Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 551 through 575 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • Bubbley
    @bubbley

I have been using autoplay to collect mastery since 2 September. I play SRC which currently gives 62 points per bird for completing the battle. King pigs castle is giving 48 per bird. My birds are level 50, points gained may be level dependant I am not sure.

I also play the 10 wave battles in cave 9. On autoplay you play more pigs than necessary and I get between 120 and 150 points per bird per battle.

I visit the dojo between 4 and 6 times a day.

I currently have 7 rank 11 birds four of which gained 12k from the last event. At the end of the next event I should have 2 rank 12 birds.

All this while I am doing something else. Autoplay is a valuable way to gain mastery.

Edit: sorry mountain pigs castle not king pig.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

What birds are you autoplaying in Cave 9? At level 50, those pigs hit pretty hard.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@graugeist several different teams: rain bird Druid skulkers, Paladin any Matilda Rogues, any chuck except thunderbird ( because the game freezes for me) cleric cannoneer. I haven’t tried other bombs yet but captain doesn’t work because he spends all his time buffing on auto play.

Captain does work well in SRC with samurai and thunder bird.

Paladin wizard work well with anything in the caves except TB and Capt. They work with anything in SRC.

Essentially you need to heal in the cave. In SRC it helps to have something which dispels.
    Hope this helps.

Edit forgot to mention Princess can be difficult in the caves she works but you keep an eye which I don’t want to do. Also Spies works with most combinations in the cave.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Thanks! I’ve been (slowly) clearing caves with Chuck (Wizard & Time Jump) and Bomb (Scissors)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@graugeist I completed the first 11 caves using wizard with twin lightening (I didn’t have time jump) and spies with ballister. Just 2 birds with occasional help from McCool and Pigianna. Only if fighting ninja did I change to Druid and rain bird.

sdjhfbsjhdrbv
    @nlerik

recently i reached lvl 50 and gained legendaries and now i am able to auto play SRC with my strongest team (paladin, princess and capt’n).
    but i was wondering something: is there a “must-have” class you should level first? i.e. “you should first focus on class X for reason Y”?
    my classes are mostly still around rank 6-7 so it wont be easy. but it would be smart to level classes that are strong enough to help rank up other classes later on.

what are your thoughts about this?

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

@nlerik These classes can be upgraded first:

1. Samurai
    This class is very important in caves, especially ninja battles. However, it’s a
    pity that it’s defend only lasts 1 turn, and it can’t heal, either.
    2. Paladin
    Nothing to say, this class has all attack, heal, and defense abilities. Don’t you
    like it?
    3. Rainbird
    Its usefulness is its healing, which can almost replace Druid’s. But normally Chuck
    has the lowest health among the flock, so increasing Chuck’s health is quite important
    when you use it.
    4. Druid
    There are two reasons why Druid is better than Rainbird: 1. It’s poison deals more damage than Rainbird to a single target. 2. Matilda’s health is normally higher than Chuck’s, so you don’t have to worry about its health.
    5. Pirate, Capt’n and Sea Dog
    These classes deals very high damage to a single target. Pirate and Capt’n give boosts to the allies, while Sea Dog attacks multiply times in one turn.
    6. All of Blues’ classes
    All of them are unique. If you can’t find a special third bird that fits what you need, don’t worry, Blues may be your first choice, because all of their classes can fit different situations, even if their attack won’t work in certain levels.

