Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

@larry Oh I forgot one thing. What if we also added the info from the Golden Pig Machine thread too?

HarleyM
    @harleym

I feel like one guide combining all three would be better. Several of the farming methods will involve substantial overlap, and all methods (except the dojo) will provide some of each currency. With a combined guide you will be able to convey how effective each method is for gathering each. One guide will also lead to more views and should allow for easier updating when new information comes to light.

While a combined guide could *potentially* confuse people, the only reason anyone would come to these forums is because they want to learn more about the game than 95%+ of players. Such a guide would be a good place to provide the advantages and disadvantages of farming each currency, such as that even when farming mastery (for any significant period of time) you will end up with farm more snoutlings than you can spend. Either way, updates are needed… as they stand the guides can be misleading, with this guide not even affirmatively stating the best method for gathering mastery (from reading through it sounds like bombing the first level of CPC over and over… at least until bomb is capped).

Having read through this, I’ve been unable to find the answer… how is dropped mastery split? I.e, if one pig dies and drops x mastery, is it split evenly among all birds present, do all birds get x mastery, or does one random bird get x mastery and the rest 0? Does anything change if you have fewer than 3 birds? What if one of the birds is borrowed? Or if one of the birds is already 10/10? These all seem like rather important questions to answer for this thread.

The GPM, however, does seem to be an entirely different and unrelated topic. If the goal is one strategy guide, include it, but then also include arena, strategies for borrowing friends birds, 3-star strategies, advice on not purchasing extra bird classes (due to the way the dojo works for mastery), advice on spending LC, and whatever else.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@harleym — Thanks for your comments; will have to take a hard look at first page before the pages get combined.
    To try to answer your questions:
    Not everyone agrees on the best method, so this is my opinion:
    If your primary goal is snoutlings, and secondary is mastery, SRC is best.
    If your primary goal is mastery, and a dim second is snoutlings, CRC is best.
    CRC is the easiest castle, and works well with all birds once they reach a certain rank. If your bird classes are still at low rank, you will need to experiment both with CRC and SRC.
    When I was farming mastery, I played CRC on autoplay with whichever classes were my highest priority to rank up. I probably had most classes at rank 7 when I started doing this.
    Dropped mastery is given to each of the birds present that are not already at rank 10 (I think this is true, I’m sure someone will correct me if not @Dr_Ishmael?). If one of your birds dies, it will not get mastery from any pigs that are killed afterwards.
    I hope I haven’t mislead you. I have had all available classes at rank 10 for a while now, so it is hard to remember.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 I just realized something. We still need someone to take over the Snoutlings forum because there’s no data on the first page and the creator has been gone for months.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@harleym @mvnla2 Yes, all “active” birds (not knocked-out) will receive the same amount of mastery when a pig drops it.

@partshade, I think including the golden pig stuff is a great idea.

HarleyM
    @harleym

@dr_ishmael To confirm, this means that if *all* I care about is leveling Sea Dog and I am bombing levels to do so, he will gain mastery at exactly the same rate alone as if he is in a party with two other birds, right?

@MVNLA2
    By CRC you mean CPC, right? Or something else? Does playing the entire castle do better than just using bomb’s rage chili with the golden chili, then resetting (if active play isn’t an issue)?

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@harleym Correct. Unlike games where the progression reward (e.g. experience points) is divided among the party members, in Epic, all of your birds receive the full reward.

@MVNLA2
    meant CPC, yes. And chili-bombing the first wave can be highly efficient, if you are willing to spend time doing that. Most of us are lazy, which is why we let auto-play farm the entire castle (or at least up to Prince Porky) so we can do other stuff and only glance at Epic every 5 minutes or so.

@dr_ishmael, @harleym, when using autoplay it is much more efficient to use SRC. Both castles give about the same amount of mastery when played in full. On top of that, SRC is easy to finish on autoplay since you only need lots of damage and it gives good snoutlings as well.

CPC is only efficient because bombing first level pays out on lots of mastery at once. It is a lot of effort and extremely boring to do, but speeds up the mastery collection with effort.

Therefore autoplaying SRC is the lazy sitting back approach and allows for good snoutling farming for the dojo at the same time. For autoplay multiple levels in the castle, CPC is just inefficient.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@larry @kerravon @partshade @Dr_Ishmael
    BirdLeader agreed to make a sticky thread! I told him we weren’t quite ready yet.
    What do you think the title of the thread should be? Suggestions most welcome.
    My first crack is the following, but I don’t think it’s all that great.
    ”Tips on Mastery, Snoutlings, Experience, and the Golden Pig Machine”

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Why don’t you just call it EPIC Strategy Guide?

