Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 576 through 600 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Overall, your birds are better, as I still have a bunch of 9s that are basically useless; however, my 12s are awesome. I have a bunch of 10s that I’ll grind to 11, and then switch on getting a few more birds up to 12 for when Blues gets their last class.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist Hey, mate, the only reason my birds – on average – have slightly more mastery that yours is because I don’t have any of the LC purchasable classes: so, no Paladin, Thunderbird, Bard, Sea Dog or Skulkers. Lol. I’d trade in five of my “damn, I NEVER use these classes” L-10s for ONE Sea Dog… or perhaps Thunderbird… because I always miss that damn arena objective! :-D

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Wow, you’re really handicapping yourself there. I’d think you’d at least have gotten Sea Dog & T-Bird before the last few 6k events – there’s like 25-30k of free mastery that you missed. What are you doing with your LCs?

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist I know, I know… unimaginably stupid, eh? It’s hard to explain without making myself sound rather unhinged. Short answer: I have not spent and RW$ on this game… so all 1543 of my LCs have been slowly accrued since the game’s launch date. Obviously, I have spent a couple of hundred LCs here and there… on this and that (not always intelligently). Long answer: my semi-chilled “don’t spend ANY LCs on anything that isn’t absolutely vital” tendency gradually morphed into an overriding and illogical compulsion – and now I can’t bring myself to spend any LCs on anything! So, basically, I abstracted my “short-sighted idiocy” into a “how well I can do in the game/arena” without the LC purchasable classes type “challenge.” So, yeah, talk about a pathetic rationalization! See, I told you… crazy person!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OK, yeah, that’s a little insane. There’s no reason to play “hard mode” when you don’t get anything for it – it’s not like you get a bonus based on how many LCs are unused. Given that you’ve already spent some LCs, and not having those classes is hurting your gameplay, you might as well bite the bullet and buy ALL the remaining classes – at least those classes will help you with the rest of the game.

FWIW, I have 3x 12s + 6x 11s without FB or $$$, but only 100 LCs saved. I don’t think I’ll have much rankup from the event, but that’s OK.
    ____

After Under Cover of Night, Witch bumped to 6:

10 9 11 11 9 9 Red
    11 10 11 12 8 8 Chuck
    9 10 10 10 10 6 Matty
    10 10 9 10 12 Bomb
    11 11 10 12 9 Blues

I’m working on getting Druid for Venomous 11, then the big pushes for Paladin, Archmage & Rogues to 12.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist It is insane, granted; but the damage is done. My current plan is to get all my classes to M-12, buy Sea Dog, and then use the ‘maxed out dojo’ to (snoutling) purchase said class from M-1 to M-12. If I have time – i.e. if I can manage (it) before Rovio raises the M-cap or introduces a new class – I’ll rinse and repeat for Thunderbird. Sure, it’s an ass-backwards was of doing things, but I did it to myself. Lol. Time to pay the piper.

Your M-progression is ticking along really nicely! Now I’ve got ‘Venomous’ to M-11, I’m focusing on pushing all my other classes up to M-11 (ex. Witch and Illusionist). Slow and steady! A bunch of my classes are SO CLOSE to M-11 it’s crazy. I think they’ll all tip over within a couple of days of each other!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The thing is, we all know that Rovio is going to do another class event with a 6k ALL wheel at the end of the month, because we’ve seen the new class. And then there will be another one after that to finish off all 5 birds. So I expect a bunch of extra mastery for each bird when that’s done. Knowing that the class(es) are coming, why wouldn’t at least buy them right before you spin?

My birds are coming along slowly, and I’m counting on those class events to take a bunch of them over to the next level. I’ve got 3 classes maxxed, so I should be seeing advantages in the Dojo, right? Nope. I’m still getting only 2 or 3 Dojo offers before it goes all gold. With 3 new classes added, me maxxing 3 brings me right back to where I was before!

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

…because we’ve seen the new class…

We have? O_o

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

They’re not going to do new classes for just 3 of 5 birds. They’ll do 5 of 5.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Yeah we know they will add new classes for all the birds (Rovio have officially said so themselves) but have we actually SEEN the new class for the next bird yet?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The bird itself? No, just that Rovio said the new classes are coming.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Oh good. I thought I had missed something :-)

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist *** Insanity Alert *** Your logic is faultless, mate, without doubt. But remember… I’m compulsive. Lol. I figure that, at some point, perhaps after the introduction of ‘the final two (classes)’ that you’ve mentioned, the run will end… and there’ll be another period of relative calm. At this point, hopefully, all my birds will be M-12, and that’ll allow me to (snoutling) purchase them – the LC purchasables – straight from M-1 to M-12 in one hit. 6000K of mastery is only 12x buys in the Dojo, no biggie (I’ve got an ridiculous amount of snoutlings). Anyway, as I’ve said before, my ‘decision making’ – Lol – isn’t governed by logic. It’s like… I’ve gone so long without them… there’s some kind of perverse pleasure in stalling. You nailed it: ‘a little insane.’ I’ll own it. :-D *** edit *** I just visited the Dojo before going to bed… 13x 550 mastery! Nice!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OK, got it.

