Nemesis Prime

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Nemesis Prime

• This is for @gradientturtle7 since you work for rovio or have some connection with them. Is there any word if we players will be able to unlock and get Nemesis Prime through missions or gems and not have to spend real money buying him? Also any word on when the other member of his squad will come and if it will be the same spend real money or unlock through missions?

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

I have asked the same question of @gradientturtle7 in a previous thread however the silence has been deafening by way of reply

sheepybach
    @paul13

Unless they refund those who have paid I can’t see him being free

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

It’ll be a cold day in H-E-L-L before I pay cash to unlock a TF.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

The lack of reply makes me think that it will be free someday. If there were no plans to make it free they would say so but if they do plan then if they told us than everyone would just wait and not purchase it. So I’m thinking right now all you are paying for is the accessories, gems and early access to NP. Or at least that is what I’m hoping because there is no way I would ever purchase a character especially for such an exorbitant fee.

Mp127
    @mp127

Maybe Rovio’s going to sell N.Prime by gems. Just look at 1.8.10.2 update – they get crazy with gem special offers.

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

They are selling NP as available exclusively with this offer. If they then make NP available by other means, they open themselves up to claims of misrepresentation and at the very least would have to give back the money people have paid. I suspect this is not where Rovio would like to be, but it is a situation of their own making.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

The Australian price for Nemesis Prime is $18.55 and the pack includes 400 gems plus Halloween accessories. The price for 400 gems is $11.40, so it could be concluded that Nemesis Prime is worth $7.15 after Halloween special is finished. The price of 150 gems in the gem shop is $7.17 which is same value as NP. Therefore if Rovio can make NP available for 150 gems then those that have paid have not lost anything but gained some free accessories

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

I don’t think that would work. NP was sold in Australia as available exclusively with that package and under Australian Consumer Law, Rovio couldn’t then make NP available any other way without being liable for giving refunds. Besides which, I would guess that most people who do buy NP in the package would never dream of buying gems for cash.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@weenaoise ‘Halloween Exclusive” is for “Nemesis Prime + Halloween Accessories + 400 Gems”.
    Accessories are available for sale by themselves, gems are available for sale by themselves so I do not see why Rovio can be liable for anything if they offer NP for sale by itself whether for $ or gems.
    I see nothing in game which says that NP can only be purchased in Halloween sale period.
    Until TFs became available in missions we had to pay for them with pigs and coins so there has been a price on them from the start

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

Hard to prove loss of gems. Misrepresentation of an exclusive item is much simpler to demonstrate.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@droversdog

“The Australian price for Nemesis Prime is $18.55 and the pack includes 400 gems plus Halloween accessories. The price for 400 gems is $11.40, so it could be concluded that Nemesis Prime is worth $7.15 after Halloween special is finished.”

Hm, that’s interesting.

For comparison, the Canadian price for this promotion is $13.99, and the price for 400 gems is $11.99, so one can imply that the price of NP is $2.00.

Over the past two weeks, $1.00 AUD has been trading at ~~ $0.94 CAD. So either they’re overpricing the package for Aussies, or under-pricing it for Canucks.

I wonder what the cost of this is in other countries?

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig “I wonder what the cost of this is in other countries?”

The price for Nemesis Prime is $11.99 USD and the price for 400 gems is regularly (some specials may be running) $9.99 USD.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Hm, interesting. I wonder when they decided on their pricing?

USD 11.99 / CAD 13.99 = $0.8571 which would have been about right a year ago, but is nowhere close to the FX rate of 0.76 today.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@optimuspig we are deemed by the multinationals to be a rich nation and therefore the prices we get charged online are set to increase their profit line. Google, Apple, Amazon et al have been charging us a premium for ever and a day.
    I occasionally spend time in Asia and the online prices for equivalent products are often less than half.

The reason for me being livid about having to pay to complete a ‘free downloadable’ may now be apparent even though I did not believe the mark-up was so great

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@droversdog

“we are deemed by the multinationals to be a rich nation and therefore the prices we get charged online are set to increase their profit line.”

I’m not exactly sure I’d consider Canada to be a “poor” nation, lol …

But I do see how there’s some element of price gouging involved. The prices you guys have to pay for LEGO is insane.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Anybody know what the other Nemesis is going to be????

omp180
    @omp180

Another Aussie here raising an eyebrow over the cost of NP.

I guess that is why we call it “Aussie Tax” lol!

Politicians aren’t interested in doing anything about it (don’t want to ruffle Toms or whovers feathers) and these “multi-nationals” wonder why Australians download so much.

Yep Lego and don’t get me started on anything to do with Warhammer lol!

David
    @davidt18

@gradientturtle7 So now that the Halloween competition is over and the option to by Nemesis Prime is gone are we going to be able to get him through missions? If so which portal?

bigorange
    @bigorange

I think it would be unfair to give away Nemesis Prime through a mission if others paid cash to get him. If they should do that, no one ever will pay for anything in the future.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Nemesis Prime

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.