Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 826 through 850 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@graugeist But is there a reason why is he being stubborn? Like what good will come out of it if you purposefully don’t buy classes?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

He has his reasons. There are no benefits, just more difficulty.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I’m really curious as to what his reasons are if he has them.
    I mean he could still OBTAIN the classes… just never use them. Maybe only if the Arena objectives require 5 wins with Sea Dog, Stone Guard or the like.
    He says he has 1800 LC’s in the bank – the “standard” Premium classes are 90+95+150+260+260=855 LC’s, the five Event classes add another 1300 LC’s to that (given that he didn’t obtain them). So to speak, he doesn’t even have enough LC’s if he didn’t participate in the events, but he definitely has enough for Paladin, Bard, Skulkers, Sea Dog and Thunderbird and he’d still have well over 900 LC’s left for whatever hits him.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I think @angryde explained himself just fine on the previous page. You don’t have to agree, and you don’t need to press him further.

His overall strategy and current position are far from “optimal” (if easier games are an objective), and he is also fully aware of the advantages that would come from spending a portion of those LCs – he just chooses not to.

angryde
    @angryde

Hey @smwforever45 and @datguygamer, @graugeist is correct… the subject of my semi-deranged meanderings down the path that led me HERE has come up before. Lol. I tried to explain how it all happened, as why it keeps it happening, in a number of previous posts: fear not, I won’t bore you with my ‘rationalizations’ – and I use that term in the loosest possible sense – (again) here/now. In short, as a gamer, I’m a compulsive hoarder with an irrational terror of not having enough resources when ‘I really need them.’ That’s the short answer.

Ed. For example, I played the entire ‘Dead Space’ series… and only EVER used the ‘Plasma Cutter.’ I finished each game absurdly rich… but proceeded to use the same ‘strategy’ at the beginning of the next game. Lol. I can’t really explain it… but I think it all stems from my early gaming experiences on the C-64 and Amiga-500 in the late 80s and early 90s. Those games were just so damned unforgiving, if that makes sense..?

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

OMG @angryde that’s what I love too, in most of games that I play – I just want to collect as much values as possible. I play several fashion games and have value in game’s premium currency worth couple hundreds real dollars and I yet don’t use it. I guess that other women and girls spend all “gems” they get from playing game each time they have enough to buy item they like, but that is not my case, just like you who have 1,800 + LCs and could afford all premium clasess and still keep pretty nice sum left after. I completely understand your reasons, you play your game as you like and that is cool.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@angryde
    It’s funny how they talk about you like you are not in the room! They just want your LCs. They should start a new thread named Everybody Analyze Angryde. Keep doing what you are doing because this has become highly entertaining to follow.
    FYI I started on the Atari 2600 in the 80’s.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Okay then. For the record I wasn’t analyzing him. I was just curious to know why he doesn’t purchase classes and that’s it. Well…

angryde
    @angryde

@dallasreds Oh, sweet Jesus, that brings back memories… of sleepless and sugar-fueled nights co-playing ‘Pole Position’ and ‘Pitfall’ on my childhood mate’s Atari 2600. Good times were had by all, that’s for sure! Oh… the sheer, unadulterated innocence!

@cosmo2503
    LOL Thanks! It’s comforting to know that I’m not the only anally retentive semi-psychotic lurking in/on the nest! ;-) While I’ve never played any fashion games, I can well imagine how they could facilitate our shared ‘compulsion.’ *cough, cough* Perhaps I should download one now… hmmmm.

Hey, @datguygamer, it’s all good, mate, I didn’t take any offense whatsoever at your comment or your ‘analysis’ ;-) Your curiosity re: my motivations are well justified… because it IS pretty compulsive and irrational behavior (on my part) ROFL! :-D

@graugeist
    Thanks for being the quiet ‘voice of reason.’ Legend.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I’m not sharing your opinion but I respect it. :) I’ll buy the classes one by one after I got the chilli. Like most others do. :P

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

BTW I started out on my computer and on my parents’ SNES. I sure miss the old times!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I started out on my brothers’ ATARI 2600!! Then it was the NES.

@angryde
    I don’t quite mind your attitude as I also have a habit of collecting stuff in game. However, in Epic, I don’t “collect” the currency. Rather I collect the weapons and offhand items and the Emblems, Flags and Tops. I’d like to assume (though I am not quite sure on how right I am) that I have the largest collection of items in Epic than anyone else as most people tend to scrap their items. I understand your hoarding mentality. :)

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 @datguygamer Thanks for your understanding guys… and for your comments! Lol. And, wow, we’re should really think about forming some sort of ‘retro console-gaming appreciation’ thread on the nest… I have a feeling that it would be disproportionately popular ;-)

Many apologies if I was unintentionally obtuse or seemed to be ‘shamelessly attention *horing’ in my initial reply. Damn interwebz speak!