All of the classes above might not be the best class you need, if you have different thoughts about which to upgrade first, share with the nesters, please.

sdjhfbsjhdrbv
    @nlerik

@kenhsieh i presume the order is irrelevant?

nonetheless, interesting list. Personally i have only reached cave 10 so so far so i wouldn’t know which class is better in certain situations. mostly i got boosted by other players’ birds anyway.

but to comment on your list:
    i agree with pirate, capt’n and sea dog. single target they deal the most damage. Same with paladin. once i finished the game i immediately went for the paladin because of the reasons you listed.
    Personally i don’t really like rainbird because it is so weak. it has good healing and great AoE DoT, but it can only take a few hits before it gets knocked out. from that perspective i personally would choose the wizard first of any of chucks classes but that is why i asked this question. im curious is what others think.
    how do others find druid compared to princess (Red is somewhat mandatory with her). In my case, princess was simply stronger and i was leveling my paladin as well. by the end of it all those 2 had the highest mastery to start auto-playing.

what strategy do others use when it comes to leveling classes? do you stick to a certain group and farm mastery up to a certain level or varied it here and there to keep them equally (or nearly) as strong as other classes?

burbman
    @burbman

When raising mastery, I concentrate on the classes that I personally use most often either in the Arena, Caves, or for general play. Once those classes have hit max mastery level, start playing with some alternate headgear for the same birds. Best plan is to grind with the birds that only have five headgear classes (while they still exist). Once I got down to just red and chuck classes, I found it hard to keep my snoutling count up high enough to keep up with dojo offerings I was receiving. Visit the dojo every three hours like clockwork and only use snoutling upgrades. Through grinding and the dojo, I was able to earn approx. 150,000 mastery points per week across my entire lineup, which will get the whole flock up to level 8 or so pretty quickly 9-12 is a long slog.

If you decide to use LC on mastery, DO NOT use either the 15 or 75 LC upgrade options, rather use 5LC at a time to reset the timer, then purchase all the snoutling offerings received. On average, this approach yields approx. 2x the mastery per LC as the 75 coin option, and 4x the 15 coin option.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I agree with @burbman. The birds you use most often should be your first choice. I have just completed auto play of all bird classes except Illusionist using SRC and 10 wave battles in Cave 9. I have raised them all from rank 10 to 12. I actually had no difficulty maintains snouts to purchase from the Dojo but I only visited on average 5 times a day.

Some things I have observed which may be of use:

Of Matilda’s Class only Cleric and Bard buff and therefore are most beneficial if you require a healer. Princess and Druid only heal if enraged. Priestess only ever links with one other bird.

Other birds which do not buff are: Mage, Wizard, Cannoneer, Beserker, Rogues and Marksman.

In SRC Pirate, Captain and Tricksters buff once per wave. Avenger and Stone Guard buff far too often so I left them to last hoping the Dojo would do most of the work, which it did.

This was the most boring task I have ever undertaken even though I was doing other things at the time. However my mission was to master Illusionist for snouts which I have.

Good luck to you all who are still at it and hang on to your sanity.

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley Kudos! I’ve been atrociously lazy since the m-cap update… and haven’t yet ground a single one of my classes to m-11. You’ve inspired me to ‘suck it up’ and get cracking! SRC here I come!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde Thanks. The Dojo becomes more and more useful as you eliminate birds even better when whole sets go.

@nlerik That is your strongest team for SRC? That is good, I don’t even know how to use the princess.
    I am curious though, why use the princess when you have the paladin to heal? I usually use the paladin (with primal axe and titangrip), the bard with sweet set (damage is second to none) and the wizard (lightning set). Though I wish I had the dragon set, the primal-titan combo I have works fine. The sweet set ups the paladin’s healing and therefore the bard just becomes an attacking class.
    How do you use your team to beat SRC? My princess is weak which may explain why I have never been able to use it.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I have my primary team of Wizard / Sea Dog / Spies at level 11:

9 9 10 10 9 9 Red
    10 9 10 11 8 7 Chuck
    9 10 10 10 9 _ Matty
    9 10 9 10 11 Bomb
    10 10 9 11 8 Blues

Those are the 3 classes I grind in SRC, and it’s only 8k to get Wizard to 12, vs 20k for Spies and 30k for Sea Dog. Once those hit 12, Arena should be a lot easier.

