Modding

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 784 total)
  • Replies
  • RizDub
    @rizdub

@thepeckybird The .zstream files are the raw RGBA data I mentioned earlier.

I first use a hex editor to separate the sprites; then I use a Mac program called GraphicConverter to turn them into PNG images (I haven’t tried anything else, so I don’t know what other programs would be able to do this). I have to use a hex editor first because the sprites are organized a little differently than the other sprite sheets.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Im doing what you said @beakymcfeather.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Thanks @rizdub. By the way i unencypted the .luas and .jsons but ends up being random text and numbers. Any way to fix that?

RizDub
    @rizdub

@thepeckybird After decrypting the .lua and .json files you should actually get an archive file of type .lzma. I have to remove the first nine bytes in a hex editor before I can extract its contents.

After this the .json files should be readable, but the .lua files are still a little obfuscated. I’m not sure how to deal with the lua files.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@rizdub That’s too bad. All the good stuff is on the LUA files.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

idk what your talking about @rizdub. When you mean 9 bytes you mean 9 pairs of numbers on the 1st line or something else? Can you make a visual Tutorial so i can understand?

RizDub
    @rizdub

@thepeckybird If you’ve decompiled the lua/json files correctly, you should have a file that (in a hex editor) looks something like this. The first nine bytes (highlighted in orange) are what I need to remove in order to properly extract the contents of the file.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

At 50% mod progress. Just need to figure out how to make .lua and .json less obfuscated so i can mod where things should go and add the onomatoshark! Font to the game to make it 2009 like.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Thanks @rizdub. Now at 60% done.</p>

RizDub
    @rizdub

I made a very simple aesthetic mod for Angry Birds (btw @beakymcfeather thanks for pointing me to PVRTexTool, it worked great!).

AB Feathers mod

I changed the colors of the black and pink feathers with their Angry Birds Star Wars versions, simply because I think they look better (the black feathers are darker, and the pink feathers are more vibrant).

I am planning on making a fuller image mod, replacing the characters’ sprites with Toons-style ones from various other games.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@rizdub Wow! That sounds great! I’ve already finished the in-game sprites for my conversion mod, and I’m currently awaiting the upgrade to my computer’s graphics card so I can test things, then I’ll make the menu sprites and (hopefully) make and get a custom level to work!

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

God damnit nab it nab it! All of my sprites for the hud and menus are not transparent so i have to delay by a little while…

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@rizdub That looks great!

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Tested what would happen if i got the fonts from Angry Birds v1.6.3… This is what happened.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@thepeckybird Glad that worked! You know, on Angry Birds 1.0.0 and 1.6.3 i’ve noticed that the backgrounds for Trick or Treat are there, making me wonder if it’s possible to transplant data from Angry Birds Seasons into there and if Rovio originally intended for Angry Birds on PC to be a be-all-end-all for PC users like Angry Birds Chrome was.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

How to rip sprite one by one from ZSTREAM/STREAM (ABSeasons) file via hex? Rip every RGBA4444 line and things below it? Here’s some advice, the JSONs have image data for packed ZSTREAMs/STREAMs, also they are made by ArtPacker, where to find it?

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

This? https://github.com/Miroff/art-packer

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

@beakymcfeather That sounds like a good idea but the modding community is a little too young to start doing big projects like that, but if you want to do that go right ahead.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

Thanks for that but advice for ripping sprite one by one?

RizDub
    @rizdub

@dante-mele I put together a quick overview of the zstream files here. The headers are 40 bytes, and contain information about the sprite’s height, width, and size in bytes. Everything after that is raw RGBA data that I open in GraphicConverter.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@beakymcfeather That’s interesting! Is there any other Seasons content besides that background?

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@joseantonio Nope! but if you go to the files for Angry Birds 1.0.0 you’ll see the theme for Trick or Treat as theme 9, a pumpkin is in the INGAME_BLOCKS_1 sheet, and speaking of which the block design used in Angry Birds Rio is in the INGAME_BLOCKS_ 2 sheet, not only that, but in the levels folder I see 11 themes, not 8, could the other 3 be Trick or Treat? (This makes me wanna make an Angry Birds: The Lost Levels mod)

UPDATE: I’ve morphed my Angry Birds: The Pigs Strike Back mod into Angry Birds: The Lost Levels, It’ll be similar to Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels, there’ll be some graphical tweaks, harder level design (I think I’ll have the levels ranked by difficultly) and Trick or Treat as a bonus level, any content from The Pigs Strike Back will be uploaded to the VG Resource.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

I have the decrypted .lua for level_end. and im trying to add the level complete sound back but the decrypted file is somewhat obfuscated. Ill upload the file when i get home from school.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

Maybe someone can help me with this.

Thepeckybird
    @thepeckybird

This is something i added to the current version of AB Classic

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 784 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.