Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 726 through 750 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Don’t know what happened to my post; somehow I seem to have wiped it into oblivion.
    Illusionist and Witch are now rank 12, with only Frost Savage still at 10. I think I might get both Illusionist and Witch to 12 in ~5 days, which means that Frost Savage will also reach 12 in one glorious burst at the Dojo. And it will happen before the new class for the Blues!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Going into the Valentine’s Day event:
    11 11 12 12 11 12 Red
    12 12 12 12 10 10 Chuck
    11 12 12 12 12 9 Matty
    12 12 11 12 12 8 Bomb
    12 12 12 12 10 Blues

Add 6k/12k Mastery and most of those 11s become 12s, so I’m focused on my 9s & 10s.

Anonymous

Random mastery-related post that most probably won’t find interesting, but whatever:
    I started tracking mastery for each of my birds’ classes on January 5th. I’ve collected just over a million mastery points since then.
    – I (obviously) buy all Snoutling offers at the Dojo. I have not spent any LC at the dojo. This amounts to roughly 15,000 daily mastery, or 600,000 over the course of the 40 days I’ve been tracking it.
    – I am one of the lucky ones who is able to farm SRC on autoplay while at work. My phone sits next to me all day, and I don’t have anyone watching me that would care about the game being on, so… why not, right? This amounts to roughly 15,000 daily mastery too, which works out to ~350,000 since I’ve been tracking (I’ve been in the office 23 days, and some of those days my normal work routine has been interrupsted by meetings, etc. The other 17 days were weekends, a three day work trip, and a three day absence for a funeral.)
    – The remaining 50,000 came from the recent invasion event.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Whoot! Just got Witch to rank 12, which means I was able to get Frost Savage (my last non-12 class) to 12 as well. Took more than 100 offers, since Frost Savage was still 10!
    So that also means I will be able to get the new Blues class to 12 in one go (I think). I’ve still got 293,551 snoutlings.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Just checked, and it take ~33K snoutlings to get a new class to level 12.

Zybar
    @george-hoenninger

MVNLA2,

What do you mean by get the new blues to 12 in one go?

I have 247,000 snoutings and counting, but I can only use them in the Dojo every three hours.

I just got my Red-Paladin to level 12 today! :-)

This is my first to reach level 12.

Most of my classes are between level 7-10, so I have a long way to go. :-(

Outside of the events, I have been grinding on SRC.

George

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@george-hoenninger — The Dojo only offers upgrades for classes that aren’t at max. rank. When you have only 1 class not at max rank, the three possible options for the slots are:
    1) The class you still have left to rank-up
    2) 500 mastery for all of that birds classes
    3) 1000 mastery for all
    Therefore you always get a snoutling offer for the remaining class, and if you have enough snoutlings, you can get to rank 12 in one visit.
    So, I was able to get Frost Savage to 12 in same visit as I got Witch to 12, and I will be able to get the new Blues class to 12 in one visit also.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Boy is it a weird feeling: No visits to the Dojo, and no reason to farm SRC, since I have more than enough snoutlings and don’t need any mastery.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Tell me about it… this is the first event I’m not even fighting for the top 3 spots since I know I only have a single visit to Dojo to get my blues to 12 as I have all others at 12 already.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dragonofheart73 — Gee, and I hadn’t even gotten to that realization yet. I started the event thinking I would need the mastery awards from the final wheel, and now it doesn’t really matter.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

If you want to take a game-theory approach, by playing the event hard, even if you don’t need the mastery, you take up a 3-star slot that someone else could use. That prevents them from leveling up their birds so the Arena is just a bit easier. It’s marginally jerk-ish behavior.

And you can use the 1500 snoutlings to level up your non-set items. Plus you don’t have to worry about using any FE for re-spins. (If Rovio were smart, they would make the all-snoutling wheel for events give out different amounts of snoutlings in each wedge, so there would be a reason to respin.)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jamairoqui — !!! I’m not that devious, and I’m not playing the arena for competition right now anyway. I have plenty of snoutlings, what I need to level up set items is shards, which are difficult to come by.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

Shards are problematic. The only real way to get them is to play hard in the arena, but even then being sure you get 10 per week requires that you have a lot of FE to respin. FE are hard to come by as well, unless you have lots of FB friends. And who has friends if you are a big enough a-hole to take a 3-star slot just because you can?

