Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 676 through 700 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@atom — I am restarting manually every time, which is part of the reason I don’t get that much mastery per day from SRC. I believe that at least in the past, if you installed some sort of emulator on your computer, you could program it to restart automatically. This is discussed in some older threads (maybe even this one), but perhaps someone else will answer and tell you how it’s done. Doubt that you can do it on your iPhone, though.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

6 visits daily
    x 5 buys per visit
    x 500 per buy
    = 15k daily Dojo buys [2.1k snouts]

3 classes
    x 5k daily per bird
    = 15k daily SRC grinding

30k daily combined total

If someone is grinding 30k at SRC, that’s 10k per bird, and that seems a lot.

Zybar
    @george-hoenninger

I also play manually and I can’t always be there to start something right when the previous round finishes.

I try to get 6 visits to the Dojo a day.

I just wish I could choose which birds get the mastery instead of it being random.

Because of the random nature of the Dojo, I am finding it challenging to get the birds leveled up quickly.

Slightly off topic…

I have been trying to run my top team (Paladin 9, Rainbird 9, and Capt’N 8) on SRC in auto play mode, but my success rate is less than I was hoping for. I would say only 2/3 of time that team makes it through with no assistance from me. I would have thought a higher rate would be appropriate given the mastery level of the team.

Which leads to a few thoughts…

Because I don’t have sets (hoping to fix this partially next week on the 5x day), is that really impacting my ability to complete SRC more consistently?

Did I pick a bad team combination?

Should I try and progress a different team? I have all of the birds outside of a Red-Stone Guard and Chuck-Illusionist.

Thanks,

George

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Because I don’t have sets (hoping to fix this partially next week on the 5x day), is that really impacting my ability to complete SRC more consistently?

Yes, set items and full sets is a big part in surviving automated battles.

Did I pick a bad team combination?

No, that team is good.

Pointless
    @pointless

Echo that @george-hoenninger. You will find sets will make your farming much easier (even unenchanted).
    Out of curiosity, why Rainbird over Wizard? I find that RB is frustratingly inept run by the AI on auto as he spends most turns healing/cleansing, even when an attack will clear a stage. Wizard is IMHO Chuck’s best class and can be truly devastating in levels like SRC where multiple enemy waves are common. Add Twin Lightning to the mix and whole waves can be cleared (or nearly) with a critical proc (although to be fair, Rainbird with TL is also deadly)
    Not sure if Paladin provides enough healing for you (did for me)? If so, perhaps Rainbird is not the best choice for Mastery at first. A dispel class such as Capt’n is a must to debuff WizPig on the final wave, so that is definitely a good choice.

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

@george-hoenninger

I’ve always had trouble with rainbird and autoplay. The autoplay uses a fixed atack/heal/heal sequence for him, and doesn’t reset when starting a stage, nor does it realize that all your birds are 100% health and stop healing.

As for set items, they usually help, but maybe not as much as you’d like. For instance, rainbird with the twin lightning isn’t as good as you might think, due to the low number of attacks he gets (the 23% health bonus is great, though). For SRC, the best set items do group damage (to get by stage 4) or dispel (to get by wizpig).

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

@graugeist

I’m anal and kept track of my weekly progress. I was able to average about 20-25k/day while autoplaying SRC as much as possible. Towards the end, I upped my time, and was able get to 28k/day. These numbers are the average over a week (and tournaments were removed), so it may have been possible to go over 30k on a specific day, but you need to get lucky at the Dojo.

I also found that using LC’s to buy dojo advances to be the best use of LC’s to increase mastery. At one point, I had a spare 100 LC’s, and ended up buying 58k worth of mastery with it.

Zybar
    @george-hoenninger

@pointless

Not really sure why I picked Rainbird over Wizard…I think the healing/attack aspect just appealed to me and has been working well at the lower levels.

The combination of Rainbird’s and Paladin’s healing has usually been enough when I am playing. As you stated, the AI makes some questionable choices and that’s probably why this combo isn’t succeeding at a higher rate on SRC.

My wizard is at mastery level 7. I will need to see if the Paladin can provide enough healing if I were to play Paladin, Wizard, and Capt’N together.

George

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@cdrguy — @all — [Edit]: Please note that your chances of getting a lot of snoutling offers in the Dojo are better the fewer rank 12 classes you have. Not true! How could I forget? See p 19 – 20 of this thread.
    I decided to try buying extra turns at the Do19-20 with LC, since I now have a fair amount, though I’m mostly saving them for the 5X GPM rolls.
    I only spent 50 LC, but did get 39K in mastery, more per LC than you. I was a little surprised, since I have quite a few birds at 12 already, which lowers your chances for a snoutling upgrade rather than a LC upgrade. When I started, I already had 10 classes at 12. How many did you have?

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

@mvnla2

The probability of a snout dojo upgrade is constant. When down to 2-3 classes I was still averaging 6 snout buys per cycle (just getting 2-3 per remaining class). My weekly average was constant over the entire process, and I got all blues/bomb classes to 12 before others.

When I did my big buy, I had 10 level 12 birds. and was down to 18 remaining classes (red, chuck, and Matilda).

