Mighty League general strategy

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Mighty League general strategy

• For the Mighty League, it’s very hard to give a specific strategy to finish the levels that lead to the Master League, because the levels are changing everytime (although I think Rovio has a pool where they choose from, so some levels are returning for other players).

However, after playing the league for a few days (I chose to ignore it for a few weeks because of the obvious money-making game-destroying setup) I found the following things, I call them strategies, useful.

* Try to get as many tickets as possible. You get three free tickets every day, but you can add tickets by watching stupid ads (I especially hate the 30-second one of Gates of Epica). After watching an ad, you got a two minute delay before you can watch another one and after 2 or 3 ads, the ads get blocked. But it’s unlocked again after an hour or so and again you can add 2 or 3 tickets. Do this whenever you get the chance, even when you completed todays goals, because you will need them. And personally, I think €2,99 for 5 tickets is ridiculous.

* When you open a level, before you fling any bird, screenshot it. Then head to the walkthroughs here on ABN and find the level that you just opened. Yes, all levels are taken from the “old” ABO levels and all of them can be found. The background (scenery) of the level usually gives you a hint on where to look.

* If you found the level, you can either read the 3-star instructions, watch the video and remember the level.

* If you have a second device with all ABO levels unlocked, use it to practise the level until you’re sure that you are able to get the points necessary for the star.

* Now return to your game. Try to fling your best to get the star in one go. One advantage is that you don’t need a 3-star score, another one is that you get a time bonus if you’re fast enough. Usually those two will greatly help you to get to the star score.

* If you missed the star target, or if you didn’t have a second device to practise the level, exit the league before spoiling another ticket and find the normal level in the game. Then practise, practise, practise until you’re sure you won’t spoil another ticket.

* As @20qmindreader pointed out in the comments below, it’s possible to play the regular levels and (deliberately?) fail to finish it. You are then offered to watch a video to get a powerup. This way, you can replenish your supply of nuclear bomb birds without paying real money. Thanks @20qmindreader!

Working like this has greatly helped me to finish 3 levels a day with an average of 2 tickets per level, up until Silver. I hope it is of help to you too.

As soon as you reach Gold, you will notice that the star score is much higher than you can ever get using only your normal birds and no PU’s. I’ve checked a few against the leaderboards and without exceptions, the star score is higher than the highest score on the leaderboard. So for Gold and Master, you have no other choice than to use PU’s. Obviously, this is what Rovio wants (and I don’t).

If anyone has other tips or strategies that make reaching the Major League easier, feel free to comment. And of course, power-ups can make life much easier too, but here on ABN we don’t use power-ups, do we?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Replies
  • Raizir
    @raizir

um… yea… what about the gold league?

Does it work for the gold league?

Squirrel61
    @squirrel61

I just entered Gold League today and I see what you mean. My first gold level is Poached Eggs 1-17 with a star score of 90k-something. The walkthrough on the site gives 55k, my personal high is almost 60k and I highly doubt that even when you manage maximum destruction with a one-birder on this level, you can get above 70k.

So it looks like the Gold League is designed to be destroyed by PU’s, leaving all your normal birds unused. The general strategy hints mentioned above still apply, but they won’t get you the star. Besides, it looks like the “normal” PU’s are less powerfull than in the normal levels and the only thing really working is the nuclear bomb bird, which you have to buy (of course) when you run out of the 10 free birds you get somewhere in the process.

Basically, that means I’m out of the league. And Rovio again destroyed one of their games.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

I gave up on the Mighty League, and it’s not only because it causes the game to crash ever since I synced the game between two devices, but also because it’s just a money grab – there’s no real reward for reaching or even winning Master League.

Raizir
    @raizir

Whats it even like in the Master league?

I`ve never seen any gameplay of said league.

Squirrel61
    @squirrel61

I guess it’s just more of the same, with even more ridiculous target scores for a star.

I managed today’s 3 gold levels but had to use powerups for aforementioned reasons so I guess the day after tomorrow I’ll know what the Master League is like. It’s just because I’m curious and I’m not using the powerups on the normal levels anyway, so why not burn a few to reach ML? I think after my curiosity has been satisfied, I’ll quit the league. Or just fall down to the start and then reach for silver again, because up until silver, it’s still kind of fun, as long as you refuse to use powerups.

Raizir
    @raizir

I DO remember someone reaching the master League, but 1 problem with the footage.

It was in another language,

Luckily, the only words that caught my eye was ROVIO ID…
    So in order to enter the MASTER LEAGUE, you must Log in to your ROVIO ID.