Of course, if you had a lot of old set items from before, those gave 6 FE each when you traded them in, those give 6 shards each now. The new set items only give one shard when you trade them in.

It might be the only fun thing left in the game is to deprive one person three stars in an event. Schadenfreude baby!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jamairoqui — Do the number of shards on the wheel change when you get to higher leagues? I don’t remember any set items giving 6 shards.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

It’s been posted here a bit, but Diamond league wheels have a 10-shard slot, and then it decreases by 2 shards per level (I think) until Wood league gives out zero.

I had a few set items from before the ABE upgrade that were Level 45. They gave 6 FEs when you scrapped them. When the game switched from giving out shards instead of FEs for scrapped set items, the set items I had that were 6 FEs now give out 6 shards. (I mean the set equipment (e.g., dragon scale etc.), not the arena set items (e.g. blessed banner).)

Stupidly, I upgraded a few of them so the extra shard value is lost. But at least I saved a few and didn’t scrap them so they are now worth 6 shards each. I should cash them in before Rovio changes the game again.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The Diamond wheel gives 10 shards, and we’ve seen reports of lower leagues giving 6 shards. The only question is whether Wood gives 1 or 0 Shards.

Weapon Set Items give 1 or 6 shards base, depending on when you got them, and what level they are. I cashed in my obsolete 6 shard items a week ago, and am just banking them for the “right” Set item to appear. I was afraid that they’d be reduced from 6 down to 1.

Jewlsdeluxe
    @jewlsdeluxe

Hello,

Is the SRC the best place to use experience potion? I have about 75 potions and I’d like to use them where they will be most effective. Thank you!

Pointless
    @pointless

@jewlsdeluxe hate to answer a question with more questions, but where are you at in game progession? You are using these potions to level up to max 50, correct?

Jewlsdeluxe
    @jewlsdeluxe

@pointless No worries. Yes, I am level 50. I have some birds at level 10, but that’s it. It takes so many mastery points to level up that it is a bit frustrating. Than you!

Pointless
    @pointless

@jewlsdeluxe I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you are already at Level 50 the Experience Potions are useless to you. They only grant bonus to Experience (ie on your total level up to the current max cap of 50), nothing else. Mastery to bring each class up to a max of 12 has to be earned separately. See the work many others have contributed here to acertain the best way to do so for you (SRC is a very good choice).

Jewlsdeluxe
    @jewlsdeluxe

@pointless Oh, thank you. I thought those were for mastery for some reason. Well, if Rovio ever adds some levels I’m covered. That’s another way to increase my birds’ mastery. Thank you for your help!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

If you are Level 50, there is no benefit to you using Experience Potions. Instead, just hold the Experience Potions. If the level cap is raised from 50 to 55, then you can use them to more quickly raise your level.

Unfortunately, Experience does not drive Mastery, so you’re stuck grinding just like the rest of us.

Good luck!

Jewlsdeluxe
    @jewlsdeluxe

@graugeist Yes, thank you. I’ll hold on to them and wait for Rovio to increase the level cap. Thank you!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Prior to the Valentine’s event spin, I was at:
    12 12 12 12 11 12 Red
    12 12 12 12 11 10 Chuck
    12 12 12 12 12 10 Matty
    12 12 12 12 12 8 Bomb
    12 12 12 12 11 2 Blues

I bumped 8 classes during the past week, just from grinding SRC and Dojo buys, getting down to just 5+1 classes <M12. The reduced number of <M12 classes really helps concentrate the Dojo buys on the remaining classes.

While I’ve only had Treasure Hunter for a couple days, not a single offer in the Dojo. >.>

Post spin, Red is all 12 and TH bumped to M4. Not bad.
    ____

2/23 – I’ve been getting TH snout offers in the Dojo since yesterday (2/22). It’s fine.

dillo
    @dillo

I’ve mastered all Red and all Chuck, have only Witch Matty at 10, Frost Savage Bomb at 9 and TH at 5. Every remaining class is maxed out. Btw, getting snoutling offers now at the dojo for TH.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 726 through 750 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.