Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 776 through 800 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

If you are going for a TH strategy, you could consider Lightning Bird. You will get 4 tries to reset the Boss timer, so that’s a 98.5% chance to reset him at least once before he attacks.

For lower-level play, I like Paladin for the constant healing as he hits.

I forgot about the Golden Chili – it’s worth it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@poptimus
    Your Paladin, Princess, P. Jones strategy finally did it for me. Was painfully slow because Paladin had lower health than P. Jones and my Paladin class has only Rank 6 but the strategy was clear. Use Paladin’s Protection on P. Jones and Counter-Attack on Red just before the zombie pig attacks, use the Rage Chili on Mathilda whenever the health goes too low and on Red whenever possible, keep the enemies focused on P. Jones with Mathilda. 33.908 points and 2 stars was my result but 3 stars wasn’t my primary aim for now :P, I’ll go back to that when I get better. Time to advance to Cave 13! Thank you so much!

@mvnla2

What’s your recommendations for earlier levels? Same as what @sailus suggested, Golden Fields-1? Or the earlier cave levels or just playing SRC and DPC normally until the bird classes are up to a decent rank?

I really do not want FB, even if it gave me a big advantage in the game (1 free LC per day and possibly some FB friends to borrow birds from)… I’m sure I can do it without, plus I disagree with many things in the Terms and Conditions of FB.

@graugeist

You mean 2 tries? You can attack once with the Blues which has a 65% chance and use Chuck’s secondary effect on the Blues to have them attack again for another 65% chance, which is an 87.75% chance in total.
    The Rage Chili on Chuck would give three tries when borrowing a pig, since the Blues would attack twice while the chili is in effect and they could attack a third time before or afterwards – resulting in a 95.7125% to reset the counter and I don’t see more than that unless you were lucky enough to get to borrow an additional TH from an FB friend or the Mighty Eagle.
    Do explain how you would make it 4 tries with just pig allies.

Anonymous

@smwforever45
    Glad it worked, despite red’s health being lower than p. Jones! Totally forgot about having to use his defensive spell early on, haha! At least it lasts three turns. And you would’ve had to use it on red himself anyway (to limit the zombie’s damage/healing) so it didn’t really slow you down anyway. It just happens to be a slow strategy in the first place, for fights with few/big enemies.

I’m pretty sure @graugeist was thinking the zombie pig’s attack charge was two turns rather than one.

As for farming, cobalt plateaus 9 is good for snouts until you can reliably get through SRC on auto play. Also, i actually find farming SRC for mastery to be a little over rated. I was doing it in the background while at work for a while, pretty religiously, and it only netted me about half the mastery that I was getting from regular dojo trips. Granted, that was all going to the three birds i wanted to prioritize, so it’s not at all worthless. I think once you get your birds up to level 9 or 10, it becomes less worthwhile. And obviously you can’t do it in the first place until they’re up to 7 or 8, so it’s a pretty small window!

Anonymous

@smwforever45
    To be clear, i like cobalt plateaus 9 because its three waves and there are pretty frequent wealthy rogues appearances.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Boss attacks are generally 3 turns, so you get 2 turns x 2 tries = 4 tries. If you only get the one turn, then yes, it’s only 2 tries total. Also, save the Chili to Stun.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@poptimus – auto-farming SRC is mostly for funding Dojo trips – the mastery from clearing it is a nice bonus. Basically, you never want to miss a Dojo buy, which means you need a decent pile of snouts. SRC provides those snouts in a consistent way. The fact that you can auto-farm it with nearly any team means you can add a little mastery while you farm. It’s not a lot, but when you’re staring down that last 150k per bird, every little bit helps!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@graugeist
    Unfortunately, the attack of Cave 12’s boss takes 2 turns to charge not 3. :(

I find it trouble to use the Chili on Blues while they’ve got Treasure Hunters equipped. If you use the Chili it’ll have a 100% chance to stun, yes (if the small pig is killed or inactive). But if you use the Blues’ normal attack there’s a 65% chance to save you the Chili for the next turn. It’s a question of gambling but I sometimes find it riskworthy.

