New Comp Prime Target

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Comp Prime Target

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 199 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’ve yet to break the 250 barrier on Day 5. Pretty frustrating when I see multiple reports of players hitting 400+ on individual runs.

Hasn’t stopped me from hitting a low in the 30s though.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@paul13 @optimuspig

This are picking up. Just did three runs; Desert, 200; Forest, 298; Beach, 210.

Just so I have my nodes straight. The forest has grassy areas up front and lined with trees in back. The beach starts off along the water, goes into a rocky/treed area with lots of energons, and ends along the water. Correct?

Geli
    @geli

Sitting out today’s challenge (started last night). Funny thing, I kept waking up, wondering if I should join and get into a challenge.

Still have 2000 tokens after a 900 token purchase. Highest # of gems used thus far was 30. Don’t have the slightest interest in getting into a gem-spending war just to place first. Do enjoy “watching” a close competitor spending gems just to trounce the field by 1000 or more.

Lis
    @lisyara

Best energonicon is def Photoblast. Rapidfire also possible but has fewer rounds.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Yes it’s great to see the number of gems peeps are using to get these really high scores and really for a little return.
    I just did another 2 runs 21 pigs and then 400 pigs I just don’t understand why the huge difference

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I usually spend the gems I feel like spending relatively early in the day. If I’m lucky, nobody who’s more focused on spending-to-win will bother spending enough to chase me.

For the first four days of this competition, I’ve been lucky. In other competitions, I’ve been less fortunate. This may be the first competition in which I’ve had more than two first-place days.

Tomlad
    @talmud

So far i’m doing great in this comp, stocking up on tokens as much as i can until token exchange and I’m at 4050 tokens so far.

Tomlad
    @talmud

And I’ve done all that without spending any gems! so thats saying something i guess

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I usually wait until toward the end of the day, unless I’m down to third/fourth. I learned from previous comps that I don’t want to take an early lead and start gem spending frenzy. Last comp, I spent 500 gems. 300 on the second day to win by 100 points.

Like others, I don’t have much to spend gems on and I’ve got a good size stash. For these comps, I’ll go all out to get a new character, but scale back for accessories.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@millforce2k

“Just so I have my nodes straight. The forest has grassy areas up front and lined with trees in back. The beach starts off along the water, goes into a rocky/treed area with lots of energons, and ends along the water. Correct?”

I’ve seen two variations of the Beach node in Competitions.

The more common version starts along the ways and travels along the water all the way to the end.

The rare version is the one you described, where you start along the water, and then travel through a jnngle with lots of energon structures (and usually a few WMTs as well) and then emerges back onto the water before you finish at Astrotrain.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m hoping to stop playing after today, or at latest part way through tomorrow.

I’m just a few hundred tokens short of getting the last accessory that I want. If I can come in first today, then I’m done. If not, then I’ll just play a few nodes tomorrow to get the last 250 I need and then call it quits.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Thanks @optimuspig I wasn’t sure if both were considered beach or this one was something different.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@millforce2k

Well to be honest, I consider them to both be beach, but Rovio might classify them differently. I don’t know.

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

@optimuspig

Next time i’m not going to do that updating during a comp.
    First i loose my iPhone charging cable iPhone empty no ABT comp and now this.
    And i was always lucky after i had installed ATB again at the end of last year. No crashes and what do you think now i’m at 68 points and $#%%#^#^ gone. The game crashed so a good comp. for me until now.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

In the helicopter pigs target challenge, I’ve had huge variations in my scores too and was beginning to think that maybe I just really sucked at playing a bunch of runs. LOL! My lowest I can recall is 37 and my highest is 291 so far. I have not seen anything approaching 400. All of my high-scoring runs are in the 200s.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@aliaspbj

“I’ve had huge variations in my scores too and was beginning to think that maybe I just really sucked at playing a bunch of runs”

IMO, it’s just a matter of luck. If you have the right TF/Energonicon combination at work, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be nailing most if not all of the targets.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

@optimuspig

You’re definitely right about the luck of the draw. But, it is comforting to know that I wasn’t missing some random high-scoring target. I’m using pretty much what everyone else is, Grimlock (Energon) with Photoblast or Glassor. So, I am hitting my targets. I’m just not drawing the super high-scoring runs. Oh well, c’est la ABTF.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

If it makes you feel any better, neither am I. Over 20 runs, highest is 255, lowest is 35.

Lis
    @lisyara

Yeah that’s really crazy in one run you get almost 300 in the next barely 60..
    Can’t get the logic behind. I try to vary the TFs and sometimes helps

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

So far I have only gotten one run over 200 (219). Most have been in the 70-130 range. Lowest was 28. Haven’t missed much other than the occasional WMT. Just haven’t had many flying pigs. I’ve had more runs without a single one than I have had with more than just a couple in it.

TriPolar
    @tripolar

Deuce’s Wild!!:
    2hrs 20 mins to go with a 20 point lead…
    Will he hit a 20 gem refill or stick…

Now back on topic @optimuspig is right it really does come down to luck, not just the nodes but also the pigs… The beach nodes used to be filled with helicopter pigs but not as much in today’s tests. Pig city is a waste, it’s almost like lay it down when you realize thats where you’re playing. As for scores, I was keeping track until just after I hit the daily’s. My average was about 150-160 points… Lowest was… Wait for it…wait for it…wait for it…32 points on 30 kills (explain that one to me Rovio). I’ve had a couple 280s &290’s but my highest was 373 on 46 kills. I was trying to figure out the rest of the scoring system but said #$%& it!

Update: Had a battery regen to give me another run. It was beautiful, Pig city & super short.. 23 points (no clue on the kills).

One run I had just over 100 kills but barely over that in points, it was around 108 for 115 or something like that… I had already given up full tracking at that point. Now I’m just trying to track some strange ratios…I’ve also hit some nodes with an extra amount of WMTs. I know neither them nor missiles account for the odd scores… I’ve took some hits and falling crap from watching the scores. The only missile that I haven’t proved yet are the EMP ones… They don’t count for any points…

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Runs 26
    Min 49
    Max 298
    Total 3,076
    Avg 118
    Median 100

1st place.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Well, I’m done for this Competition.

6,750 tokens over five days.

Two 2nd place finishes, three 1st place finishes.

30 gems spent.

Going to take last two days off.

Good luck, everyone!

Geli
    @geli

Congrats @optimuspig

As for big numbers in the challenge that started Tuesday evening (EDST)-
    4 runs/results:
    Pig City- score 149, no WMT
    Grassland- score 189, missed 8(?) pigs when battling 2-3 WMT in tandem and quick succession
    River- score 148, missed a few pigs when battling WMT’s in tandem. 4 WMT total
    Pig City- score 241, no WMT

Total: 727, 5th place with cohort leader over 2300 and obviously spending gems.
    A bit surprised I had 2 Pig City runs. Had to take a out for a phone call and did not play all 4 runs in immediate succession.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Thanks @geli

Also, I was just messing around for fun, and since today’s targets are static (they just sit there), are you using Glassor? If not, then using that might help. Especially since it looks like you’re having WMT problems, and Glassor one-shots those guys.

Generally, I use Glassor when the targets are static, and Photoblast when they’re moving around (like the flying pigs).

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Comp Prime Target

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 199 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.