MINI-MAP Campaign + New Dungeon (April 10th – April 19th)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum MINI-MAP Campaign + New Dungeon (April 10th – April 19th)

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 382 total)
  • Replies
  • t_russell
    @tigerussell

Well the switch seems to have broken my leader board. I am the only one advancing. Since I’m only playing for snouts it doesnt matter to me and hopefully I have frozen for anyone else so I dont interfere with them.

DevaBol
    @devabol

Actually, to maximize feathers (assuming 3 stars and no pink hearts used) in the 35 star version of the event, you should play the easy battle!

easy: avg 3/4 feathers per battle (1*3/8 + 1*3/8), which results in avg 1/4 = 0.25 feathers/stamina

medium: avg 9/8 feathers per battle (2*3/8 + 1*3/8), which results in avg 9/40 = 0.225 feathers/stamina

hard: avg 3/2 feathers per battle (3*3/8 + 1*3/8), which results in avg 3/14 = 0.2143 feathers/stamina

it’s not that big of a difference, but it is a difference no less.

mich
    @m-ich

In this event, like in all previous events, which battle you should play depends on whether you want to spend friendship essences or not. If you want to spend friendship essences, go for the one with the most favorable best case result, i.e. the hardest battle, because you can always reroll. If you want to save your friendship essences for something else, go for the battle with the best average result. In the last few events, all wheels had the same amount of stamina potions, so on average, the cheapest battle yields the best results.

essamar
    @essamar

I need some help in getting past the 7 stamina battle of the 2nd gate. I am at level 41 but my birds are only 6 and some 7s and none are near leveling up. Can someone suggest a combination to try. I don’t think I will be able to advance in the game if I don’t pass this level Thanks.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Ok, admittedly I assumed you would friendship essence until you got the item. So, you guys are factoring in the free stamina bottles with no friendship essence. Correct me if I’m wrong, but seems like you’re not considering that the three are always directly next to each other and not spread out over the whole wheel in any place? It’s been more years than I’d like to admit since my last math class. IE, it’s not ever possible to get both items on the spin; you can only get one or the other.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@essamar I don’t know if it will help you, but I do it with Paladin(dragon set), Druid(sweet set) and Sea Dog(sugar rush set).

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@essamar I used tricksters wizard and paladin. Tricksters boosts the damage and also dispels. If you have it you could try Skulkers instead of tricksters. You get more damage but lose the dispel. Pirate also can increase the damage for all but no dispel. Captain will give the dispel but boosting damage is selective.

If you are still struggling you may need to take a healer and you need birds that hit multiple targets. Rainbird will be useful if you have the Phoenix set. He heals cleanses and has dispel. His rage ability is also valuable.

Hope this helps.

HarleyM
    @harleym

@mopurglar @devabol Mopurglar’s numbers are right if you are re-using the stamina drinks (I posted the same results on page 5). Deva’s numbers are right if you aren’t using them.

@neomerlinmagic
    First, mopurglar and I are working averages. The average roll without rerolling. Second, rerolling with friendship essences doesn’t NECESSARILY make the 7 energy wheel most efficient… that would require additional calculation. First you would need to calculate the average rolls required to generate the 3 resource reward (presumably that would be more efficient than stopping after rolling 1 resource). Then you need to calculate the average energy each friendship essence is worth, which will vary depending on which cauldron you have. Then you will need to run through the probabilities on each wheel. It shouldn’t be terribly difficult math but I don’t have time for it at the moment… if someone links me the star probabilities on each cauldron I will do it later.

@mvnla2
    For points the largest wheel is best before getting all the resources, and will be afterward, assuming the 3:1 point ratio to the smallest wheel stands (it does for the top… does it for the bottom?). The reason it falls behind for resources is because the bottom spot stays at 1, rather than growing. It’s a rather slight advantage, though, due to stamina drinks not scaling.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@tigerussell A broken leaderboard, huumm, my impression was that the other players aren’t playing anymore, just me (2nd) and 1st who’s points increase.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@renitz — For me that would mean 10 quit and 4 never started. Second place has 500 and hasn’t moved. I can’t believe they all gave up so quickly.

Edit: well someone else moved into second. They must all not be playing. They are all lower levels. I thought this would have had a higher priority for them.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

It seems counterintuitive, but then again, the 3 lucky coin pays out better than the 20 lucky coin on the golden pig machine. So I’ll take your guys word for it. Thanks for clearing it up.

Joey
    @joeyba

Today 3 easy levels. Easier than yesterday.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

There are 3 players in my campaign that are actively competing though all I care about is getting the new stone guard class. 1st is at 990 points, I’m at 895 points, and 3rd is at 780 points.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

ah 10 minutes playing new stages, now back to tedious repeating stuff to get 34 more tusks sigh

essamar
    @essamar

Thank you and all the others who responded. I just now bested that level ( with three stars) using Paladin, Bard, and sea dog. I used several pig cherry juices and had the good fortune to stun some pigs at just the right time. On to the next gate. Thanks again.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@kenhsieh — Don’t know if you noticed, but today we went right past that treasure chest in the background, with no treasure chest appearing. Grrr! : (
    The treasure chests in the GP dungeon do look a little more real. OK, so I’m forever optimistic.
    @all — Will catch up on the best level to play discussion later.

Joey
    @joeyba

So everyone agrees that playing the 3 stamina level is best ?
    15 stamina total = 5 times playing = 5 feathers in total
    While 7 stamina levels is 2 times playing = 6 feathers..

Joey
    @joeyba

@mvnla2 I wAs expecting the treasure chest also! Appears it’s just a picture on the map! Will have to wait for final stage to get the real one.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Rovio made the mistake of not applying the 2x and 3x multiplier to all spots on the wheel for the 5 and 7 stamina battles. If they did, then it would make sense to go after higher difficulty battles. Another thing some of us are forgetting is that not everyone will be able to 3 star the hard one or maybe even the medium one everytime. If you fail to 3 star just once on those tougher battles, then the argument for playing the 3 stamina battle is even stronger.

There is absolutely no need to spend any essence or stamina to acquire everything you need if you login every few hours and quickly play the 3 stamina battles. You get 96 stamina/day if I don’t count the 15 you get to start with so that will average 24/day of whatever material you want. Let’s say you only use half the stamina because you aren’t very active. That is still 12/day. You need a total of 125 resources. 12 x 10 days = 120 so you can earn everything even if you waste nearly half the regenerated stamina.

Sylver
    @sylverwing

Having difficulties with levels 8 and 9. Anyone else or have any tips?

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@tigerussell Maybe they want to buy the headgear/class later on, i don’t know, but also find it weird the low activety. Isn’t bit risky to asume it will be availble to buy.

Bossk
    @henjovr

Hmm, undead today. Not very hard though.
    I think the last part will be ninja’s :)

I’m pretty sure the Stone Guard will be available for sale later.
    The text says something like: “collect these materials and get the Stone Guard for *free*”.
    That implies that it will be available for non-free at another time.

I’m betting 275 LC later on.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bouboule — Make sure you have everything else hard closed. Closing Epic and restarting your device may also help. When playing Epic, I find myself doing many hard closes of apps (even if Epic is the only one running) and at least once a day doing a hard shutdown and restart of my iPad.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@renitz my thoughts exactly. And why buy it when you can get it for free. Its hard enough to buy the five for LC as it is. I hoping we will be able to earn a new class for each bird with this new event format. Then you only need to farm the snouts for mastery.

Sylver
    @sylverwing

@henjovr – What combo did you use on the medium and hard levels?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum MINI-MAP Campaign + New Dungeon (April 10th – April 19th)

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.