for popping Sharks. One or two shots each. (Mine is level 15 though.) Photoblast takes them out pretty efficiently too.
    – I continue to enjoy the node difficulty, contrary to a lot of other folks on here, apparently.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@poptimus
    Well it his fault that I play this bloody game and he rubs it in if he beats me. I wish I had the boards he has during comp as they are pretty low score’s. He was 1st y’day with 489 crazy lol

Anonymous

@paul13
    “He was 1st y’day with 489 crazy lol”
    Omg, must be nice!

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Got King Pig again. L15 Epic Optimus with Medallion and Jetpack is totally ineffective. During the fifth or sixth weapon cooldown, got hit by a green missile and killed him. King Pig still had half his health left.

Anyone else get King Pig?

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I got a King Pig too, on a sparse landscape that reminded me of the event in which he was all there was. (I think I got about 10 ordinary pigs as well, for a pre-bonus score of 410 or so.)

Fortunately, he seemed weaker than in the competition focused on him before, and my Level 6 Epic Optimus took him down pretty quickly, with the help of one cube’s worth of Glassor.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@franciscrawford Any accessories? Forgot to mention that it was with two cubes of Glassor.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@20qmindreader depending on your leaderboard you do have to use recharges to stay near the top if you want her and a chance for some of the accessories. I still haven’t seen when it ends.

Mp127
    @mp127

From my point of view (I’ve missed nearly all challenges this year) this one doesn’t look bad. I was excepting something worse :)

It’s pretty much doable, 1/2 of the coins you can get from small rewards, rest from 2-3 places every day + eventually crystals.

Imo this challenge is very good, but would be better if I could see Boss Pig or some accessories.

Geli
    @geli

Picked up the swords”Incendiary Rounds.” Gonna try for the defense(?) accessory.

Boss Pig has not made an appearance yet for me.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@gradientturtle7
    I am at level 525 Wrecker.
    Prior to this last competition I was receiving 620 and then 640 coins (after 525) on the main island nodes as a reward when they sat the required time.
    Now with this new competition I am only getting 600 coins.
    Has something changed to reduced the amount of coins?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@wrw01

It’s not a bug, and it has nothing to do with the new competition.

When the app updated to v1.17.6.5, three new TFs were added. Of the three, two went in the Seekers squad, and one went into the Cyberstronian squad. So all of a sudden both of those squads became incomplete.

The coins bonus is based on the number of complete squads you have (+5% for each).

Anonymous

@wrw01
    It’s because new TFs were introduced, so you don’t have all the complete squads anymore. You should notice your coin bonus % at the end of each node has decreased too.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@optimuspig @poptimus
    Thanks for the explanations. Greatly appreciated.
    I guess the thing that puzzles me is that I do not ever remember the amount of coins being reduced in the past when we had incomplete squads. The amount always stayed at what is was and when new squads were introduced it would increase some of the time but not all the time.
    For a long time it was 600 coins for the main screen nodes. Then it went to 620 and stayed a while. Most recently it was at 640 for a few days and now back to 600.
    I am not disagreeing only trying to understand.
    Again thanks for the explanations which are probably correct.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Pretty sure we had that happen when Windblade first came on the scene, but it wasn’t as drastic because it only affected one squad (Valkyries) that time, so the bonus only dropped one increment, not two, and then it went back up not long afterwards once everyone started earning Windblade in the related competition.

I’m guessing that it will take longer to “recover” this time around, since we need three new TFs to get both of the squads back to fill strength, and we don’t even know when the related competitions will get off the ground.

Geli
    @geli

Current bonus squad is the Racers. Great! I had no, zero, nada TF in that squad, mostly because 2 of them have been COMING SOON since I started ABT.

Thanks for using that squad, Rovio! <\sarcasm>. Getting a good night’s sleep tonight.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“For a long time it was 600 coins for the main screen nodes. Then it went to 620 and stayed a while. Most recently it was at 640 for a few days and now back to 600.”

When Acid Storm’s event came up, there was no immediate drop since Cybertronians was already incomplete (Shockwave was the only TF in the squad at the time, but there were two open slots – we just had no idea that Acid Storm was the TF going into that second slot), but then as soon as you earned Acid Storm it went up.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@MillForce2K,

I only had one cube on my run. I have multiple accessories from competition, including an ugly donkey’s head helmet. :) I wore that instead of buying him headphones.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@poptimus

I’m not sure if the board is for younger peeps but he seems to have low levels all the time. When he’s down Friday I’ll have a look.

Well I know Welshmen love sheep and I’m now thinking that is the reason King Pig has not appeared in Wales yet lol

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@franciscrawford I didn’t put that stupid looking helmet back on since it’s defense, but he should have taken out King Pig faster.

@gradientturtle7
    @lewie4 Why would a L8 Epic Optimus be able to take out King Pig, but not L15 with the same offensive accessories?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Comp- Second Wind (my thoughts)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.