I’m an efficiency guy, so for me, I’m just maximizing the payoff. If you consider that it’ll have been 5x 6k events and 10x 1.5k events, that adds up to something like 80,000+ per class, 2,000,000+ total “free” mastery across 25+ classes!

Now, sure, it’s only 80k, but that’s most of the way from 10 to 12…

burbman
    @burbman

I would be more concerned that Rovio ups the max mastery again with either the Christmas Event, or the Event that will offer the next class for the Blues. I hit SRC HARD, and spent any LC’s I had on resetting the Dojo timer to bring all classes up to 12 over the course of two months. If they up the Mastery two more levels anytime soon, we could be looking at ~3.5M mastery points needed, which would keep us all playing for a long time.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

At the end of the month, Arena resets to a new season, so bumping mastery won’t be necessary with everybody trying to get to Diamond by the end of Feb.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

So here’s what I have so far:
    Rank 12 birds:
    Paladin
    Sea Dog
    Bard
    Rank 11:
    Samurai
    Stone Guard
    Lightning Bird
    Rainbird
    Wizard
    Thunderbird
    Tricksters
    Rogues
    Spies
    Pirate
    Cannoneer
    Berserker
    Capt’n
    Druid
    Rank 7:
    Illusionist
    Rank 6:
    Witch
    Everything else is 10
    Wizard is the only one close to 12
    I am farming SRC and visiting the Dojo, as time permits, but not spending LC. At least I have my favorite team for non-Arena levels at 12. Not sure I’m going to play the arena again, but would like to get the venomous team to 12, and also a team for fighting Ninjas.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 Your spread is looking good, MV. Solid. You’re over the arena!?

Chang Yih Toh
    @chang-yih-toh

Mastery ranks:
    Knight – 7
    Guardian – 7
    Samurai – 7
    Avenger – 5
    Mage – 6
    Lightning Bird – 7
    Rainbird – 6
    Wizard – 7
    Cleric – 6
    Druid – 6
    Princess – 5
    Priestess – 4
    Pirate – 6
    Cannoneer – 5
    Berserker – 7
    Captain – 5
    Tricksters – 6
    Rogues – 6
    Marksmen – 1
    Spies – 7

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@chang-yih-toh – looking at your birds, it seems like you’re not really farming SRC – you should have been able to buy more mastery than what you have. Also, it looks like you are missing Sea Dog & Paladin, which you should have been saving your LCs for. Were you not playing the events? I don’t see Stone Guard, Illusionist or Witch, either. Still, you got Marksman, so that’s good! Also that your Spies and Wizard are among your stronger birds, so that’s also good.

Recommendations:
    1. Farm SRC to buy every upgrade at the Dojo.
    2. Save your LCs for Paladin & Sea Dog.
    3. Play the next Bomb event diligently to get the extra class.

Good luck!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde — I’m not sure I’ll play the arena again. I stopped because we were on vacation without much internet access for 2 week during the current season. However, even without the arena, I spend way to much time on AB, since I play most of the games.

Chang Yih Toh
    @chang-yih-toh

@graugeist Maybe I will try to save the Lucky Coins for Paladin and Sea Dog

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 Yes, I recall reading about your (then) imminent vacation. BTW I sincerely hope you had a wonderful time! I know what you mean about AB… even though I only play Epic. I spend at least 90 minutes a day on it, urgh. Ain’t nobody got time for that! :-D

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Druid 11 makes for Venomous 11!

10 10 11 11 9 10 Red
    11 10 11 12 8 8 Chuck
    9 11 10 10 10 6 Matty
    10 11 9 10 12 Bomb
    11 11 10 12 9 Blues

3x M12 & 8x M11.

I’m working on getting Paladin, Archmage & Rogues to M12.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist Congrats on obtaining Venomous 11-11-11. Super useful. I’m on all-11s save for Illusionist and Witch. It’s going to be awhile until any of my birds reach L-12. D’oh! Of course, SRC grinding my Venomous team to up 12-12-12 is my number 1 priority.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 576 through 600 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.