Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 526 through 550 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • KillerKea
    @killerkea

@satanicoo Yes, you lose them. Also classes you don’t yet own will not receive those points when you buy them later. They also won’t receive points that you may get from the current event so buy the headsets before the event ends if you want to take advantage of the mastery points for birds because you will miss out on as much as 12,000 mastery for each headset you don’t own if you don’t.

sata
    @satanicoo

Thanks for the answers.
    The reason i’m using LC is, i have all the classes, so the 75LC gives me 25k mastery points, or a total of 1666 mastery points per 5 LC.
    That means for skipping the 3 hour wait to get the next page to buy masteries on the dojo, i need to get at least 4 snoutlings purchase for it to be an advantage, and i have to farm the snoutlings.
    Learned from this thread that theres more than 6 snoutlings purchases on average, so i understant its better to but the mastery trough the snoutling purchases. Still have to farm the coins wich can be time consuming :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@satanicoo — Most of us don’t want to spend real money on LC. Farming for mastery and snoutlings isn’t that bad if you do it on autoplay (see main post). Good Luck!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2 There are a few things you may want to add to the guide on page 1 since most people aren’t going to read what’s after it.

1. Discount table
    Discount = 15% + the following
    +0.75% for every stamp up to 20
    +0.50% for stamps between 21-30
    +0.25% for stamps between 31-40

It is capped at 30% or 70 snoutlings

2. The trick for upgrading birds from rank 1 to 10 by buying the 274 upgrades all at once at 70 snoutlings the cost is 19,180. Once I get the Stone Guardian I will have gotten over 700 consecutive upgrades without having to wait the 3 hours.

3. Mastery from events – The amounts vary a lot, but we’ve all benefited immensely from events. Nearly all my birds have gotten 20k+ from events.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Let’s keep this on p. 1 for a while.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@alugia — [Edit] Thanks for wanting to help. However, I think you didn’t understand Dr. Ishmael’s tables. I think you just added up the numbers in Dr. Ishmael’s table on page 1, correct? His second table “cumulate” is the cumulative sum of the numbers in his first table. That’s why your “potential” numbers are the same as his final cumulative numbers. The numbers you are calling cumulative don’t really mean anything. I think the same is true for what you are calling the average. For example, for Cobalt, Dr. Ishmael’s 3rd table says that if you clear all 5 waves, the average per wave is 29.4, so the average for the whole castle would be 5 x 29.4 = 147 (which is the cumulative number for 5 waves at Cobalt).
    I think his analysis is quite thorough. If you want more details, they are probably somewhere in the other 22 pages of this thread.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2

Dr ishmael has been absent for just a few months and you have forgotten his name!
    Dr Omega sits behind the news desk.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@alugia — They weren’t confusing to me. Perhaps you don’t understand what cumulative means.
    For Cobalt Pigs Castle:
    The potential points for each round are
    49 35 21 28 14
    The cumulative points are
    49 84 = 49 + 35 105 = 84 + 21 133 = 105 + 28 147 = 133 + 14
    This definition of cumulative is the standard one, as far as I know.

auressaion
    @auressaion

Bump. The first post of this thread is *very* interesting, many thanks for that!

Latest update (“Sonic” event) pushed the Mastery level higher, up to level 12 according to the description that is found on the Play Store.
    Levelling from 10 to 11 is 50k Mastery; don’t know how much it takes to go from 11 to 12 – I assume it is 50k more as 10-to-11 is the same as 9-to-10. To be confirmed.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

It’s 50k for 11 to 12.
    SRC is always the best way for up mastery ?

@mvnla2

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@grimmJow = A day or two ago, I think someone (possibly @Burbman) mentioned that Star Reef Castle was still the best, but I don’t know if anyone has checked them all.

burbman
    @burbman

I am more concerned right now with accumulating the nearly 400k snoutlings that will be needed to purchase mastery in the dojo. Mastery gained by fighting battles is pretty minor when compared to Events and Dojo. For my purposes, SRC with a class of bomb equipped with the pickpocket set works just fine, as I can autoplay it when I do not have the ability to concentrate on my phone.

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

@burbman — Don’t discount the mastery gained by SRC. It may be small, but it adds up.

When I was heavily farming for mastery (February, and now again), I was getting about 22k/day, with about a 40/60 split between Dojo and SRC. For reference, I was running SRC about 8 hours/day.

