My thoughts on the Acidstorm event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum My thoughts on the Acidstorm event

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 164 total)
  • Replies
  • sheepybach
    @paul13

I think I’ll get him before the end as long as Rovio removes my cap of 20 from each run lol
    They may have reduced the number needed to get the 550 daily amount but at the same time they’ve reduced the number you get in each run

Geli
    @geli

@paul13 3 runs for 68, 58 and 64, average score 63.33333.
    Hope you get close to this. The balloon pigs averaged 67 for me.
    Score progression is same as balloon pigs (510 pigs/550).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@geli

Huh?

So far, over 10 runs, I’ve averaged just a shade over 17, with my highest score being 32 and my lowest being 8.

But yes, looks like the progression is identical to yesterday (510 points for 550 tokens).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@geli

“The balloon pigs averaged 67 for me.”

The balloon pigs (Day 4) averaged 17.13 over 31 runs. I still came in first, with only two recharges required, for an overall score of 531.

Are we playing the same game?

sheepybach
    @paul13

Done a few 4 run nodes and still not got more than 20

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I appear to be in a competitive group today. Not that the scores are insanely high, but in the sense that the top five scores are all within one set of recharges (four runs) of each other, so I’m expecting to see a lot of back-and-forth and jockeying for position throughout the day. Whether or not this turns into a gem-fueled slugfest in the last couple of hours remains to be seen.

sammer48
    @sammer48

@optimuspig I too have the same, high 32, low 6, I play IOS, can the difference be the platform? I have often wondered this when I see these dramatic differences, anyone have clarity on this?

Deszaras
    @deszaras

This challenge has been total luck of the draw. I’ve had some runs with 8 to up to thirty. I mainly get between 12 and 18.

Geli
    @geli

@paul13 @deszaras @optimuspig My bad. 67 was the average over full recharge of 4 runs. Break that down to each run and it is under 17 per run.

Posted that before caffeine took effect and in a hurry to get out the door. Apologies to all.

Tomlad
    @talmud

@optimuspig @paul13 @geli @deszaras how are you for todays goal- the flying pigs, also my strategy for all comps is level 15 E.Grimlock with headphones (5% more damage), sword for weapon codlin and sunglasses for faster transformation. Use all that give or take the sunglasses and maybe the sword and you will be a pro at this and always accumulate high scores

Tomlad
    @talmud

*cooldown

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Not doing that well (5th place), but then I’m not really trying either, lol.

I probably won’t hit level 80 in the Challenge, either, but today is my gem-free day.

I’m currently sitting at 6,480 tokens, so I’m just going to coast. May not get to 7,000 today, but I’ll easily hit it by the end of the week, and without spending any more gems.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Well guys I’ve been right P off for most of the day as no matter what bot I used I ended up in the dessert for every run with the same setting and mainly got 9 with the odd 16. I rebooted my tab et al no difference gggrrrrrr. Then a few hours ago it all changed and I was hitting 30/36 on every run it just don’t make sense.
    At 1 time this afternoon P1 on my board started to go nuts with crazy scores again he got to just over 5000 and then he was gone and I’ve not seen him since.
    I had to use gems to get my 550 again today.

Geli
    @geli

Comfortably in 3rd with score of 302 and 4820 tokens.
    Using E.Grimlock(L14) with headphones or E.Lockdown(L13) with headphone, Energon cube explosive rounds) and 20% clip capacity, with Photoblast mostly, occasionally Glassor.
    I’m so close to the required 5k to get Acidstorm that it does not make sense to spend gems to get the 550 tokens and/or first place in this cohort.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@geli
    Well mate I’m in total shock as just did a 3 run and I got 61,65 & 66 and it has taken me to P1 smh. If things go ok tomorrow then like you I should hit the 5K for the bot

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I had a horrific ad bug that cost me a run. Fortunately, I won my group by 9 points anyway. I’ll still post about that bug at some point anyway …

I now have Acid Storm + 1060 tokens.

But I spent 10 + 20 + 40 + 60 gems both days I won my group, and 10 + 20 + 40 most others. So I SHOULD be in a good position at this point in the competition …

Geli
    @geli

@paul13 Good on ya! Hope you get it!
    I hit 5320, so I’m in cruise mode. Going to mow the lawn, get solid sleep, maybe get a round of golf in.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Just to give you an idea of how tight my group was today:

I did my final run of the day with 15 minutes remaining. I went from 4th place to 1st with a 16 point run. And then I finished the day in 2nd, lol.

vega
    @vegabomb

So the new challenge is bails of hay. The leader in my group has over 500 already. Is there some bug I’m not aware of? There’s no way they could be over 500 that fast.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

I’m glad I spent the extra gems for a recharge to skip the leader who only had one point over me. I got the 1000 points so I could get Acidstorm, especially after I saw the new challenge. Bundles of hay? Come on…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@vegabomb

IIRC, there’s one variant of the Slingshot Forest node, where there’s an enormous stack of hay bales. The stack is located next to a barn, and usually there’s a WMT along for the ride.

If you can take out the WMT, the collateral damage from its explosion is usually enough to take out the entire stack.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@talmud for some reason my leaderboard stayed pretty quiet the last hour and I was real close to the top thanks to some really lucky runs. I didn’t want to drop 80 gems but after seeing the board remain steady, I went for it with 10 minutes left and even after I did my runs no one else moved spots. I’m just glad I got the bot and not bother with it. This challenge was terrible. I used E.Grimlock with headphones and used Focusblast when it was charged and got pigs without trying.

Tomlad
    @talmud

i came in 4th place in the flying pigs comp. So altogether i have 3580 tokens, hoping to get acid storm soon. though i always enter late because of exams

vega
    @vegabomb

@optimuspig

That was it. I paid gems and ran more and they showed.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@talmud that’s tough because this is such a big change compared to some previous challenges because what had to be targeted and there were no splash damage to help like we got used to. So far, he’s not that impressive but I will hold judgement till I can level him up. I’m not sure I’ll do enough to get one of the accessories. This was the first leaderboard that wasn’t out of control.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum My thoughts on the Acidstorm event

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.