Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 851 through 875 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Oh okay.

Nope! I sorted out Spies when I got the Dragon set for Paladin. Since then, I use Paladin/Wizard/Capt’n (8-10-9) because Wizard and Paladin provide healing and deal massive damage while Capt’n can dispel helpful effects AND give all birds a massive attack boost.)
    Using Paladin for SRC heavily boosted his mastery rank – while he used to be far behind all other Red classes a month ago, he’s about to overtake Avenger and Guardian and become #2 behind Samurai.

My arena team depends on the objectives I get. If I want to power through, however, I use Paladin/Wizard/Capt’n or Paladin/Wizard/Spies (using the first more often since I have the golden chilli); and for special purposes I have my Venomous team, Rainbird/Druid/Rogues (which is 9-9-9 since a few days).

If you’re saying that because I listed them below the “Next to level up” section, it’s because I consider them the most important classes for me. Once the Spies get stronger I may start using them more often. (The Blues have no set items equipped as of right now.)

Pointless
    @pointless

You should auto-SRC using that primary Arena team then. Getting them up to 12 will not only make your Arena game easier, but will help with the Dojo offers, as less Classes not maxed means more opportunity to purchase multiples for other Classes.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Right now I use Paladin/Wizard/Capt’n most often in Arena (I guess that makes it my primary team?) and that’s who I’m SRC’ing with. When the Blues are finally blessed with a set item I may use them more often again. Or maybe not because I find Bomb to be great.

angryde
    @angryde

@pointless @smwforever45 I don’t know what’s more frightening… contemplating how many times I auto-SRC’d with the Venomous team… or contemplating just how quickly those 45.6 quadrillion Seastars got depleted… bloody enchantment!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    Could be working now. Back when I was searching for an SRC strategy, however, all birds but Red were one-hit KO’d when Wizpig’s support ability was on. Plus my current team is closer to max mastery anyway. :P

Farming SRC as I write this. I actually RAN OUT of snoutlings yesterday – I gotta catch up XD

Pointless
    @pointless

Ouch…”ran out” of Snouts. Who would have thought it possible? Kinda like @angryde and the Seastars :)

angryde
    @angryde

@pointless Tell me about it! AND I’m down to only 12,143 snoutlings… after having more than 125,000 at one point. AND all my seastars are gone! Unbelievable! But that’ll soon be rectified… as I need to SRC-grind Illusionist (9), Frost Savage (7) and Witch (8) up to M:12.

Joe Wolf
    @joe-wolf

what are the best class combos to auto-play SRC?

Red: -/7/7/7/7/7
    Chuck: -/-/7/8/7/4
    Mag: -/7/8/7/5/5
    Bomb: -/-/7/7/7/4
    Blue: -/7/7/4/7/4

At level 50. No set items.

I feel committed to start girding but can only auto-play.

Joe Wolf
    @joe-wolf

What does SRC mean?

Anonymous

@joe-wolf
    SRC = Star Reef Castle
    I’m not sure which classes are the missing ones represented by dashes in your other post though, so it’s hard to say which combos I should suggest.
    Generally, you’re going to need to use Capt’n and/or Tricksters in all combos for a while, until your birds and gear are higher level. Paladin and Druid with either of Capt’n/Tricksters is probably a good bet, but at M7/M8 without set items, I’m not sure you’ll be able to win it consistently on autoplay no matter which birds you use (but of course it’s worth a try!). Maybe try Guardian + Cleric + Capt’n/Tricksters too.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

At M7, SRC is going to be tough. I think you manual play it until you get to M8/M9

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Somewhere earlier I wrote that I was able to auto-play SRC with Wizard/Cleric/Tricksters at 9/7/8 with ease. So I think if you have your favourite birds at rank 8 you’re good to go.

@joe-wolf
    , it’s a shame your Wizard is only mastery rank 4 (I assume that’s what the fourth class is, since that’s how Chuck’s classes are sorted on my game). Definitely use Wizard more often because it’s Chuck’s best class! His second ability may not be the best but the chain damage is devastating and important in PvE and in Arena.
    Same goes for Capt’n! He doesn’t deserve to dump around at mastery rank 4. He can dispel helpful effects like Tricksters and he can also give himself or other birds a MASSIVE damage boost of 60%. With Paladin on your team (I hope you have that class, if not get it as soon as possible), you’ll easily make up for the 10% lost health.
    Currently I auto-play SRC with Paladin/Wizard/Capt’n and this combo never failed me.

Tip: For auto-play, try to use classes with secondary effects that auto-play doesn’t use. Spies’ or Priestess’ secondary effects are merely time wasters, for example. Any secondary ability they use is lost damage on the enemies. I found Paladin and Wizard will just keep attacking enemies when you auto-play. Capt’n will use secondary effects – and usually he uses it on Paladin which is interesting! – but that’s a really good one so I’m ok with that.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Sometimes wonderous things happen.
    Three days ago I wrote “Guardian’s got 1k to go to 9, Paladin’s got 4k to go to 9”.
    Guess who reached rank 9 first. Yup, Paladin. XD
    Guardian got only a single Dojo offer since then, while Paladin got 2 or 3. Plus I use Paladin in all the battles in PvE. He just ranked up as I was repeating Cave 17-5. :P

Joe Wolf
    @joe-wolf

@smwforever45: What’s the main way you are using to grind for snouts? Cave 17-5?

Thank youi so much for the advice btw. It really helped me out!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@joe-wolf
    No. The only reason I play Cave 17-5 is for the blueprint I’m still missing. The snoutling output is too low for the difficulty you face (Level 49, lots of brutes and 10 waves) so nothing to play for a long time. I actually failed the level today and I played with a 9-10-8 team!

