Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 1,226 through 1,250 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@christian-cosgrove
    Oh, I didn’t see your post!
    Sure you can help. There are two methods you can use:

1. Try to get your Samurai as close to the next level as possible, then switch to an early level (Golden Fields-1 for example) and kill pigs until you get the rank-up notice. Quit the battle and check how much Mastery your Samurai now needs to rank 7. That’s the number you tell me.

2. Play with Samurai until he has less than 500 Mastery left to the next rank. Note the number down and don’t use that class anymore. Wait for an offer at Mighty Eagle’s Dojo for your Samurai, and buy it. The class will rank up. Go to your Nest and check how much Mastery he needs to the next rank. From that number, subtract the number you noted down earlier, and add 500.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

My Sea Dog had 435 left to go to rank 8.
    I went to the Dojo and he got an offer for 500 mastery.
    I purchased it and he ranked up, having 22,855 mastery to go to 9.
    Thus, I can say that the mastery needed from rank 8 to rank 9 is 22,920. I estimated 23,000 – pretty accurate.

Now the only thing we need is 6 -> 7, then the table will be complete.

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

Going Island of the Misfit Toys on 11-4 when I’m out of event stamina.
    M7 Elite Stoneguard and M10 Rainbird can clear on autoplay. Almost as unexpected as when my M10 E Cleric and M10 Tricksters autoplayed it

Zhiwei Zheng
    @zhiwei-zheng

@smwforever45 It happens in the same game run where your bird leveling from M1. If you buy 500 at 0 MP M1, you will go to M2 in the game run everything goes normally. But if you quit at this time(however, I suggest grind or buy for like 1000 before quitting), it will be negative 100k to M3, which is actually M10.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@zhiwei-zheng
    That’s one heck of a bug then, and likely introduced with 1.4.7 when the Mastery was re-balanced. If Rovio reads this they will probably fix it soon. :P

@marty-schofield

I can understand how Stone Guard could do well since he’ll do 50% more damage thanks to Rainbird’s negative effect. Thanks for the tip, since my own M7 Stone Guard and M10 Rainbird also need some Mastery.

Zhiwei Zheng
    @zhiwei-zheng

@smwforever45
    It has already been re-balanced? What is the purpose to make manually grinding Mastery nearly impossible and that the difficulty raise with level excess the power improvement on birds? To force(not encourage) us to buy lucky coins?

It’s hard to make a great game, and Rovio did it many times. But it’s super easy to destroy it – put some annoying numbers in it.

I really love the parts where I can struggle to collect classes and blue prints or farming materials for a three-star items. But as for Mastery farming, thousands of fights for one Mastery level just cruely leaves me no hope and therefore no fun.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@zhiwei-zheng
    Yeah – but if it was so easy to grind Mastery, then the Dojo would have no real purpose… and that’s a great source of money for Rovio.

The next quickest way to gather mastery – after the Dojo and the events, of course – are the Chronicle Caves. If you can manage to do 50-ish battles in Level 11-4 you’ll get ~5,000 mastery for 2 of your birds. It doesn’t cure the main issue, I know… It is definitely pain to work your birds all the way up to M15 if you don’t use the bug you described.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Nice one @kennymcc!
    Wizard will make it to 15 by the end of the event :D

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer @smwforever45
    Thanks :) I am harvesting mastery points as much as it is possible :)
    Are we going to celebrate your Wizard at 15 :)?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc My Wizard? It’s been on M15 for a long time. It would be useless to celebrate for something that’s been here for so long. :P

Or are you talking about your Wizard?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

So I submitted a suggestion email to Rovio. About What exactly? Well, Elite Mastery

Mastery that is required for the Elite classes exclusively to level up and these level ups do not apply to the normal classes. Think about it, once all the Elite upgrades are done for, what are we left with regarding upgrades?

And these Elite upgrades are only 10% stronger. Why not introduce higher tiers of mastery for these classes so that these are actually giving a worth for in the long run?

These would be represented by Gold medals and are dropped at a lower rate than normal mastery. Elite Mastery will only be dropped when you are equipped with an elite class, otherwise only normal mastery will be dropped.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    Noooo :) Thats Yosh’s Wiz ofcourse :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Oh, okay. I thought we were talking about my Wizard. Anyway, what do you think of my idea? It’s just above your post.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    I am not sure if I uderstand it all. You just want to make Elite Classes to have their own mastery levels. For example 3 extra mastery levels for Elite Classes? 10% improvment per level?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Yes, pretty much. Now how much they gains or how many levels are introduced is up to Rovio (maybe 5% or 10% boost).

Think of the Elite Mastery as Tier 2 while the normal Mastery is Tier 1 and instead of a Silver bar, Elite Mastery will have a Gold bar. Now what do you think?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer Neat idea!
    While standard classes would stay capped at M15, the Elite classes could go up to M25 or something. (I can feel good ol’ @graugeist throwing his hands up in despair right now, if he was still playing XD)

I’d also wish for that Tier 2 Mastery to not only increase health and damage, but also the secondary effects of attacks and support abilities. For example, Elite Knight could reduce damage by 75% instead of 55%.

@kennymcc

Why not? Since all my other classes are M12 and lower it won’t happen so fast anymore. XD

I actually have 4 milestones marked in my Mastery table. One being to upgrade my first class to M15, one being to upgrade one class for each bird to M15, one being to unlock all classes, and the last being to upgrade all classes to M15. I don’t celebrate every single M15 class like you do it :-)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Thanks that you like my idea. So can you also send that idea to them? The more we send mails, the more it has chances to get implemented. No one loses but we win. :)

Also, I like the idea of improving other stats as well. Maybe make it so that normal mastery upgrades basic health and attack while Elite Mastery upgrades the other stats (chances, turns and whatnot) so as to keep that small level of balance.

How does that sound? Also, can you tell me what program you used to make that mastery diagram of all classes together (the type @kennymcc made once)?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Yeah, sounds nice! I just told Rovio so :)

How we did those diagrams? We did screenshots of each bird page, opened the pictures in an image manipulating program (Paint.NET, GIMP or Photoshop, for example), cropped them and put them together.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Thanks for sending the idea to Rovio (that makes two of us) AND for the program recommendation.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Tricksters had their lucky day today. Not only did I unlock their Elite upgrade this morning, they also ranked up to M11 just now. :D

46 hours left and there will be a LOT more rank-ups incoming! :P That’s when I’ll post another beautiful Mastery diagram :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    The elite mastery can be good idea but all depands on details to keep the game balanced.

I used the basic Windows painting program to make it, as Yosh spoke about. Yeah it take some time to make it, but its cool :)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 1,226 through 1,250 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.