You’ll be proud though… today I FORCED myself to buy 50 enchantment shards… 125 LCs gone… just like that… and I’ll admit, I had to have a cup of tea, an Ibuprofen, and a longish lie down in a darkened room after that…

However, I have ya’ll to thank for that ;-)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryde Hehehe, no problem.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer @angryde Hey, I have a hoarding mentality too! However, mine goes to collecting video games and not selling or giving them away after I complete them. I might play them again one day. XD

And yeah, absolutely! I also play any sorts of Nintendo games (I have nothing against other companies’ consoles BTW – they just sorta lack interesting games to me), on Gameboy, NES, SNES, DS, Wii, 3DS and Wii U. I and my parents have some valuable treasures. :P

Enchantment shards are a good investment! You won’t regret it. ;) Although, it’s just another thing to make the game easier. I thought you were against that. XD

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Nowadays, I’m more of a Playstation guy but this discussion is really going off-topic now, isn’t it @smwforever45r45? :P

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    I’ll respect you if you respect me back ;) Other websites and forums are full of these console wars, I’m fed up with people saying that one company is so much better than the other.

There’s not really much to say about mastery points though :D
    Maybe it’d be worth mentioning that Capt’n reached mastery rank 9 today, but that’s it :P
    Wizard’s got 2.3k to go to 10, Samurai is 3.3k away from 9.

angryde
    @angryde

I’m with you @smwforever45. I’m totally, um, ‘promiscuous,’ when it comes to my gaming platforms… whatever works, I say! :-D Congrats on your mastery progression! At the end of this latest event, I’ll just have ‘witch’ and ‘frost savage’ at sub-12. Irritating.

Lol re: being against ‘easier gaming.’ I know, I know! I decided it was ‘healthy’ to force myself to ‘waste LCs.’ So, pushed all my ‘Venomous’ sets to E-5. I’m not sure if it makes the game any ‘easier’… when the APR of your opponents just rises to match. D’oh.

And, like you @datguygamer, I’m a PS4 ‘guy’ right now… after being an ‘Xbox360’ for many, many years before the start of the next generation…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Since the event ended, my mastery table now looks like this:

8 8 9 8 8 –
    8 9 8 10 – –
    8 8 8 7 8 –
    8 8 8 9 8 –
    8 9 8 9 8 –

Next due level-ups:
    Druid 8 -> 9: 1109 to go
    Rainbird 8 -> 9: 3029 to go
    Tricksters 8 -> 9: 3360 to go

Step by step towards completion!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Crap, I accidentally purchased 500 mastery for all Chuck classes… I only clicked through the Snoutling offers as usual and I tapped once too often :(
    15 LC’s gone for just 2000 mastery… Hrm.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@smwforever45 Welcome to the club. I think everyone that uses or used the dojo frequently have done that mistake at least once.

Suzy
    @suzyq

I sympathize @smwforever45 I accidentally click on 75 LC’s the other day I wasn’t happy. I needed the LC’s more than the extra mastery really for the 5X.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Ouch. Having 75+ LCs on hand is dangerous in the Dojo. Back when I was still hitting the Dojo, I used the 3x or 5x to keep LCs under 75. Now, you can just buy some shards.

Still hit a few 15s by accident.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I need the LC’s for the remaining classes though. If I constantly stay under 75 LC’s I will never 100% the game. XD

@graugeist

How do you still hit 15’s when there’s no more mastery for you to obtain? :o

Btw, current table is as follows, there’s been quite a few rank-ups lately and there’s a few more to come soon, too:

8 – 8 – 9 – 8 – 8 – /
    9 – 9 – 9 – 10 – / – /
    8 – 9 – 9 – 7 – 8 – /
    8 – 8 – 8 – 9 – / – 8
    9 – 9 – 9 – 9 – / – 8

Today’s rank-ups:
    Marksmen (8 -> 9)
    Mage (8 -> 9)

Next to rank up:
    Guardian 8 -> 9: 975 to go
    Berserk 8 -> 9: 2685 to go
    Bard 7 -> 8: 3060 to go

Wizard 10 -> 11: 26797 to go
    Spies 9 -> 10: 7181 to go
    Paladin 8 -> 9: 4087 to go

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Sorry if it was unclear, but those accidental 15 LC buys occurred back when I was still buying mastery at the Dojo.

Also, I assume you’re farming the SRC with your arena team Wizard / Spies / Paladin, right?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 826 through 850 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.