Last time, I went for the “soft glide” approach, trying to have all birds level up at the same point. This time, I’m not farming one type (Red), so that I can just purchase mastery when I’m down to a single bird (since you only have 2 gold spaces in the Dojo). Running SRC with Guardian, Knight, and Avenger was just too painful last time, and now I have to add Stone Guard to the mix. However, since Chuck will require so much more mastery, I may have to start farming with Red anyways.

burbman
    @burbman

@cdrguy – certainly not discounting the mastery I pick up along the way. My primary goal right now is to bank enough snoutlings that I will be able to buy the mastery I need at the dojo. As I earn mastery through battles and events, that amount will decline faster than I actually spend my snouts. As of this morning, I would need 341,600 Snouts to purchase all mastery needed for all 27 bird classes, of which I have 51,634 currently banked. At some point those two numbers are going to match up, and I can concentrate on battles that pay out more in mastery than in snouts such as King Pig Castle.

Last time I also went for the soft glide approach, grinding with my lowest mastery bird team at any given time. This time I have decided to concentrate my efforts on the four classes that I use the most in the arena (Paladin, Wizard, Sea Dog, and Spies) once I get them to 12, I will figure out what to do with the rest.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Updated main post to include upgrades for levels 11 and 12

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Bumping this back to p1, since we’re all chasing mastery again.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Just farmed enough snoutlings to upgrade all the old classes to rank 11. I started with nearly 100K in snoutlings. Will take another 2 months to get everyone to 12 unless there are a couple more high-payout events. Didn’t keep track of mastery gained in event separate from mastery from SRC and misc., so could be longer. : (

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I’m just buying whatever comes up in the Dojo – 12 is so far away, and it’s so easy to get snouts, it doesn’t matter.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@graugeist — I am also buying everything that comes up in the Dojo. Just saying how long it will take to get the required snoutlings. I don’t even know how long it will take to spend them in the Dojo. 6 trips to Dojo/day x 6 snoutling offers/trip x 70 snoutlings/offer = 2520 snoutlings/day. At that rate it will take almost 2 months to buy mastery in the Dojo to get to rank 11, and more than 4 mo. to get to rank 12.
    Fortunately you do earn mastery along the way.
    Also need to check what average offers per Dojo visit is.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Average Dojo offerings per day should be >6, since 6 was calculated before Stone Guard and Illusionist, so there are now 2 more classes for snoutling offerings compared to a fixed number of offerings for LC.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

From observation and my observation can be completely wrong because I haven’t kept any stats it seems like that for each slot there is about a 50% chance to get a snoutling upgrade offer, 33% chance to get an upgrade all classes of bird x and a 17% chance to get an upgrade all birds and all classes offer. You can never have the same offer appear on the screen simultaneously in different slots so if you get the upgrade all birds/all classes offer the chance of it appearing in another slot is now 0% so the chances of the other offers increase. If my observations are correct, then mathematically speaking you will average slightly over 6 snoutling upgrades/visit.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@killerkea — I agree that the average number of snouting offers is entirely determined by statistic, and the average now should be somewhat higher than 6, but I haven’t done the math.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I’m catching up with more 10s, but it’s still quite a ways to go:
    8 9 10 10 8 9 Red
    10 9 9 10 7 5 Chuck
    8 9 9 9 9 Matty
    9 9 8 9 10 Bomb
    10 9 9 10 7 Blues

If I can just get the “right” offers, those 8s would be 9s, and a few 9s will be 10s; however, I’ve been having these ugly strings of only 2-4 offers. Ugh.

ThomasSpeedrunner
    @thomasthepencil

I have mostly 5’s, with a couple 6’s sprinkled in:
    Red: Avenger 2, others 5 (don’t have Stone Guard)
    Chuck: all 5 (don’t have Thunderbird or Illusionist)
    Matilda: all 5 (don’t have Bard or Priestess)
    Bomb: all 5 (don’t have Sea Dog)
    Blues: Tricksters and Spies at 6, Rogues at 5, don’t have Marksmen or Skulkers

…is this decent for level 25?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

You’re probably OK; however, you are missing a LOT of classes. At least you’ll want Sea Dog, as he’s really good.

At your level, you should be saving LCs for new hats, and spending your silver on mastery.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 526 through 550 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.