Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 901 through 925 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless @smwforever45 I go for one night’s sleep and come back and I see my inbox flooded with mentions. :D

Anyways, yeah, that bug is fixed. During the event my birds were switching back and forth between strong and weak but now as of three days, I can see see as strong. Some of my classes are still at M14 (they just ranked up) and so I can say that it is now fixed. No need for stalling, you can go ahead and gather mastery.

burbman
    @burbman

Correction to earlier posts, or maybe things have just changed. I just got my first bird from M12 to M13, and the mastery to gain from 13 to 14 is now 37,500.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

You are correct @burbman Rovio changed it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Does anyone know how long it now takes to get from 14 to 15?
    Since it will probably stay at that, I’ll have to update my mastery sheet.

@datguygamer
    maybe?

EDIT: I’d like to bring @chinolatino’s case to mention, he reported that mastery ranks above 12 still are not working correctly:

I just leveled up my Spies from 12 to 13. The games sends a message of increasing health and attack by 10%, but that wasn’t the case.

Health 3089 to 3236
    Attach 1555 to 1629

Both went up about 4.8%

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 For my Witch it says, 43.5 K. But apparently some people are reporting differently. :/

burbman
    @burbman

@smwforever45 @chinolatino – This may be a case of the current increase then being multiplied by other adjusters based on experience level, weapon, etc. I recall similar threads back when mastery went up from 10 to 12. There are many, many variables within the game, and when mathematical order of operation rules start to come into play, sometimes things start to look a little different than one would expect intuitively.

EDIT: Could also be that the base class with mastery 13 now has an adjuster of 130% versus the old 120% for a mastery 12 bird. Technically a 10% increase, but again not what one might expect.

burbman
    @burbman

Spent my lunch hour comparing SRC and KPC to see which was the better source for grinding mastery. Set each level to play using autoplay, with a quick tap on the prize wheel and a restart between each run. Ran each five times through and recorded Mastery earned per bird, snoutlings earned, and elapsed time. My lineup consisted of 60/12 Wizard with 52/10 Reborn Set, 60/13 Elite Sea Dog with 52/10 Finisher Set, and 60/13 Spies with 52/10 Save Me Set (my standard arena team) Also have a golden chili. Here is what I found:

King Pig Castle
    83 mastery/bird/battle
    30 snouts/battle
    4 min 26 sec per battle
    18.75 mastery/bird/min
    6.7 snouts/min

Star Reef Castle
    50 mastery/bird/battle
    125 snouts/battle
    2 min 35 sec per battle
    19.4 mastery/bird/min
    48.4 snouts/min

Overall, this was a pretty small sample size, so I would take the small difference between mastery/bird/min as a wash. But considering that I do not yet have the half million snouts it would take to purchase enough mastery to take all birds from 12 to 15 in the dojo, the extra snouts really push the needle toward SRC as the best place to grind.

Anonymous

@burbman
    I’ve been fooling around with KPC a bit over the past couple days too, and reached the same conclusion. There’s not a clear mastery/minute advantage for either castle (if anything, my data says SRC is sloghtly better), so the extra Snouts from SRC makes it a no-brainer.
    I tried a few different combinations, and ran each combo ten times on both castles. Still a small sample, but the results were pretty consisten from run to run, so I feel comfortable that it’s accurate enough for our purposes. I even selected teams designed specifically to auto play KPC, and it didn’t matter.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Me, I’ll stick to SRC, considering I need Snouts AND mastery. If I needed only mastery I might still go for SRC because it takes less time to clear than KPC, both on auto-play and on manual-play, and it nets decent mastery too.

BTW, Samurai and Capt’n made it to rank 10 today. Paladin will be next very soon, Lightning Bird and Witch are also getting ready to rank up to 10 and 7 respectively.

EDIT: Going to do some research myself. XD I’ll try all castles on auto-play and manual-play, except for Wizpig’s Castle since the loot from that one is ridiculous and the battle is still too hard for me. (I never was able to clear the Demonic Wizpig battle a second time!)

Pointless
    @pointless

KPC can be cleared almost as fast as SRC, if you either play yourself or use Birds that will actually attack. The problem is, as @bubbley previously said, is that many combinations on autoplay get stuck in a couple of places buffing over and over again. It is really quite painful to watch (as is most autoplay)…I recently watched Paladin, Wizard and Capt’n, on the last wave, do this, to the point of complete insanity…

Bubbley
    @bubbley

In my opinion if you don’t need snoutlings then KPC is the better option. I ground out every bird from 10 to 12 last time using SRC and the 10 wave levels in cave 9. The cave gave between 90 and 110 points per bird. SRC gave 50 to 60 ( why since we always fight the same bird? ). It took me 3 months. We have to collect less mastery this time which helps. I already have 12 birds at level 13 and another 5 within few hundred. I did get 5000 from Rovio but I already had 8 birds at 13 when I received it.

This time the cave gives the same mastery but SRC gives about 40. KPC gives about 80.

