New Christmas Headgear

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Christmas Headgear

• I was looking through my nest and headgear upgrades and came across new Christmas Headgear for all the classes. Just wondering if anybody else had noticed?

IMG_4329.PNG

The upgrades are for the following:

Red – Guardian

Chuck – Wizard

Matilda – Bard

Bomb – Seadog

Blues – Spies

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Replies
  • Seb
    @sebth

Christmas Bard with Nightmare set will be interesting for the last boss.

Otherwise, people can do beautiful drawings for the ABE Fanart contest.
    I sent my list of gifts for Saint Nicholas in one support ticket but it seems that I was not enough kind this year ;-)

Buds
    @budstheawesome

You can unlock them in the current event.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

I can unlock only one of them in the current event :-(

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

I got Christmas Wizard, it is still playable due to its passive ability (50% immunity to negative effects)

Buds
    @budstheawesome

I’m aiming for Christmas Bard, to be honest. The idea of the passive ability making use of the Bard’s main attack is ideal.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@budstheawesome
    You are true about the bard. I’ll be pleased to share opinions on this issue.

To be honest, since Rovio added so many classes updates in a brief span of time, I stopped “re-spinning the final prize wheel”. Months ago you have a fixed number of updates possible and you can “focus” on your game preferences pratically “choosing” the update class of your choice for a fair amount of LCs.

If you apply the same argument to all’ the new classes, the LCs expenses Can grow in an impressive way.

Actually seems that any class has 2-3 major updates (Legacy, All’ Stars, Halloween, Christmas, Challengers, Elite) and this very last list will not be the more complete we’ll have in 2018.

Are you with me that Rovio will reiterate seasonal/special events’ like the ones in 2017 in order to let us (to slowly) complete the collection?

Actually, I’m regretting only Halloween Berserker with the self healing passive ability and maybe All’ Stars Thunderbird for the same reasonings: I noticed that those birds work perfectly alone but in conjunction with Priestess, the team healing power rump up to a significative maximum.

What do you all think?
    Thanks
    Maxx

Atom
    @atom

I agree that they are very slowly making these available. I haven’t paid too much attention their passive abilities but I don’t play all that much anymore.

Buds
    @budstheawesome

@maxxmatt
    They probably will reiterate the chances to unlock them again, just so we can complete the collection.
    For Halloween, I got the Scarecrow SKulkers and Haunted Rainbird, with no respins which is lucky.

Although, the Haunted Rainbird does not do as said.
    The passive ability claims it will ignore damage that will deplete over 80% of health. However, if the Rainbird does take more than 80% of his health, then it will just take damage up to 80% making it a false-advertised product.
    But I hope that gets fixed in the future, before I just go back to the Elite Rainbird and raise a complaint (via the power of a ticket.)

However, I’m leaning towards the Christmas Bard and the Christmas Spies. Those two peak my interest, as well as the Elite Seadog being another good upgrade to look towards.

Seb
    @sebth

If you…

Raizir
    @raizir

God dang it, now that you mention that here, ROVIO is going to fix it. That could’ve helped us in the future m80.

;)
    @winkwink

Overall the seasonal headgear is less powerful than the Elite headgear so it is in my opinion a worthless addition by Rovio unless you are a completist collector…

Seb
    @sebth

After Christmas headgears, now Ice headgears with Ice Paladin, Ice Druid… and a Cupidon canonner… for Valentine’s Day ?

Coach MP
    @coachmp

@winkwink I was super let down by this realization.  I have a few of the new head gear and understand that they: sacrifice a 10% buff to health or attack in exchange for a random ability and nifty look.  I agree with you, that’s a poor trade off that is not worth it.

Then I realized that this is it.  All new head gear to be introduced will be down 10% + a random ability/nifty look…   I was under the impression that we would be able to win new headgear that would be elite, elites!  Which would offer a 20% buff of both attack and health.  But, I don’t think this is the direction the game is going.

For instance, I have Paladin’s elite class and his pumpkin one.  The last opening is for his Christmas headgear.  No elite/elite good stuff…  Not excited about that!

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@winkwink

@coachmp

you are right, any random passive ability added to a new headgear sacrifice a +10%. actually I found some of them interesting and useful because they interact well with weapons and additional strategic features to teams not only connected in brute force.

Stunning headgear works well with Gran Slam! for example, making a Paladin with that weapons set better at stunning enemies. couple It with bard and Lightning Bird to obtain a strong “stunning team”, for example.
    Any self healing headgear make the Bird stringer in team, using Priestess or simply opting for attacked that Will heal for free 40% of the times.

Don’t misunderstand me, clearly +20% in Attack and Defence would bè a cool addition to our gauntlet of choices, but It Will “oblige” us to opt for them, instantly killing any refined strategy in spite of pure force. Usually It is an excalation, a vertical climax that unbalance game by itself. “Horizontally spreading” our combos entertains a little bit deeper Expert players and give new players a larger store in which pick io their best classes .

On a side note, Ice Lightning Bird, has +10%/+10% AND 20% passive ability to dodge attacks. It is the only one NOT underpower among the new elite classes, up to now.

@sebth

I saw yesterday Ice Lightning Bird and Ice Paladin played in my Woody Arena . Have been they distributed in the past? Is there a different “time fix” for event in a worldly scale? If I’m not wrong, Ice headgears are at they First appeareance …but the Xmas event gas not started, yet. Have you a different memory regarding this issue?

Seb
    @sebth

@maxxmatt

It already happened with the “arena” classes in the past.
    Honest players like us will have to wait for the Xmas Event.

Except the Ice Paladin and the Xmas Bard, I’m not convinced by Ice and Xmas classes as well. With the update they removed the Cupidon Canoneer.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Christmas Headgear

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.