Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 651 through 675 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • Zybar
    @george-hoenninger

Thanks for letting me know.

I thought was the case, but wasn’t sure.

George

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@george-hoenninger @atom — All your birds get the same amount as long as they are still alive, a bird doesn’t get any more mastery once it’s knocked out.

Atom
    @atom

That makes sense. I just don’t loose birds that often so I haven’t tested that aspect of it.

Anonymous

I only tried it once so far, but my team of Mage/7, Princess/8, and Cannonneer/7 just beat King Pig’s Castle on autoplay. Because of the way Ironclad and Dodge abilities work since the Christmas update, I’m thinking we have a new best mastery grind level. I’ll try it more today, and with different teams, and will report back. Pretty exciting if true, no?!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@poptimus — How much mastery do you get on the average? Mastery drops are random, so you might have gotten a lot on one run. Also, what are the changes in Ironclad and Dodge?

Anonymous

@mvnla2
    I haven’t been keeping track of the mastery on individual runs, but based on the charts in your main topic post at the beginning of this thread, shouldn’t KPC be the best to autoplay based on total possible, as well as the guaranteed double drop from King Pig?
    Ironclad pigs (which are found in a couple of waves in KPC) used to simply take zero damage if your bird didn’t do enough to get over whatever the pigs’ damage threshold was. Now, if you do less damage than the threshold, the Ironclad pig still takes half of the damage that would have been done to any other pig.
    For pigs with Dodge (like Prince Porky), it used to be that they would take zero damage if your bird did MORE damage than whatever the threshold was. Now, it simply caps the damage at the threshold. Believe it’s 607 for level 50 pigs.
    As stated in your main topic post, it used to be very difficult to pick a combination of birds that could reliably autoplay through KPC. Now it’s WAY easier. Further to my post from earlier this morning, I ran the same team another ten times and only lost once. I’ve also run ten times with Paladin/9, Druid/8 and Mage/7 and not lost at all!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

– KPC is best for straight mastery, but you don’t get as many snouts.
    – SRC gives slightly less mastery, but a lot more snouts.
    You need a bunch of snouts for the Dojo, and a few snouts for enchants. If you have at least X snouts banked (anywhere from 10k to 100k) on hand, then feel free to switch from SRC to KPC. Otherwise, farm SRC to build snouts.

In other news, a couple more hit 12:
    11 10 12 12 10 10 Red
    12 11 12 12 9 9 Chuck
    10 12 11* 11 11 8 Matty
    11 12 10 11* 12 5 Bomb
    11* 12 11 12 9 Blues
    10x M12, just grinding away.

Thing is, with the new enchants, mastery is largely obsolete. You get so much faster gains by enchanting, it’s not even funny. Nevertheless, I’m still grinding away at the 11s to reduce the number of hats I’m buying for at the Dojo.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@poptimus — Good point! But it doesn’t seem to work for all teams. One of the nice things about SRC is that it will work for most teams. Let me know how it goes for you.
    Just tried KPC with team I’ve been using on SRC: Samurai 11, Frost Savage 6, and Witch 8. Autoplay got stuck on the second level.
    Tried again with Witch 8, Frost Savage 6, Spies 12. Unfortunately I don’t need more mastery for Spies, but did need a healer. Did get through the end, but autoplay is really dumb with Witch in the last wave: Witch kept buffing herself, but never attacked. Left all attacking to Spies, who weren’t buffed. I got 84 pts. for Witch, which is kinda on the low end. Frost Savage did not make it through the last wave. Don’t think I’m going to try KPC multiple times, so back to SRC for me.

Anonymous

@graugeist @mvnla2
    After doing some more farming/research, I’m with you that SRC remains the mastery farm of choice. I plan to research further with more bird combos, but here’s my new evidence that supports your assertions, using Mage/7, Bard/7, Marksmen/7:
    – KPC takes roughly 5:30 to complete on autoplay
    – SRC takes roughly 3:30
    – based on charts in main topic post, KPC should yield roughly 72 mastery per bird, per run, while SRC should yield 49. On a per-minute basis, that makes SRC slightly better (14 vs. 13.2 for KPC).
    – my team didn’t finish KPC once in seven tries. Obviously would have to do a lot more runs to come up with a loss rate, but any non-zero loss rate makes it even less efficient, given the 0% rate we expect on SRC.

Anonymous

@graugeist @mvnla2
    Ha! As soon as I got done posting that, my team lost on SRC. Will run same experiment with higher powered team and report back.

Zybar
    @george-hoenninger

I am trying to get a bunch of different classes elevated as quickly as possible.

Right now I am focused on using Wizard (6), Druid (6), and Spies (7). This combo cruises through CPC, but unless I am manually running it, it won’t make it through SRC the majority of the time.

I haven’t used KPC much for farming…will give that a look.

George

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@george-hoenninger — I forget if you’ve said, but presumably you are also farming for snoutlings and religiously visiting the Dojo every 3 hrs and buying ALL mastery points that are offered.

Zybar
    @george-hoenninger

Absolutely trying to. :-)

George

Anonymous

@george-hoenninger
    I wouldn’t bother with KPC with that team. If it’s not making it through SRC, KPC would be worse.

