Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 1,951 through 1,975 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

I tried to post this earlier, but it deleted itself, so I’ll try again. Apologies for the possible duplication.

I did a test of whether Cave 4-5 or Cave 9-5/9-7/9-8/9-9 provide a better payout of snouts and mastery on a per minute per bird basis. The test was done using only two birds, with the birds configured to provide maximum mastery per run through the cave. That means that AoE weapons were not used in Cave 9 since it’s mastery/snout payout is a function of the number of pigs you face per wave, so it’s beneficial not to kill multiple pigs per attack to clear a wave quickly (so that the game keeps feeding you pigs every two turns). (I think, anyway.) In contrast, for Cave 4-5 you want AoE effects so you clear things fast.

For the two-bird team of Guardian(70/69)/Princess(70/69), averaged over at least five runs through the cave, the results are:

Cave 4-5 . Mastery: 28 mastery/bird/min . 17 snouts/bird/min (steel wall/nightmare)
    Cave 9-7 . Mastery: 21 mastery/bird/min . 7 snouts/bird/min (dragon/nightmare)

So Cave 4-5 is better in terms of both snouts and mastery because it clears so fast. The mastery per run of the cave was almost double for Cave 9-7 over Cave 4-5 (150 vs. 85) but it took over 6 minutes per run for Cave 9-7 whereas Cave 4-5 cleared in a little under half the time (3 minutes per run). The snout count for Cave 9 is low because when set up for maximum mastery (no AoE effects, steel wall/nightmare) it almost always lets the wealthy bandit pig escape so you miss the 50-snouts almost all the time.

So, for a pure grindfest using pretty much any two-bird set, Cave 4-5 is better than Cave 9. However, because of the high payout, in situations where maybe you can’t (or don’t want) to deal with the game every 3 minutes, Cave 9 is a good option, provided there is some healing effect on each bird or Matilda is there (in my runs with Princess, Matilda never buffed but used almost all of the rage chilies to heal both Red and her).

nickname
    @zaqxsw

have you done those runs by using autoplay?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryde You want them? :D

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer

That’s cruel, mate. :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow No I was legit asking @angryde. If I can get his account, I can unlock each and every class and max them at M70. I did that for one of my friends a few months ago. :)

angryde
    @angryde

@datguygamer As tempting as that is… ESPECIALLY today… I’ll pass. XD I’m not sure I could endure that level of hypocracy! ROFL! Not that it wouldn’t be fun to step outside of my moral/ethical comfort zone! ;)

And I am with @toolow in his :O Your fluency re: computer related wizardry makes my feel like Australopithecus. That… or exceedingly old and fossilized. Sigh.

Australopithecus

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryde You know what? That actually made me spill my coffee. XD

I was so chocking on the hot liquid burning my nasal orifices due to sheer “PPPfffffttt” moment I had with that picture you uploaded. Haha, oh god, it hurts.

@toolow
    will be suffering the same fate as me. lol

Also, v2.0 is released in Canada, Brazil, New Zealand, Finland, App stores at the moment. @suzyq made a post about that.

burbman
    @burbman

U.S. as well

fant
    @fant

All the mastery figures on the first page are wrong again now thanks to V2.0. It now takes more mastery to rank up in the higher levels than it previously did. Even more grinding needed now…. *sigh*

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@fant By higher levels, how high do you mean? At what mastery level are you right now? I think there should be some categorical increments. But haven’t updated yet, so can’t say.

@smwforever45
    Sorry to say this, but if this is true, then they poured water on your work all over again.

burbman
    @burbman

@fant @datguygamer – Release notes indicate that there is less mastery required between lower mastery levels, they probably increased the higher mastery levels to offset this to keep the overall mastery needs approximately the same.

Based on Fant’s post in another thread, it looks like 60-61 might be 10% greater than it used to be. Really not that much of a difference, if mastery drops more often as is also stated in the release notes.

Joanna Caccavo
    @joanna-caccavo

Can anyone recommend a good way to grind the Blues and Red (non-paladin classes) for mastery? I find the lack of healing ability to make grinding in the caves very tough unless I’m using paladin or chuck + bomb (with healing weapons).

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@burbman Personally I am not that concerned since I am at max for all classes. But this table will forever be incomplete, it seems.

burbman
    @burbman

@joanna-caccavo – With the new release out today, I think we are all going to need a bit of time to digest the changes to come up with new recommendations. Unfortunately many of us have already reached max mastery so we will be relying on a smaller group of contributors.

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer

No quite, but yam pearls in cold ice tea are no less lethal. And my keyboard made a close escape too.

@angryde

You are definitely lethal, my friend. XD

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow He is a dangerous man. XD

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I guess we can’t just say “10% more for every mastery upgrade and that’s it”. We’ve gotta do more testing until we can see a system, then we can add preliminary data.

Until then, I’m afraid I need to wipe everything. :(

burbman
    @burbman

@smwforever45 – Definitely not an across the board 10% increase. Now that I am able to at least open my BabyBurbman team up it looks like mastery in the level 10-15 range is less than half of what it was prior to 2.0.

For sure you can wipe the table, as it will only confuse people.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

My samurai class is broken

Screenshot_20170225-112225.png

fant
    @fant

Found out some new amounts for levels:

60 to 61 is 12260
    61 to 62 is 12290
    68 to 69 is 12420

By the way, in 2.0 what is the best place now to gain mastery when grinding. I got a reply from Rovio saying that harder levels now give more mastery than easier ones. Doesn’t really help for the best place on autoplay though, which I’m still trying to figure out. Any ideas?

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

My current progress

Screenshot_20170307-090855.png

Screenshot_20170307-090850.png

Screenshot_20170307-090842.png

Screenshot_20170307-090828.png

Screenshot_20170307-090820.png

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The topic was gone for a little while but now it’s back up! I apologise for the eventual inconvenience caused by this.

I updated the first post with a few tips on how to farm Snoutlings the best way, since I thought it was rather convenient to put it here instead of people having to consult an obsolete topic.

@sam-spargo

Neat progress there!

@fant

Thanks a lot for your contributions! You have the honour to place the first three entries into the table!

For your question, I’d stick to the Chronicle Caves 4-5 and 13-5 for now until we know more. 13-5 is what advanced players (L70 and M50+) should easily be able to auto-play. All other players should do 4-5. 9-9 also works quite well.

Here’s my current Mastery table from after the event:

Next to rank up:
    Berserker: 235 to go from 57 to 58
    Illusionist: 497 to go from 53 to 54
    Samurai: 623 to go from 62 to 63
    Thunderbird: 732 to go from 52 to 53
    Priestess: 1409 to go from 59 to 60

Slowly but steadily filling up with Elite classes here. Only 10 left for me!
    Wizard will be hitting M70 soon probably, and Paladin is also coming closer. Thunderbird and Illusionist are still waaaaay behind.

EDIT: First post edited with the figures from @fant.
    I did some estimations and found out that the amount of Mastery it takes from 69 to 70 is likely the same as before the update: 12,430. The remaining figures, however, are much higher than before. I’m excited to see some figures for the lower ranks.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@smwforever45 thanks your doing great too :)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 1,951 through 1,975 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.