New Comp Prime Target

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Comp Prime Target

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 199 total)
  • Replies
  • cbya
    @cbya

@optimuspig

You are one observant dude!

There are two variations on the helmeted pigs. Some have designs on them, some do not. Only the ones with designs on them (a bit like face tattoos) give you ten points.

The only thing you can’t combine are the Clips and the Energon Cube which both occupy the “torso”, even though in the picture the Clips go on the shoulders and the Energon Cube goes on his chest (it’s JAVI – Just Another Rovio Inconsistency).

The funny inconsistency extends to the fact that energon lockdown can use clips (arms) and energon cube (chest)! Regular lockdown has the hook for the arms so Rovio put chest for both…

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@weeanoise,

I spend 10+20+40 gems pretty much every day of any competition. That’s just because I find competition runs more fun than ordinary node runs.

I think I spend 60 more days than not.

How high I go depends on various factors — how much fun I’m having, how my schedule is that day, and — yes — competitive factors.

I spend gems on almost nothing else, so I have plenty for competitions. Right now I have about 400 gems less than I had at my all-time peak, which was at the start of the competition before this one.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Day 3 results so far. Excel spreadsheet says:

20 runs, average 91.5 points/run, highest 140, lowest 39, 1,620 points required to max out the Challenge.

I haven’t spent any gems yet, although I did lose some sleep. I also slept-in, so missed one run, otherwise I’d have 21 runs in the bin, rather than just 20.

I’ve currently got a couple of players ahead of me on the leaderboard, so I have to decide if it’s worth spending a few gems on recharges to overtake, or just coast into 500 tokens on today’s comp.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@cbya

Thanks, but I can’t claim all the credit. Lurking the ABT Facebook group has its advantages ;)

Regular lockdown has the hook for the arms so Rovio put chest for both…

I was wondering why they did it differently for LD and ELD, but since LD already has the hook, that makes a lot of sense!

otter
    @otter

Thanks.. I have posted this on the Bug page and opened a case with Rovio…… From what I can see I was not the only one this happened to…. And yes I was in the competition when it ended…… I hope they fix this and return the tokens that we have been robbed of…..

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

My first five runs today:

98 — Desert
    124 — Seashore
    250 — Grassland
    69 — Pig City
    73 — Riverbank

That’s all with my Level 14 E Grimlock + Glassor.

Lots of incoming missiles, generally long distance — even in Pig City, but of course not the riverbank. Grimlocks excel at defending against those.

I got first place each of the first four days, so I’m getting more tokens than I know what to do with, so we’ll see how many gems I spend on extra runs.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Call me slow, but I just realized something:

Pigs aren’t the only things giving points.

More precisely, either that’s true or else the counters are fried. Why? If only pigs gave points, then one’s score on the run would be

#_of_pigs + 9 * #_of_today’s_special_pigs

But my score and my pig count usually aren’t differing by multiples of 9.

The obvious candidates to also score points are other “threats” such as WMTs and missiles.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

WTF, in the same amount of time it took me to complete five runs and score 355, someone else scored 1,075?!?!

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@franciscrawford Yes, WMTs count towards the challenge but not pig total. Also the balloon pigs don’t count towards the pigs (but do count for the challenge) when killed by some energonicons (a bug ,along with missiles not giving coins, that has existed since the introduction of energonicons).

@optimuspig
    Completely possible if they got really lucky and got 200+ points in five runs.

I on the other hand was excessively unlucky. I didn’t get a single flying pig in my first three runs and after the first four only had 258 points and was in 14th place. Got 219 in my fifth that brought me up to 7th place.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

That’s pretty frustrating. 200+ points????? I haven’t come close – in six runs my highest is 109, lowest 48.

—–

@franciscrawford
    @sntrooper

As for pigs counting or not counting: Occam’s Razor would seem to apply to this issue. i.e. the simplest explanation is that it’s JARSU (Just Another Rovio Screw-Up).

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@sntrooper,

That bug invalidates my reasoning. However, by now I’m pretty sure I’ve seen the challenge counter be incremented several times when no pigs were being destroyed. That’s hard to be certain of in any one instance, of course, but when it happens enough times one has reason to believe the observations …

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@franciscrawford You get points for balloon pigs even when they hit the ground (or you) so the counter going up when nothing is on screen is probably balloon pigs that you missed hitting the ground behind you.

Tomlad
    @talmud

Why?! you know? Why do you spend all these gems on this comp. I mean if there was an exclusive character or item then i would be spending gems but since there’s nothing much I’m kinda like meh whatever and I’ve been coming in 2nd/3rd regularly and first place only once. lowest place so far in the comp has been 3rd. So thats saying something.
    Also is anyone else stacking up on tokens and spending them during the token exchange?

sheepybach
    @paul13

Yesterday’s comp scoring on my board was really nuts,crazy whatever. Taking into account it was hard to get a 3 figure score I was 6th with 700, 2nd had just over a 1000 BUT the winner had over 5000 work that 1 out.

Beauregard
    @beauregard

I had a run in the field that yielded 430 pigs. But I also have been getting very low numbers too.

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

Nice i did THE new update and my competition icon is gone. They said minor issues to improve the game. So another bug in the game.

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

After i closed the game totally and restarted iT the icon came back. Happy again.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@talmud

There are two exclusive accessories, or at least I don’t show them as available. Cannon gives +20% damage and Rangefinder gives +10% defense. So far, I’ve spent 30 gems and have come in first twice and second twice and have added Squawktalk, Cannon, and Energon Cube to Lockdown that would have cost me 1,200 gems. If I coast through and settle with second/third place, I’ll be on track to get both exclusives and 2,200 gems worth of accessories.

sheepybach
    @paul13

I just did 2 runs, the 1st in the Forest and that gave me 385 pigs and the 2nd on the beach and that gave me 28 pigs crazy difference if you ask me.
    The Cannon and ear muffs are the only 2 items I want now, got what I want and not bothered with a few.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I’ve been close to each extreme @paul13 experienced, but not quite at either of them.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I guess I’m near the opposite of @talmud’s viewpoint. I don’t care much about accessories, since it’s rare that they make the difference on a run, especially on a TF I don’t use much.

On the other hand, I play the game to have fun, and I enjoy competition runs more than ordinary runs, so I spend gems freely to buy more of them.

The only gems I’ve spent on accessories are for a few +5% damage headphones that cost 25 gems each. And I’m not sure whether I’ve gotten those for any TF except the ones I use in competitions, i.e. my Grimlocks.

I think I’ve only spent gems to accelerate an upgrade, once, when something was going to finish soon after I went to bed.

So what use do I have for gems more important than “keep playing”?

sheepybach
    @paul13

I only play comps now but may do the odd node now and then. I’ve used 20 gems only 10 each day 1st 2 days and I got my 1000 per day, Now I let them build to 4 runs

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@paul13

Holy Crow!! After 13 runs, my best is 150 with an average of 98. I’ve only had a low of 53, though.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@paul13

“Yesterday’s comp scoring on my board was really nuts,crazy whatever. Taking into account it was hard to get a 3 figure score I was 6th with 700, 2nd had just over a 1000 BUT the winner had over 5000 work that 1 out.”

Yeah, but doesn’t it make you feel good that the winner wasted a ton of gems that he/she didn’t need to, in order to build a 4,000 point lead over #2?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@zhianjo

Yeah, there’s no way I’m updating until the current Competition is finished. Rovio releasing an update in the middle of a Competition is madness!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Comp Prime Target

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 199 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.