@poptimus
    Ok, I’ll try that level for now then, auto-play shouldn’t be so stupid to mess such an easy level up :P
    My birds are mostly up to 7-8, with the exception of Bard, Paladin and TH, but it still doesn’t work, so I guess I’ll have to stick to the CP level for a bit.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

On a side note, it might come in handy especially for lower-level players if this huge island map was updated with a list of how frequently the Wealthy Rogue pops up in each level. I cannot confirm he pops up very often in Cobalt Plateaus-9 (not at all so far, actually), while he did appear on me twice at Golden Fields-1 in the same amount of tries, and he seems to be more common at South Beach-3 (and in an older topic someone said Winter Wonderland-2 and 4, too)… I know it’s tons of work but I’d be ready to do it since I have a lot of time on me right now anyway. How about 100 tries for each level and counting how many Wealthy Rogues appear per wave. If it’s way above average the level gets a Wealthy Rogue symbol to show that this is a good place that isn’t SRC or DPC to farm for Snoutlings.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Oh, sorry.

WRT Wealthy Rogue, it’s easier just to auto-farm SRC, than to hope for him to randomly appear. From experience, you can go a lot of times and not get him on South Beach, which is why I kept things simple and just focused on SRC.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@graugeist
    Well so far auto-play is still too stupid (or too weak) to auto-farm SRC which is why I came here in the first place.
    Manually playing SRC or DPC works for me, just not with all classes. I guess I just need to move my focus away from getting mastery at SRC and DPC to getting Snoutlings to exchange for mastery in the Dojo. Might just use the classes that definitely work. Wizard or Spies for tons of damage, Bard to stun and for weak healing, Capt’n or Tricksters to dispel Wizpig’s or the Mages’ useful effects, TH to have a chance to reset Wizpig’s counter.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Auto-play does a lot of stupid things – that’s why you need birds that are strong enough to deal with boneheaded plays. Your #1 priority for Mastery needs to be having snouts for Dojo, however you do that.

And yes, all of us who ground to 12 have gone through a period where SRC was harder because our birds and gear wasn’t as good. At some point, you’ll turn the corner, where you can auto-play and win 80%, 90+, 99% of the time.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Along with what others have mentioned, let me give you a small hint. Focus on unlocking classes first and then grind Star Reef Castle. Without some sort of proper setup, you’ll get annihilated on auto play.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    As I wrote somewhere else in the forum, I’d either need to spend €50 right now, or play daily for over a year, collect all the collectibles and not spend a single dime to get the LC’s needed to unlock the six classes I haven’t unlocked yet (Stone Guard, Illusionist, Witch, Thunderbird, Sea Dog and Skulkers), plus an additional month of waiting for the Golden Chili which I also do not own yet. To me it just makes more sense to get my first classes to 12 already (the Wizard and Spies are closest on my game) while I wait for so long to unlock the remaining classes one by one.

@graugeist

I just got the final Pretty Fruit Cake upgrade at the Lab, until Rovio fixes my issue with the Greater Pig Cherry Juice there’s no more offers for me there so I can completely focus on the Dojo now, and the occasional potion buy at McCool’s shop if I don’t happen to have the ingredients needed.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Quick update on my classes.
    Since I last wrote here my Treasure Hunters ranked up to 7, Berserk and Priestess went up to 8 each.
    So my table right now is
    8 7 8 6 7 –
    8 8 8 9 – –
    7 8 8 5 8 –
    7 8 8 8 – 7
    8 8 8 8 – 7
    My Bard is less than 1000 away from 6, after she is through I’ll give my very main priority to Paladin, Spies and Wizard as GrauGeist suggested. Paladin is 5.6k away from 7, Spies are 11.1k away from 9 and Wizard is 44.5k away from 10.
    Apart from buying whatever the Dojo has to offer, and using classes in this and that SRC or normal battle, I can’t really do anything to prioritise certain classes, so it’ll still be a few months… I’ll make sure to keep you updated :)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Your Bard is 2 Dojo buys away from 6, and you should stop playing her. Focus on Paladin / Wizard / Spies now, and you’ll have a stronger, better-rounded team. When your Wizard reaches 12, then you can re-evaluate which of Chuck’s classes you want to focus on. It will be OK to have Wizard 12 / Spies 11 / Paladin 10 and everything else as 8s and 9s — your Arena (and Cave!) team being strong will save you a lot of trouble. Mostly, just buy everything in the Dojo and farm SRC in the background.