@graugeist
    @mvnla2
    I’ve run some more experiments and continued to find that you’re right about SRC remaining the best mastery farm. There were a couple of combos I used where the mastery per minute was about equal between KPC and SRC, but given the Snouts differential, that’s not good enough to make KPC useful.
    It would become useful if a team was ever strong enough to cut down the run time to being closer to SRC (and if you had enough snouts not to be worried about running out).
    The only other caveat that would make KPC useful is if you’re running autoplay, but not as quickly as possible. What I mean is if you were in a situation where you couldn’t keep an eye on your game well enough to start the level again as soon as it was finished each time, then the per-minute numbers wouldn’t matter, and KPC’s higher mastery per-run rate would make it better (again, assuming you don’t need to farm snouts, and assuming your team is strong enough to actually beat the level without any of your birds dying).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

WRT “trying to get a bunch of different classes elevated as quickly as possible” – I think the better strategy is to pick a team of 3 birds and elevate just that team as high as possible, say level 10+, before going back to other birds. Having one really good team that you can depend on is better than having a bunch of mediocre stuff that doesn’t really do anything particularly well. Sure, you lose the flexibility, but you can always work on others later. In my case, I started with a blunt hammer: Wizard, Spies & Sea Dog. Others focused on Venomous.

As more birds hit 10, 11, 12, it’s clear that I need to plan my next LC spend around Rainbow Riot 5x. I’m running into difficulty against heavy enchants that bird level simply doesn’t compensate for.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

FWIW, a few more birds leveled:
    11 10 12 12 10 11 Red
    12 11 12 12 10 9 Chuck
    10 12 11 11 11 8 Matty
    11 12 10 11 12 6 Bomb
    12 12 11 12 10 Blues

11x M12 & 9x M11, but it’s a little satisfying that all of my original 25 classes are M10+, with only the event classes being <M10.

Zybar
    @george-hoenninger

Thanks for the advice.

I will focus on raising my top team to higher levels and let the others catch up as it happens.

My top team consists of these four birds:

Red: Paladin – Level 9 (no sets)
    Chuck: Rainbird – Level 9 (no sets)
    Bomb: Capt’n – Level 8 (Pickpocket set)
    Blues: Spies – Level 8 (no sets)

I have around 850 LC’s and plan on using a bunch when we get to the 5x rainbow riot next week. Hopefully that will net me some nice sets.

George

Pointless
    @pointless

@george-hoenninger you are level 50, so now is the time for (A)GPM 5x to hopefully snag some sets. That should make SRC significantly easier to autoplay.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’ve been farming SRC and buying all the offers I get at the Dojo, but boy is it a grind. I was hoping that I might get all the old classes close enough to 12, that I would be able to rapidly level up the new ones as soon as the next event finished. Ha!
    This is what I currently have:
    11 11 12 12 11 11 red
    11 11 12 12 11 9 Chuck
    11 12 11 12 12 Blues
    11 11 11 11 12 7 Bomb
    11 12 11 12 11 8 Matilda
    Doesn’t look so bad, but I’ve got ~250,000 mastery pts to get the remaining 20 classes to the next rank, and that includes the new birds. I do have enough snoutlings to get them all right now, but the Dojo does take a lot of time.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

I had reached the rank 12 for all the classes before the event for the new class of Matilda ends. And without using LC.

My technique:

– Dojo every 3 hours
    – Farming the SRC all day long, as far as possible

I set between 50k and 60k a day.
    Last tip : establish a follow-up (on Excel for example) and at the end of every day, update your data to constitute your team of the next day.

Never play with the bird needing the biggest quantity of mastery. Why ?
    Because if you rise all the others (more quickly because need at least), the last bird will appear to the infinity in the dojo.

Conclusion : leave a bird with all its classes with the level 10 (he will rise only with the dojo just a little). And when there will be only he, you can end it only thanks to the Dojo.

50k of mastery = 15k of snouthlings. It is a small price to pay for a player who farme the SRC (I am close 1.000.000 of snouthlings, but you should not exceed them otherwise the game deletes them to you… Rovio…).

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

I’m almost there to the max…

11 11 12 12 11 11 – red
    12 11 11 12 12 11 – chuck
    12 12 12 12 12 9 – matalida
    11 12 11 12 12 6 – bomb
    12 12 12 12 12 x – blues

The 11’s are less than 6k so they should be “leveled” by the time when Blues event comes out.

What I do:
    buy at Dojos every 3 hours (when possible)
    grind at SRC all day (if possible)

kinda hard when you got a family and have to work… thank goodness my birds can autoplay in SRC with any combinations.

Zybar
    @george-hoenninger

How can you possibly get that much mastery in a day?

I am playing most of the day and going to the Dojo almost every three hours and getting nowhere close to 50k in mastery a day.

What am I doing wrong?

I am playing either SRC or CPC depending on the team. When not playing these two, I am spending time advancing in the Caves.

George

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@grimmjow — I agree with @george-hoenninger that 50K of mastery per day is a LOT. I have several problems with attaining this amount:
    * I play golf, which eliminates the possibility of Dojo visits for maybe 7 hrs on those days.
    * I get a good night’s sleep
    * I tend to go on vacations or weekend trips where internet connection is non-existent for long periods of time and/or you are otherwise occupied.

Pointless
    @pointless

I think 50-60K regardless of outside commitments is a lot. Considering an average of ~6 Snout purchases per dojo visit, even granting the max 8 visits you are still looking at ~25K from purchases (assuming no LC). That leaves 25-35K from grinding SRC??? What are we missing here?

Permit a little gloating as I just (and finally) got Witch to 12 and then spent a thankless 10 minutes bringing Savage up from 9 to 12, so I am done! At least until Blues event, but that will be just another single tedious dojo visit, as the new one will be the only class to upgrade Mastery

Atom
    @atom

I see people say they play SRC all day. Is there a way to have it auto-restart or are you sitting there hitting restart every time? (I play an iPhone).

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 651 through 675 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.