Next you can divide it into sections like
    Part 1 Mastery
    Part 2 Snoutlings
    Part 3 Experience
    Part 4 GPM

You can have a whole bunch of other sections like items, but some item are already covered here so you may want to only have arena items. If you do, please copy the Emblems post I made and the set items post others made. Have the sections list at top so people and click on the section they want and instantly be taken to that section.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Killerkea — If I were looking at a strategy guide, I would expect to find something more basic about how to win battles. I think we should include links to everything related to the arena, but the arena really needs a separate guide.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

Speaking of sticky links – I think the “help with daily objectives in the arena” thread should be stuck up top. There have been numerous new threads started on how to complete objectives – it would be really handy if they were all collected in the same thread. We’ve even had new threads started while this objectives thread was still on the first page! If it is top and centre people have no excuse.

Regarding the “Tips” thread, I think it would work best if it was just a short sticky post directing people to the other existing posts – which should still float. It would be best if all mastery queries went to the mastery thread, snoutling queries to the snoutling thread etc. You could include some information – a brief summary of what each thread contains – with each redirect.

The “Tips” thread should really only get posts from people suggesting other areas that might be covered.

I wouldn’t include a lot of text in the opening post, and I certainly would not copy all of the information from each of the opening posts. I don’t think a single post with all of this information would work. It would just be too much information. And we would just get a jumble of posts from each thread.

And lastly, it is not really a strategy guide – just a collection of tips. It would require some serious work if we were to tackle strategies.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

How about EPIC Player’s Manual?

Anonymous

@mvnla2 How about something like Epic 101: Tactics and Strategies?

Also here’s how I feel the layout should be:

First of all I think it should have Part 1 and Part 2 etc like Killerkea said. But it should also be in the order of progressing in the game. Like the guides at the top should be what players worry about first. Players don’t really worry about Mastery and the GPM until further into the game but at first they do focus on Snoutlings and Experience.

Also I think the very bottom of the page should be a very small Arena section with links to all the helpful forums of the Arena. Like List Of Emblems and the Daily Objectives Help Guide.

Anonymous

Also who would be the owner of the thread?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@larry @partshade @kerrAvon @Dr-Ishmael @killerkea
    I like the idea of making mostly links to existing threads.
    Since it was @larry’s idea to make a sticky thread, I think he should get first dibs on becoming the owner. If he doesn’t want to, then we will be looking for a volunteer (hint, hint).

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Dr_Ishmael — Misspelled your name, please see above.

@Killerkea
    — I am trying to set up a PM discussion on the sticky thread topic. If you want to be included in the discussion could you please accept ABN friends requests from MVNLA2, Larry, partshade, KerrAvon, and Dr_Ishmael? Thanks

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

Just got my Tricksters to level 10. That makes four 10s for me, and everyone else is at 9.

The Stone Guard’s going to have a lot of catching up to do once the new event starts…

HarleyM
    @harleym

@marioandsonic If your 9s are all close to 10, depending on how Stone Guard unlocks consider just not unlocking him until done so you can max it through the dojo quickly.

EpicWizard
    @epicwizard

Quick question. I noticed that when I have reached mastery level 10 for a class I am offered it as a purchase again. When reviewing it looks like it may reset the mastery for that class back to 1? Is this the case or does it even do anything?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@epicwizard It will not reset anything, you will just loose what you paid for the class and not gain anything. This is suppose to be fixed in the 1.2.7 update that was released today though.

EpicWizard
    @epicwizard

I had a feeling I was only going to lose something with it. Thanks for the quick reply @angryjohnny

sata
    @satanicoo

1 question: i was expecting after getting the first bird to lvl 10 mastery, that the 75 lc purchase option would drop to 72 ( 1 less mastery to lvl up). It didn’t. Those the 1000 mastery points that were ment to the lvl 10 bird gets distributed tough the others, or do i just loose them?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@satanicoo — Trying to level up with LC is not the way to go. See the thread on getting snoutlings and the main post in this thread. You want to have enough snoutlings so you can buy every offer of mastery for snoutlings in the Dojo.
    The LC offer is 1000 mastery for every class that still needs to be leveled up, and the price doesn’t go down if you already have some classes at level 10.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.