My thoughts on the Acidstorm event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum My thoughts on the Acidstorm event

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 164 total)
  • Replies
  • Geli
    @geli

Playing just to see what is happening. Glad I reached 5k!
    The Slingshot Forest node referenced by @optimuspig is a big score. Scored 80 & 85 for 2 runs in that node. 2 Cobalt Valley nodes gave scores of 7 & 9.
    At 50 tokens after those 4 nodes. Jumped up and down the leaderboard like a pinball.
    220 gives 60 tokens. Standard token progression.

Geli
    @geli

Weird… The token exchange had only shown Acidstorm and gold coins, no accessories since the start of the event. Posts by others regarding accessories lead me to believe they had to be obtained through gem purchases.
    Just now the accessories showed up. Now I have a reason to play. Anyone else experience this?
    iOS here.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@geli That is how it has been with all the comps. Once you get the Transformer their accessories appear. Just this time the accessories can also be purchased and are not exclusive to the event.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I’ve had 6 runs so far today. My top scores were 90 and 80. The other 4 runs totaled 33 points.

I doubt I have to tell you what the 2 high-scoring runs had in common. :)

Deszaras
    @deszaras

I sworn not to use anymore gems after getting Acidstorm but I have a good chance of getting one of the accessories and 10 gems compared to what one of the costs outside of the challenge is worth it.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

My runs so far:

18×2
    A bunch in the range 7-10

Meanwhile, my harvest from coin trees is up from 600 each to 620.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

I got Acid Storm yesterday and both accessories today, so I am on cruise control now. However, not really all that excited about him. I’ll just cycle him through the upgrades and see how he performs, but not expecting anything spectacular. I’m quite sure he will not supplant my faves like E Grimlock, E. Starscream or Nemesis Prime. But I compulsively have the complete set.

sheepybach
    @paul13

” WARNING ANGRY WELSH MOUNTAIN RAM ”
    Well my shock and joy soon turn the above. I was top with not long to go thanks to my runs of 60+, So I did a normal run and when I came out the green arrow was pointing down. Oh somebody got to me, so I checked and I saw this and said WTF

What’s going on here, so I came out to the home screen and it was showing this:–

Crazy or what so I decided to reboot the game to see if that would sort things out but by the time I got back in the event was over and I’d been awarded 200 tokens which means Rovio had stitched me up like a kipper as I lost out on 800 tokens which means instead of using Acid Storm this morning I have to carry on playing and hope I can get him at some time.

Just to make matters worst I just had a text from my Grandson gloating at the fact he beat me to Acid Storm gggrrrrrr. I think he may be banned from coming down here for a while lol

The daily 550 tokens is set to 440 today as I just hit it lol

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yeah, you have to be careful about playing too close towards the end time.

Rovio’s servers need to update your scores but they can be a bit laggy, so if you cut it too close your final score may not register in time.

So even though on your device locally you had 586 points and got the full 550 tokens from the daily Challenge, as far as the Competition server was concerned you only had the 416 points.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@optimuspig,

I understand that but I did the run that got me to 586 a while before the end, it had to be an hour or 2 and I was shown in P1 for all that time. It was only after I ran a normal node and it had dropped to 416

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

OK, that’s new. There’s no reason why it should take an hour for the server to catch things up.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Nope I know that was why an angry Welsh Ram was in a mood lol
    It be a waste of time asking them as we know what the answer will be, It’ll be the 1 you gave lol

Tomlad
    @talmud

Damn thats a shame.On my comp, the leader has 600 haystacks, 2nd place has 440 and 3rd place (me) has 422 and i got the daily 550 tokens. Could I still make first place or second place?

sheepybach
    @paul13

Tom,
    Yes you could get 1st or 2nd you may have to use some gems but it can be done

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

By the way, squad bonuses are now 55%, for those who have unlocked all or almost all TFs and still don’t have enough coins. :)

My runs since my last post have all had scores of 85, 80, 18 or 7-10. That’s of course not counting runs I lost entirely to the Special K ad.

Beauregard
    @beauregard

I have the same problem with the ads, and they recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game. But also say that by doing this you could lose all your progress if the game is not connected to facebook. I have no idea if mine is connected or not. I had lost all my progress about a year ago for months, then one day it returned out of the blue. So I will have to live with this stupid bug or risk losing the 450 levels I spent over a year to get.

sammer48
    @sammer48

@franciscrawford Which squad bonuses do you refer to? None in my competition? thx

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

He’s talking about the bonus coins that you get at the end of a run (doesn’t matter if it’s a competition run or a regular node run).

For every complete “squad” you have, you get +5% coins. So if you have 11 complete squads, you get +55% coins.

Acid Storm is part of the Cybertronians squad. If you already have Shockwave from last December’s Holiday special event and have Acid Storm from the current event, then your Cybertronians squad is now complete.

You’ll also notice that your coins farmed on the map now max out at 620 (400 x 1.55) per node instead of 600.

Of course, if you’ve got fewer complete squads, then your bonus would be lower.

Geli
    @geli

@aliaspbj I upgraded Acid Storm w/out accessories to level 6 and ran a regular node. Damage is not immediate, obviously, but there is a bit of collateral damage when engaging some targets. Bottom line: meh.

I should get 1k tokens at end of the Hay Bales and will be picking up one of the accessories. Any thoughts on which to get?

sammer48
    @sammer48

Thanks @optimuspig, I got it, and yes the 620 was a pleasant surprise

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@geli,

I think there’s a cheap headphones +5% damage option. So unless you think you’d pay 625 gems for an incremental 5% damage on Acid Storm, I’d go for the accessory that is NOT for the head.

Tomlad
    @talmud

I just got Acid Storm in the last event the hay one (but i spent a lot of gems, thankfully i also got some extra with the bonus) and I also got one of the accessories- the one for the arms, so I’m now deciding whether or not i should use gems for the head one and i gave him sunglasses just because :P.
    On a side note how do i get the gems for customising 20 characters? I’ve checked out all my characters and they are all customised so I’m not sure what to do?

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

@geli
    I haven’t really had any chance to experiment, but @franciscrawford brings up a good point. Maybe @zhianjo can shed some light on it as he has had Acid Storm as soon as it was possible.

Tomlad
    @talmud

Oh also I’m upgrading my acid storm to level 6 (so far he is level 2 going on to 3) but my thoughts on him are meh, he;s not bad, but i don’t think he can be that good either when you get him to level 15 and give him the 2 accessories which give +10% damage each.
    So overall my thoughts still remain the same but i am happy to complete the Cybertronian squad. Now the big question, which character from the Hotrods squad will we be getting? another lockdown or jazz??

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

When I ran Acid Storm as a teammate (L15) on a regular node, he did seem pretty effective at dealing with balloon pigs. I haven’t taken a run with him yet, so I can’t speak for how he behaves as the primary node-runner. But hey, it’s at least one positive attribute.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum My thoughts on the Acidstorm event

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.