My main means to obtain snoutlings are (probably like everyone else’s)
    1. the daily dungeons (each hit from McCool gives two snouts, plus the snouts the enemies drop, plus the snouts you get after clearing the level – will yield at least 150 snouts per run if you get 3 stars and the worst possible prize on the reward wheel – you’ll get more if you do the Elite dungeon or you get the jackpot prize, and less if you clear the level with only 1 or 2 stars). Only do your daily dungeon though – it’s NOT worth spending LC’s on just to get a second run.
    2. repeatedly playing Star Reef Castle (yielding about 125-130 snoutlings per run). It’s important you defeat Wizpig – he alone gives 100 snoutlings and he’s the reason everyone here is playing that level. Prince Porky at Desert Pig Castle gives the same amount – but at DPC you’ll be facing one Ironclad enemy (the Cactus Knight on wave 2) and one Dodge Enemy (Prince Porky on wave 5), making it very difficult finding a proper auto-play team.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

My five classes for Red are now all 9’s! The mastery I got from the mini-event made Avenger and Knight catch up to the others. Guardian and Paladin levelled up yesterday.

That makes it:

9 – 9 – 9 – 9 – 9 – /
    9 – 9 – 9 – 10 – / – /
    8 – 9 – 9 – 7 – 8 – /
    8 – 8 – 9 – 9 – / – 8
    9 – 9 – 9 – 10 – / – 8

Next ones to level up:

Cannoneer 8 -> 9: 983 to go
    Bard 7 -> 8: 1466 to go (I haven’t been getting ANY offers for her in DAYS… whereas other classes got 10 in the same time.)
    Cleric 8 -> 9: 3384 to go

Paladin 9 -> 10: 42669 to go
    Wizard 10 -> 11: 16185 to go
    Capt’n 9 -> 10: 23990 to go

It’s quite interesting that the classes I don’t use as often are all dumping around at about the same mastery point level, with Samurai, Capt’n, Spies and especially Wizard being extremely ahead and Bard, FS and TH extremely behind because they’re the three newest classes (Paladin used to be far behind the others too but it changed since I started using him for SRC farming and in most PvE battles). I used Samurai all the time when I didn’t have Paladin. He was the first class I had at 7 and 8 before Wizard overtook.
    Using certain classes all the time makes a HUGE difference in the mastery outcome. After reading this topic I first had the feeling Dojo buys were the only good mastery source but the Caves, Dungeons, Events and the SRC farming do their contribution too.

EDIT: Updated – Berserker and Spies levelled up. Second class at 10, woo!

Jewlsdeluxe
    @jewlsdeluxe

Congratulations, @smwforever45

I’ve been working on getting Capt’n and Spies up to 12. They’re both level 11 now. My SeaDog is still at level 9. I’m curious if you have ever purchased mastery at the Dojo only to see it not take? I had two opportunities to purchase 500 mastery for SeaDog, which should have left him with about 48,300 to go until level 10. But it’s still at 49,300. Strange, and frustrating. Since Paladin is my only level 12 bird I’m leaving him alone for SRC and using Wizard (10) and Spies and Capt’n. I haven’t tried this combo until today and I’m amazed at how fast I can get through SPC on autoplay. Good luck with the rest of your birds!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Note that enchanted weapons will make SRC and Caves a LOT easier – if you have Level 52 Set Items, pump them up!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jewlsdeluxe
    Save your congrats for when my first bird is at 12. XD I’m just posting my regular updates here.

So far I never had a Dojo buy failing on me.

Good luck with your birds too!

@graugeist

I noticed as well! Right now I’m using the Shards I have to pump everything up to 5, then slowly upgrade the best ones towards 10. The Shards cost is immense.

MasterClifford01
    @masterclifford1

Now the maximum of mastery rank is level 12

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@smwforever45 – you’ll do better to enchant your “best” items to 8+ than all items to 5.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@graugeist
    With more caves possibly coming, and the max level cap possibly being raised, I don’t wanna enchant all the way up to 10…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

It’s a question of having a few really good items, versus a lot of middling items. I say concentration is better. Pick one set for each bird to focus on.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

And there’s the thing – I am slowly getting some decent items, but there’s so many and I just don’t have all those shards I’d need and I don’t know if I should get ONE good set item to 7+ or ALL good set items to 5 first.
    My Dragon set for Red is still at 52:4/52:5, will try to get the 5 shards for completing the objectives in a few minutes then get that to 5. I have the Banner Breaker weapon part at 31:3. Would love to have a higher levelled one first.
    I’ve got Reset for Chuck at 52:5/52:3 right now – I have a few other set items for Chuck but no other complete set. Also my weapon part of the Time Jump set is only at 47:3, I’d love to get an L52 version before further enchanting. My off-hand part of the Mana set is 52:3, my off-hand part of the Twin Lighting set is 52:1.
    Mathilda has the weapon part of Nature’s Blessing at 52:5, and the off-hand part of Nightmare at 52:3. I’m using both because of a lack of other set items.
    Bomb has the weapon part of Gladiator at 52:4, and the off-hand part of Sugar Rush at 52:3. Using both because I have no other set items.
    Blues still have NO set item, and my non-set items are enchanted to 3 for the Blues. (maybe I should get these to 6? I do have a small stock on square wood, rainbow shells and metal bars.)

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

I’m with @graugeist. Ditch any weapons that are not level 52 and use the ressources to power up the best others. One great set per bird is better than many medium powered ones.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 851 through 875 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.