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 definitely focus on the classes suggested by Grey Ghost, these will be the backbone of your team for a long time, offering ample in building viable teams. Get them high enough in Mastery and farming becomes a breeze, even when including lower/lesser classes. If you are playing SRC, just remember to include classes that give you needed advantages when facing WizPig at the end.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

so what i am going to do and suggest @smwforever45 to do is to get all existing classes to rank 12 first, buy one class at a time get all snout offers and then get new classes farm SRC and get them to rank 12

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

Hey mvnla2, longtime reader of yours… Though last time I read this thread it was a mere 4-5 pages long… I consider myself a regular Epic player and have the original classes up to 10 (mostly). Favorite classes are 11, but I can’t seem to catch up with mastery of Arena folks. Used to seem like everybody was at Mastery 10 but me, and now that I’m at Mastery 10 it seems like everybody is Mastery 12 but me. I spend at least 2 hours a day grinding and hit the dojo at least twice. Are there actually thousands of players grinding 8 hour days for months on end? I suspect the more likely scenario is a whole bunch of maxed out credit cards, haha

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I used to grind while watching TV or whatever, just auto-playing SRC on the side to get snouts. I would get at least 4 Dojo visits daily, typically 5 or 6. If you’re only getting 2 Dojo visits, that’s why you’re behind on Mastery.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@epicgrindr — I did not spend any real $ getting every class to rank 12. I started playing when Epic was released worldwide, and have been diligently farming SRC and other locations probably for almost 1.5 yrs (when this thread was started). Fortunately, I’m retired, so in general I’m able to run autopilot all day. I don’t pay close attention to what it’s doing, just check whenever convenient and restart. I also visited the Dojo 3 to 5 times a day. Getting from 10 to 12 was not fun.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@mvnla2 I think they should increase Mastery from 12 to 20 to make it a round figure. 12 just seems like a random number to max out on.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

People would quit. I would quit.

Pointless
    @pointless

Don’t even suggest that @datguygamer wow…I can’t imagine how much Mastery you’d need to bump up a level at those heights, not to mention how long that would take. The only people who’d benefit from M20 would be the cheaters and RW$ spenders. There really would be no purpose to it and yes, most of us would quit.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@graugeist
    Sure sure. It’s what I’m doing right now anyway. But my Priestess/Cannoneer/Marksmen strategy for DPC is pretty fun too. :P

@pointless

I actually went for Samurai as a substitute to Paladin when I didn’t have him yet (hence why Samurai was my first class to get the 8 mastery before Wizard and Spies overtook), after I got Paladin (it was the first Premium class I obtained) Red didn’t get any good weapons for a long time so it was better for me to use Mathilda. Red is still much weaker than the rest of my team… hoping to finally get a decent set item for him soon but I’m using him in SRC anyway because GrauGeist loves him and I trust GrauGeist to have a good strategy :P

@abcdefg

Buying more classes is a faraway objective for me right now anyway, for the next two, three months I won’t be able to get a new class since people tell me to get the Golden Chili first and then go for the Sea Dog and the Witch even though Skulkers would be cheaper. Two, three months is a long time and enough to get my first classes to 12.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Any mastery level above 10 have been 50 000 points to reach so that indicates that is the max limit that Rovio have for reaching the next level.

With that said I would not be 100% against them increasing the max mastery level for classes UNLESS it is increased to 20 all at the same time. Spread out the increases to 1-2 level increases per year, not more than that.

I do think that 12 is a good max level though so I would be just fine with Rovio just stopping here.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 776 through 800 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.