Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 976 through 1,000 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

@pixelyzed
    I use Ressurection almost exclusively (with the occasional Weakness vs. opponents’ Witch), so yes.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@poptimus

Thought so ;) Done!

Pointless
    @pointless

There really are few playable Emblems, despite all the choices. What do we see? Resurrect? Chrono? Vengence? Retaliate? That’s about it… the only other I see as useful, granted in certain situations, is Rage Shield, which used to be a lot more common.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Resurrection is the one I see the most, probably 60% of all matches.
    Followed by Time Jump, another 20% of all matches.
    Then Vengeful, another 10% of all matches.
    Then Weakness (used a lot more since people realised how powerful Witch is).
    Then Rage Shield.
    Then Retaliate.
    Then Rage Block.
    Then Spikes.
    The others are too rare to list.

Someone should count the emblems.

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 yes, I did forget about the occasional Weakness being used as a counter to Witch. Goes with my other comment regarding everything, save Reset, having a counter measure.

btw, too bad about the German handball team and the loss to France.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    I read that last part of your comment smirking a bit because it’s technically a soccer/football match, but the 1:0 for France was caused by a penalty due to a handball. :P

Germany played well. The only thing they couldn’t do was to score.

Pointless
    @pointless

That was exactly my point, not a mistype :)
    Two games in a row, Semi vs France and Quarter vs Italy where an errant hand has been involved.

I will agree, Germany played very well and deserved a better fate.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@pointless @smwforever45
    I used to be a professional handball player! Now I just test games for Rovio full time. What a coincidence. Lol

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

Started playing with Resurrection again and it makes a big difference against stronger teams.

Also, I finally got a Time Jump and I’ve tried it even if it’s just a 2 stars. I maxed it and it works great as well! I hope I’ll be given a proper 3 starrs one soon. The TJ was more effective than Resurrection against some teams.

Still waiting on Valiant head though. I was given 2 Tapestry parts in a row and I already have that… what a waste! Same with weapons, I keep getting set items I already have. THis is getting really frustrating as there’s such a variety.

But anyway, the arena is fun to play again although I’ll have to adapt my strategies.

Yocki
    @jacek-jedrzejowski

What do you guys think of Soothing emblem? I hate using percentage emplems, e.g. TJ, 10% – I hardly see my birds using it, even resurrection, 30% but happen none or once per battle. Enemy birds tends to use their emblems far more often. That’s why I decided to rely on emblems that’s works all the time. Soothing make enemy lower their rage so enemy birds hardly never use their rage attack, which I find good for me. What’s are your thoughts on this?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jacek-jedrzejowski
    If you want to prevent too much damage from rage attacks Rage Block may be the best emblem choice, especially against those dreaded AoE birds like Chuck’s classes, or Spies. Rage Shield can also be decent (but not as much against chain attack set items like Dragon or TL).

Personally, I use Vengeful, but I will switch to Resurrection once I obtain it.

EDIT: Got my next class to 10 – Rogues. Avenger, Princess and Spies are all very close to ranking up (each about 1.2k-1.3k away from the next rank).

Yocki
    @jacek-jedrzejowski

But you lower rage damage (rage shield) or prevent one bird from using rage (rage block). Have you use soothing? Enemy’s bird hardly never user rage at all. You don’t need to block it on one bird, don’t need to lower it’s power. They just don’t use rage. Especialy when using dragon set and wizard (which I see very often), their aoe attack almost always hit banner and their rage lowers. Don’t you think soothing works much better than block or shield?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jacek-jedrzejowski
    Soothing isn’t bad… but it doesn’t entirely prevent rage attacks. It just takes a lot longer to charge up when the enemy attacks the banner a lot. I haven’t used it myself but I have played against Soothing emblems a few times. (It doesn’t appear as much now, though. Maybe one or two fights a week.)

Rage Block is good because it can affect all three enemy birds (granted they attack the banner), and it’s a decent counter against AoE teams. (Not so much against Mana teams.)

Rage Shield has the big advantage that it heavily lowers the rage attack damage, and usually rage attacks (especially when started by Chuck) are deadly for at least two, if not even all of my birds. I lost several battles because a lone Chuck suddenly revived and used the chilli KO’ing all of my birds, even Elite Paladin. Especially Wizard and Elite Thunderbird do HEAVY damage when they’re on their own.

Pointless
    @pointless

Rage Shield will be your better option over Soothing, as our Green (Red?) Friend has said. If you are playing a defensive lineup, then take advantage of the damage limiting Emblems.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    Yoshis appear in as many colours as the rainbow… I am red :P

Pointless
    @pointless

Finally pushed my first Class to M14 (Wizard), the old-fashioned way all the while. A few more very close, and all others already at M13 with the exception of the never used Priestess.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

I have half my classes at M12 and half at M13 so still farming mastery in KPC.

Pointless
    @pointless

You know you’ve done a few runs of SRC when the number 149,685 means something to you…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

A question that randomly popped into my head just now…

Do you get more mastery for your classes if you play with only 1 or 2 birds, than with 3 or 4? Like, say Wizpig is defeated, and he drops mastery, and each bird is awarded 16 mastery for this pig. If you played with only 2 birds, would that mean 24 mastery for each bird, and 48 mastery when playing with a single bird?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@smwforever45 No you still get the same mastery for the birds. The game calculate mastery depending on enemies but do not divide it with amount of birds.

Dave
    @seraphion

@smwforever45
    Im not 100% sure but I think it doesnt matter how much birds you have. All get the same points. ~ 50 in SRC if Im not mistaken

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryjohnny @seraphion
    Wow that’s a bummer. It’s certainly harder with less birds!

And I do know how much mastery you get per SRC run XD It was just an example to demonstrate.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Last week for me guys !
    I am calibrating all my classes so that he stays only 6k in each and on Sunday evening event will make the rest. I shall have more than has to buy from the Dojo for Blues.
    Almost 3M mastery in 47 days ^^.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Ok… so since Premium classes are on sale right now I’ve got three choices I can make:
    – Buy Thunderbird (for 156 LC’s)
    – Buy Sea Dog (for 169 LC’s)
    – Buy Skulkers (for 71 LC’s) (and have some LC’s left for another Elite headgear)

Some advice me to get Sea Dog, some advice me to get Thunderbird, some like Skulkers… I’m honestly torn apart. They’re all good. And I need them all for objectives in the Arena.

I’ll probably go for Thunderbird though because of the highest amount of LC’s I can save (104 vs. 91 for Sea Dog vs. 59 for Skulkers). And also, because Thunderbird is probably the most common objective I get of the Premium class objectives. And also, because Chuck is the only bird with 4 classes. (All other birds have 5 or 6 already.)

Pointless
    @pointless

That is a tough decision, and obviously everyone who answers will do so with some bias, based on their playing style. I will say that for me, I cannot honestly say which of the three comes up more often in Objectives, but you can get both “Win with SeaDog” and “Win with SeaDog and Spies” as Primary Objectives. I don’t think I have seen TBird come up as anything other than “Win with TBird and Cleric” or Skulkers come up as anything but “Win with Skulkers”, so maybe this makes a case for SeaDog.

I almost always use SeaDog in Events, as his Gang up provides the huge benefit of extra attacks each round, and tied to a Chuck Rage can be truly devastating. But you have been on these forums long enough to know my opinion about the class :)

Honestly though, they are all of use, and you know whichever one you choose, your next week’s Objectives will contain one of the other two…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 976 through 1,000 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.