Pointless
    @pointless

@cdrguy I agree that, in my experience, snout dojo upgrades were constant. I never noticed a difference when I had very few 12s as opposed to the last stages when I had just three to upgrade, still approx 6 per visit (on a side note, when was the zero snout option introduced? Used to be at least one of the three was snout but that changed as I had a few times recently when all were LC…)
    And are you saying you had all Blues and Bomb at 12 before any class of any of the other three? Weird…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@cdrguy @pointless — I edited my post above, and you are both correct. Several of us spent a lot of time to prove the point, but I had forgotten the conclusion, because it was not what we originally expected. See p 19 -20 of this thread.

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

@pointless

No, I had all birds at Level 10, and then focused on Bomb/Blues to get them to 12. I hadn’t read all the posts in this thread, and assumed that having fewer LC class buys would increase the odds of getting snout updates for the remaining classes.

In the future, I’ll update the classes I use most, then try to even out the rest.

Zybar
    @george-hoenninger

@cdrguy

Besides playing them, is there a way to update specific classes instead of relying on the randomness of the Dojo?

George

Pointless
    @pointless

@cdrguy makes sense. I asked because all my Blues and Bomb (except Savage) classes were the first to max out at 12 despite the fact that I never to rarely use some of them. I took all available dojo snout purchases, regardless of class, as my goal was to max all classes to 12 anyways. Just thought maybe we were on to something having similar birds reach 12 before others. Oh well

@george-hoenninger
    the only way to have some choice in which classes you upgrade mastery (besides actually playing them) is from the reward wheel after an event. You could re-roll until you got the bonus for all of a desired bird’s classes. Not much unfortunately, but that’s as much “control” as you can get. Not that there’s an event imminent anyways (there is speculation that the new Blue’s class and mini-map will be coming in February however)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The Dojo is basically random, and you won’t have control over what it presents aside from removing choices by maxxing out birds.

You could re-spin event mastery, but your best bet is to simply push for a MAX ALL and call it a day.

And then it’s grinding. Normally, I just keep grinding my top 11s; however, I’ve temporarily stopped if <2000 from 12, anticipating that the new event will give 1,500+ mastery to ALL. My birds look like this now:

11 11 12 12 10 11 Red
    12 11 12 12 10 9 Chuck
    11 12 12 11 11 9 Matty
    11 12 11 12 12 6 Bomb
    12 12 12 12 10 Blues

14x M12 & 9x M11, expecting at few more bumping by the Villain event’s end.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Just finished the event and managed to get 1500 for all, red, and bomb. Now have
    12,12,12,12,11,12 red
    12,12,12,12,12,9 chuck
    12,12,11,12,12 blues
    12,12,12,12,12,8 bomb
    12,12,11,12,11,9 Matilda
    So I’m really doing pretty well except for Matilda, and the 3 new classes. Not sure why Matilda is so far behind. Maybe because I almost never use Princess, and even less often use Priestess.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

Auto reply SRC with priestess, cannoneer, marksmen can level up very fast.

Pointless
    @pointless

@mvnla2 did you grind the other classes? I only ask because all my Blues maxed at 12 before any other bird, followed closely by Bomb, and I never have used Marksman or Cannoneer/Beserker in any mastery awarding way. I get the randomness of the dojo, but these got to 12 before Samurai (which I use somewhat regularly), so it just seems out of the expected.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 I’m so envious… my birds are still 50% through M-11 (except the newer classes). I think Rovio’ll up the M-cap before I reach M-12 ALL. LOL!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@pointless — I’ve been grinding in SRC with whatever set is my highest priority ATM. I already had my favorite classes at rank 12 quite a while ago. I did do some grinding with the new classes, because they are fun to play with. However, a week or so before the last event, I started grinding with the classes that were closest to 12, stopping when they were ~2K away, figuring that between the Dojo and the event they would be leveled up. When you get to mostly level 12, the remaining birds level up faster in the Dojo, because there are fewer single bird possibilities. Since yesterday a couple of classes have leveled up to 12, so all I have left are Illusionist, Frost Savage, and 3 of Matilda’s classes.

Joey
    @joeyba

I need 9 classes still to reach 348 (the total number of classes so far)
    I’m missing the new class of Chuck (10 now), The new Matilda (9 now) and new Bomb (8 now)
    it’s still a long way to reach 12 for these!!
    in my SRC I’m using a combination of RED (12)- CHUCK (12) – NEW BOMB (8) but this seem so slow..

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@joeyba — Hi! LTNS! Have you tried using the combination of the 3 classes you need to level up? That’s what I’ve been doing. They won’t always beat WizPig, but they do about 50% of the time. I assume you are also religiously visiting the Dojo every 3 hours and buying anything available, which would be only the 3 you’re missing.

Joey
    @joeyba

@mvnla2 heyy yea ltns. Not coming to the forum lots but still crazy about epic and every 3 hours dojo stop for sure. I’m trying to do SRC as much as possible to save points and use them in dojo.
    The combination of the 3 classes I’m missing are not so strong in SRC and I’m losing facing wizard. So I guess not worth it in terms of farming ??

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’m currently running SRC on autoplay with Illusionist 9, Frost Savage 8, and Princess 11, but I do have good sets for all of them. Have also run with Witch 9. As I said, they don’t beat the Wizard all the time, but it is still a good place to get mastery.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 676 through 700 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.