MYD SWII should have come at the end

Home Forums General Discussions Forum MYD SWII should have come at the end

• I’m not getting all excited about MYD in Star Wars II. Not yet.

Throughout the SWII game, I’ve been carefully hoarding characters and since the coins were introduced, similarly hoarding coins. I now have over 5000 coins (iPhone version) and over 1000 swappable characters.

So why aren’t I playing MYD?

Because there are still levels “coming soon”.

My plan was to be frugal with coins and swappable characters until the end of the game. Once I knew the game had ended, as AB Star Wars ended with a “The End” graphic, I would go back and repeat favorite levels with swapped characters. That way I could extend the enjoyment of the game for no extra cost in real money.

I often repeat levels, just because I find them fun or cute or want to raise my personal best score. In normal AB play, I can do that indefinitely without cost in characters, nor in coins.

MYD threw a wrench into that plan. I must use up swappable characters in MYD. I have to carefully consider which character to swap (which is in and of itself a fun challenge), but once I three-star a level and grab the coins, I am loathe to go back and repeat the level because there is a cost to repeating a level just for fun.

I believe MYD should have been the final level at the end of the game, just to give the players a chance to use up swappable characters after the main game had been completed.

So, that’s what I’m doing. I’ve made a little progress in MYD, but have stopped playing and am just collecting characters from the melts and ads. I set my iPhone timer to 7:59 when I start a melt, then go on with my life until the timer beeps. I get another character, reset the timer, and continue on with my life. I watch ads and get more characters that way, but turn off the sound so as to not be too annoyed.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.