Squirrel61
    @squirrel61

Ok, so today I’ve completed the Gold League. Six stars in two days means you can’t miss a single level, although the dynamite boxes suggest that there’s room for retries before you drop back to Silver.

I’ve compared the star scores against the Leaderboards for the same levels and without exceptions, the star score is higher than the leaderboard high score. Which means that you cannot complete a level without using PU’s. But if you do, the levels are fairly simple. Needed 7 tickets for 6 levels just because I made a mistake on one, otherwise 6 tickets would have been sufficient. Sometimes, it’s better to launch your first normal bird to get a better start for the nuclear bomb bird, but usually you just start with the PU and clear the level.

So tomorrow I’ll know what the Master League is like. Three stars in one day means you can’t permit a single miss. And probably the star score is even higher, meaning that even when using PU’s it will be hard to get a star score. Since that means a lot of PU buying, I’ll probably use what I have and then quit. I have 3 nuclear bombs left, so with a bit of luck and good flinging, I’ll probably be able to complete ML just 1 time.

Squirrel61
    @squirrel61

Yesterday, the Master League was open for me. And as expected, the star scores are so ridiculous that you definitely need to use PU’s. And even then, it’s very hard to star a level. I burned 3 nuclear bombs on the 3 levels and on only 1 level I came close to the star score.

Since the nuclear bombs are not given away for free, nor is it possible to buy them for birdcoins, I’ve decided to leave the League. It’s nice until you’ve completed Silver, but then it becomes nasty because you’ll meet the Greedy Pigs in person.

Mp127
    @mp127

@squirrel61 Technically, you get 20 Shockwaves each time you’re reinstalling the game, but imo ML isn’t worth the time. Maybe when Rovio will add some reward for finishing the leagues it’ll more useful info…
    Though, I’m impressed that you’ve spent the time and PU’s to confirm that it’s just worthless cash-grab. Congrats for getting so far :)

nancy
    @nancy

Mighty League is a ridiculous money grabbing joke. Master League is where all the world-wide cheaters and hacks come to roost and exploit any non-cheater who tries to beat their completely ridiculous and unbeatable scores. Rovio must know all those top scores are cheats and hacks but they do nothing about it. The cheat scores are so obvious, sometimes 4 or 5 times more points than if you were to obliterate every single item on the screen in less than a second with every power up available. Rovio, do you really enjoy exploiting people who enjoy playing your games on a level playing field? Why don’t you do something about these obvious cheats and their ridiculous scores? It’s the exact same situation in the equally ridiculous “Pig Challenge” in AB Seasons….hacks and cheats obtaining scores 3 to 5 times higher than possible using every available power up. I’m truly sick of the money grabbing, but on an uneven playing field it goes beyond greed to something that should be illegal….when you charge for game play then you should have a way to identify and disqualify cheaters and score hackers.

Squirrel61
    @squirrel61

@mp127 @nancy: I totally agree that the whole Mighty League is just about money grabbing, and I knew it in advance. It already starts with the stupid ads when you run out of tickets (and you will, because who is able to finish level after level with just one try?) considering that paying €2,99 for just 5 tickets is so ridiculous that I cannot imagine anyone doing it.

But curiousity got me and I wanted to be able to say that I’ve been there at least 1 time.

And about the scores, I agree that they must be cheated. Where the star scores are on the edge of what you can reach with total destruction in a minimal time, the daily scores in the rank list are far beyond that.

I wonder why Rovio doesn’t care about cheaters, because they don’t bring any money. Maybe they hope that they will convince non-cheaters to try over and over again and spend lots of money in the game? Well, I’m not one of both groups.

Currently, I’m considering dropping back to zero and then try to get as high as possible without using any powerups, because beating your score still is challenging.

burry
    @furry

I made it to the Gold League after being kicked back to Silver for not making the scores. Using power ups had never entered my mind, since I never use them. After reading all these comments I thought I would try using them to just see the Master League. I used those black bombs and finished the league. To open the Master League it said to log in, which I did to Facebook . Instead of taking me to the last level it took me back to the beginning of the game. So that’s the end of this challenge for me.

Squirrel61
    @squirrel61

Funny, you’re the second one mentioning the Faceboo login. I’m not logged in because I don’t have Facebook at all and I was not asked to log in after reaching the Master League.

And about the powerups, it never crossed my mind either until I came to the conclusion that the star scores where higher than the highest score in the ABN leaderboards.

burry
    @furry

To enter Master it stated I had to log in with either my Facebook or Rovio ID. I don’t have a Rovio ID.

Squirrel61
    @squirrel61

Indeed I’m logged in with a Rovio ID so I think that explains why I wasn’t asked.