Chang Yih Toh
    @chang-yih-toh

Red: 6 (Knight), 6 (Guardian), 6 (Samurai) and 1 (Avenger)
    Chuck: 6 (Mage), 6 (Lightning Bird), 5 (Rainbird) and 6 (Wizard)
    Matilda: 5 (Cleric), 5 (Druid), 5 (Princess) and 1 (Priestess)
    Bomb: 5 (Pirate), 5 (Cannoneer), 6 (Berserker) and 5 (Captain)
    The blues: 5 (Tricksters), 5 (Rogues) and 6 (Spies)
    Do not have Marksmen, Skulkers, Paladin, Stone Guard, Illusionist, Thunderbird, Bard and Sea Dog.

sdjhfbsjhdrbv
    @nlerik

@chrish15 The reason that its my strongest team is because they have the highest mastery and have legendary items. The princess only heals once or twice with the chili. I might be able to go with cleric if it reaches a bit higher mastery, i haven’t tried it out yet. But it probable gives me more survivability, though the damage is a bit lower.
    I cant really say how it works, Red simply has allot of HP and doesn’t die easily, once he reaches low HP and princess attacks again, it switches main target so that Red wont take any damage anymore. Now that i think of it, it simply redirects the damage once a bird gets low.

If a class is weak (low mastery or no legendary) then it becomes difficult. When my birds were at mastery level 5-6 i could not auto play it. I only had 1 legendary at the time. Now my birds are mastery level 7 (started at 6) with each 1 legendary. This helped out allot with survival or because their damage was high enough to kill pigs.

All in all, princess for me is like your bard. It simply attacks and occasional chili-heals. the rest of the healing comes from paladin class and for Bomb from the punching glove (scissor set).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

After a LOT of SRC grinding last night, I pushed Wizard up to 12.

And yes, Arena is clearly easier with the added health and attack.

Now, just need to get Sea Dog and Spies up to 12…
    ____

ETA – working on bumping Archmage to 11 ATM, as I need him for the Defensive KOs in Arena way more than I need Rainbird for Venom.

planetbear
    @oobear

I tried KPC grinding in 1.3. Here are the data of 10 times grinding:
    Total mastery 644, average 64.4, min 42, max 91.
    Snouting are far less than SRC.
    I think SRC is still the best after recent update.

During grinding, I found auto-play improved, Paladin get more offensive than buff other bird every turn on Knight pig.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

With the 6k Mastery bumps from Halloween, and a little more farming, I finally have an all-12 Wiz / SeaDog / Spies Arena team.

Currently at:
    9 9 10 11 9 9 Red
    10 10 10 12 8 7 Chuck
    9 10 10 10 9 4 Matty
    9 10 9 10 12 Bomb
    10 10 10 12 8 Blues

Still a lot of farming to go, but it’s definitely easier when you outclass the enemy birds.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist Me too… I’m grinding like crazy to get my ‘Venomous’ team up to R-11. So close after the 6000/6000/6000:ALL Halloween rewards! I’m only a couple of thousand mastery points away… aarrgghh!!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

2000 mastery can be ground out in pretty short order, esp if you get a friendly Dojo buy or two. :)

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist Here’s hoping, mate!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I just ground out 2000 to bring Blue’s Rogues to 11:

9 9 10 11 9 9 Red
    11 10 10 12 8 8 Chuck
    9 10 10 10 10 5 Matty
    10 10 9 10 12 Bomb
    10 11 10 12 9 Blues

With the new event giving 1500+ Mastery this weekend, I should see a few others hit 11 in short order.

BINH
    @binh

I’ve just finished mastering every class up to 12 today. Now i can stay away ABE for a while until the new bomb’s class event

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist I’ve been smashing SRC and CC-9-10xwaves too… plus hitting the dojo 4x per day. Got Rainbird-11, Rogues-11, Druid-11, Samurai-11, Spies-11, Stone Guard-11, Wizard-11… all the rest are 10 and 95% of the way to 11. Oh, except Illusionist-6 and Witch-5.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 551 through 575 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.