I guess it depends on your priorities but all the grinding last time gave me a residual 750k in snoutlings with nothing to spend it on.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@bubbley,

I have more than 900k snouth, so what KPC ? It’s better for only mastery ?
    I have already 24 birds at rank 13, but I d’ont play with Blue, I wait that all others birds classes are rank 15 for infinite buy at Dojo.
    I think I can reach rank 15 for all birds in 40 days (with 14 days already played since update). But if KPC is faster… Telle me.

And yeah, 150k (120k for 4 birds) are a good gift.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Congrats man. I finally got Witch to M:10 today… God, what a grind. All other classes are SO CLOSE to M:13 except Illusionist and Frost Savage. Oh, and I’ve always been a SRC man. :-P

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    And congrats to you too. :P
    Despite M6 my Witch is somewhat useful already… Currently using her to catch up on the 4K mastery I missed because of yesterday’s stupid objective. Unfortunately got a strike against a Valiant/Resurrection user with Stone Guard, Elite Thunderbird and Elite Sea Dog. :P

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@grimmjow KPC gives at least twice as much mastery. Just make sure you choose a team which doesn’t buff forever during the waves with Iron clads.

I am pretty sure I read somewhere in this forum that you have problems if you gain more than 1 million in snouts.

Good luck.

Anonymous

@bubbley
    I’ve had different results. SRC gives closer to 50 mastery per run, and KPC 70. Since SRC is so much faster per run (under three minutes, vs under five for KPC), it’s the more efficient option for mastery, even ignoring snouts. What’s your sample size for the 40/80 mastery figures?

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@bubbley
    Twice ? Seriously ?
    You mean that, if with SRC I can reach rank 15 in 40 days, with KPC that should be possible in 20 days ?
    Actually I make 50k per day :
    – 12k per bird in team who fight, so 36k
    – 14k from Dojo

Dojo can’t give me more, but if KPC gives twice, I can make 86k per day (36*2 + 14). Right ?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

In my experience it works like @poptimus wrote; KPC gives more mastery than SRC but if you autoplay the levels it will also take almost twice the time to finish KPC compared to SRC. And since SRC also gives you more snoutlings it is better to autoplay SRC than KPC.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@angryjohnny,

How do you win per day with SRC and Dojo ?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@grimmjow No idea, I just play and gather mastery when I can. I haven’t really calculated any totals.
    I do have 7 classes at mastery level 13 though and 4 of them are also more than halfway to mastery level 14. No mastery level 15 classes yet though.

Anonymous

@pointless @bubbley
    Any suggestions for teams that can get through KPC more quickly than 4:30 or 5:00 minutes?

@grimmjow

On days when I grind SRC, my total combined mastery per day (including snout offers at the dojo) is roughly 35,000 – 40,000.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@poptimus sample size 20 battles for each. Good teams are: Pirate Bard TB, LB SD Samurai, RB Cannoneer Marksman, LB SD Skulkers. Princess Beserker Mage also works but that one is slower. I find Princess difficult to autoplay so it suits me.

I don’t sit and grind for mastery. I grind while I do other things so I don’t keep an eagle eye on it. For me KPC is better.

Pointless
    @pointless

@poptimus the issue with autoplay in KPC wave 5 seems to be programming built into the AI for your Team. There seems to be a hangup based on Porky’s capped damage, most likely old from when he actually dodged all damage. If your Birds will do more damage than this cap, they simply will not attack Porky, rather buff and rebuff ad infinitum. The only thing that saves the autoplay is the appearance of the Bombs, which will be targeted and any splash will obviously hurt Porky.
    All of this being said, for best results, include Birds that will inflict damage lower than Porky’s cap (eg Samurai, DOT Birds). They may still get hung up in buff cycles, but should clear KPC a quicker pace.

burbman
    @burbman

@grimmjow – In your case, with over 900,000 snoutlings in the bank, I would switch to KPC so that you do not go over the million snout barrier. You will end up gaining approximately the same amount of mastery per day, but will not have to restart battles as often. By all means – if you are getting close to that million snout mark, find some way to waste some of them – buy potions, buy ingredients, upgrade junk weapons, whatever, just do not end up losing the whole pile.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@burbman, @bubbley, @poptimus, @pointless,

I was one of first persons affected by the snout’s limit.
    Since Rovio had restore my snouts (so during the last limit of mastery : 12), I bought lot of potions (more 2.000 each), before 990k.

Now with the new limit of mastery and the shards, I buy material for craft bamboo and when all classes of 4 birds will reach M15, I will buy infinite in Dojo.

So, don’t care about my snout, I know how manage pigs money.
    I just need to know what is the best way for grind mastery for reach the new limit faster (maybe the first without money/LC ^^).

Last, that took me 92 days (3 months), but I didn’t know the tip for Dojo infinite for 1 bird (I believe that just for 1 class… 1 bird is better).
    I’m able to success in 35 days (thanks 150k gift from Rovio), maybe less because value for M15 is unknow and I have register the value from @datguygamer : 49.500.
    But M14 need 37.500, no 42.500 like he means.

Conclusion : 15 days of play since update + 35 or less again = maybe a record for 3 mastery’s rank in 50 days… Or less

I need to know who is better. KPC or SRC ?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 901 through 925 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.