Maiasatara
    @maiasatara

I’ve been away from most of Rovio since they ruined the Arena in AB2 for many of the reasons I see here. Found Mighty League today about 3 hours before the end of day so I played the first 6 levels (2 leagues.) my question – The display box for the league shows 4 jumps to make it to the slingshot. At which point I assume one earns something for flinging within this tiny box. There are three levels earning me three stars and three jumps. How does one get the FOURTH JUMP to reach the sling? From what I’m reading I don’t envision me sticking with it. Not at $3 for 5 tickets!

Squirrel61
    @squirrel61

The number of jumps in the league box is the number of levels which you have to star to advance to the next league, in the timeframe that is set for that particular league.

If it weren’t for the moneymaking, the Mighty League could be a nice addition which could make you play the game over and over again. But the moneymaking ruins it.

Btw. there’s another way to collect tickets. As described above, I made it to the Master League, but had no intention to stay there. So now I’m checking every day again until I’ve dropped back to the very start of the league, but every day this gives me 3 more tickets. So my count is now on 50 or so. In other words, if someone wants to play the league without paying ridiculous amounts of money for the tickets nor watching stupid boring video ads, you could check in every day for a week or 2 before you really start playing. That will give you 40+ tickets to start with.

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

Agree. I cannot see any way I can get anywhere near the scores required to clear ANY of the gold league games. Can someone who has made it through to the master league, give some indication of how it is done. There is no way I am paying for Power Ups. Can it be done without them?

Squirrel61
    @squirrel61

Like I wrote above, I made it to the master league. You definitely need powerups for gold and master league, because the star scores are way above what you could get when only using your normal birds.

Btw. I didn’t star even a single level from the Master League (it’s only about cheating or moneymaking like @nancy wrote above) and had myself kicked back to wood. Since I checked my “progress” every day without playing a single level, I returned to wood yesterday (took more time than I anticipated) and now I have almost 80 tickets.

I still don’t know if I’m quitting the league or just play the levels that can be done without powerups and then let myself be kicked out again. In a way, as long as you got ample tickets and don’t need powerups, and you don’t try to compete with all those cheaters online, the league can be fun. That means that silver league is the best you can get this way.

Raizir
    @raizir

Good news, there now is prize eggs in ABO that reward FREE POWERUPS! (and SHORT-FUSE BOMB) Along with 2 new boosters, the TNT SHIELD and the DAILY TICKET DOUBLER.

In order to activate these boosters you need to pay $$$’s

In order to earn these prize eggs, you need to get the respective stickers, which require reaching certain requirements (i.e use 10 power-ups in the Mighty league, listen to the ML anthem by darude.)

(This was for those who didnt know.)

So now there is kinda a reward for going into higher leagues.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Just want to have a bit of a moan actually.

I’ve been building up game plays (3 a day plus videos) so i could have a go at this.

over the last couple of weeks I have made my way through the leagues and this morning got through the Gold league.

To get into the masters league I have to sign into facebook. I don’t do facebook and don’t intend to, so basically I have wasted my time going through these leagues – just for a few stickers really.

Why does Rovio insist on facebook? Really not fair.

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

I agree. It STINKS!!

Squirrel61
    @squirrel61

I just finished gold leage again, for the second time in history :D Thanks @20qmindreader for your tip to fail regular levels, I finally got enough nuclear bombs to get through gold.

@jeremyharrod
    The previous time I managed to finish gold, I could enter the Mighty League by being logged in to my Rovio account. But this time, it insists on the Facebook login. No way I’m opening a Facebook account just for the Mighty League! I guess this is an “improvement” or “bug fix” from the last update…

I’m going to check back tomorrow and if I’m indeed not allowed into the ML without Failbook, then it’s game over for me.

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

Thanks to the advice on how to get free nuclear birds and to stock up on tickets before starting, I made it to the mighty league, but can’t understand how the leaderboard players can get such ridiculously high score. I am using PU’s, but their scores are still almost double mine. Any suggestions?

Squirrel61
    @squirrel61

I guess it’s done by hacking the savegame data. Indeed, it’s totally impossible to get the scores that appear on the top of the list. Even if you destroy every pig and brick in the level with the first bird, which happens to be a PU so you spare all your normal birds for 10k points each, you can’t reach these scores.

Btw. it’s a simple calculation I made some time ago. I had a few ML levels which I almost cleared. The remaining debris couldn’t add up for more than 50k points (10k was closer, but just to be sure I exaggerated). I added that to my score and added 10k times the initial number of normal birds and didn’t even come close to the top scores.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Mighty League general strategy

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.