Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

Everyone, please – it’s RANK, not level. Experience gives you levels. Mastery gives you ranks. And ranks apply to CLASSES, not to birds.

That said…

I agree with @burbman’s assessment. The exact rank of any of your classes won’t matter other than those at rank 10. Having all 25 classes at rank 9 won’t affect the dojo at all, but having 2 or 3 at rank 10 will affect it slightly.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@killerkea you are correct. When All my birds except Bard reached rank 10 Bard was offered and continued to be offered until she went from 8 to 10 in one visit to the Dojo. It cost about 11,000 snoutlings.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Dr_ishmael — You and @Burbman are assuming that the awards in the Dojo follow some fairly simple, fair logic. By now I would expect anything other than simple and fair from Rovio. BTW — sorry about misusing level and rank, but can’t guarantee that it won’t happen again.

@mvnla2, Average to low again today. 9-4-2-7
    I seem to be having less luck the last couple of days. When did you start to notice a decreasing frequency of snoutling upgrades? Upto a week ago I had brilliant runs of at least 8 each time, going up to mentioned 19… Now I’m having difficulty getting proper upgrades.

Conspiracy to prevent users from getting lvl 10 birds too soon? Love conspiracies… :p

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Larry — It was 4 days ago that I posted I seemed to be seeing a decrease in Dojo offerings since I reached RANK 10 with several CLASSES. I have your highest RANK as 9. Is that still correct? The all caps rank and classes is for Dr_Ishmael.

@mvnla2 Yeah, that’s correct. Today I’ve don 2 dojo runs and both times only got 4…

@mvnla2
    Here are my birds:
    Red: all at 8
    Chuck: wiz 9, thunder 7, rest 8
    Matilda: Priest 7, rest 8
    Bomb: all at 8
    Blues: Trick 9, Skulk 7 and rest 8

In total 2×9, 20×8, 3×7

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@larry thanks.
    @Partshade — If you or anyone else still has birds with the highest ranking class = 8, more data would be really useful. I am beginning to get enough rank 10 classes, that I think my statistics are becoming skewed.
    Data from someone with one rank 10 class would be really useful.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 I’ll see what I can do :D.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

I have 2 rank-10 classes. Since yesterday, I’ve made 7 visits to the dojo, with an average snoutling upgrade count of 6.285 (max 10, min 3).

All my other classes are rank 9, and the following facts lead me to expect that I won’t be gaining rank 10s very quickly.

• I’ve stopped farming mastery points, so the only significant mastery I’m gaining is from the dojo. (I have sufficient snoutlings banked to buy all the remaining mastery points that I need.)
    • My rank 9 classes are fairly evenly spread across the 50,000 point interval to rank 10. Assuming that they’re all offered equally often at the dojo, they should all increase at the same rate.
    • I’m not favoring any classes at the dojo – I’m simply taking whatever’s in the top slot until it turns to LC, then the middle slot, then the bottom, so again, this should keep the mastery gains evenly distributed.

What this means is that I’ll be able to provide statistics at increasing numbers of rank 10 classes… eventually. If my average holds up, it’ll take me about 7 weeks to get all rank 10s.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Dr_Ishmael — That sounds great! I can send you my data if you think that might help. Will have to figure out what got upgraded when, but I only have about 1 week of data.
    @Partshade — Thanks!

Laxietoo
    @laxietoo

@mvnla2 Here is my data from this week so far. I did post some of this earlier in the week but thought you’d like to see all the numbers together.

I still have two at rank 9 and the rest vary from 4-8.

Sunday
    10 or 11

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Laxietoo — Thanks! Getting reasonable statistics on highest rank = 9 is really useful.
    @all — Anyone out there with rank 8 or lower? Actually @Dr_Ishmael — don’t you have a second game with birds at much lower rank? Would be interesting to know if the statistics are the same at rank 9 as at a lower rank. At least interesting to those of us who are suspicious about Rovio using “fair” statistics.

Laxietoo
    @laxietoo

@mvnla2 I am glad to help and will continue to keep track.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 Yeah, but I hardly have any snoutlings on that account – I’d have to spend a bunch of time farming SRC before I could provide any data there. And since I can’t load it in my emulator anymore… :/

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1

@KillerKea ~ you’re absolutely right. The discount increment I’ve been given with each stamp is 0.75% and not the 0.25% I supposed I had. Sorry for my confusion.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 Just realized another complication with getting dojo stats from my second account – I don’t have all classes unlocked. Still missing: Thunderbird, Bard, Priestess, Skulkers, and Sea Dog. So it would be identical to an account with 5 rank-10 classes – either way, there are only 20 classes available to make offers for, instead of 25.

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1

I have specific data to offer about the number of upgrades by snoutlings I’ve been offered on average at the Dojo but on my experience of a bit more than 3 months of daily playing I have some empiric experience that may be relevant.
    The average number of snoutling upgs has varied significantly during my playing experience. It started being 6-8 but at a certain moment it dropped significantly to 3-4. This period where I was getting fewer upgs coincided with a moment where I was intensely farming mastery. When I got my favorite classes to rank 10 I played much less and the upgs at the Dojo started increasing again. There’s big fluctuations now on the actual number but it seems to me I’m getting on avg. the 6-8 upgs I had when my classes were all low rank.
    I have now 9 classes ranking 10 and 13 ranking 9, with the most part less than 25k of mastery to rank 10. I also have Skulkers at 6 and that’s the class I’m currently pushing mastery up.
    So, if you ask me if upgrades forsnoutlings at the dojo dropped with the reaching of rank 10 by classes of my birds, I would say it didn’t happen to me.

BTW, my favorite places for farming mastery are the caves. I use mostly cave 9 #5,9 and occasionally all 10 wave battles from caves #11-13. I also think your introduction data about mastery at cave 9 #9 is not correct. I always get over 100 (for each bird…), there, averaging on the 130-140, but sometimes it goes over 200.
    Also, after verificatio,n I reached the conclusion that all classes on a team receive the exact same amount of mastery at the conclusion of a battle where they all finish alive. I didn’t bother checking what happens when some bird dies early.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@jorge-freeman-1 About your last sentence, I would expect that only active birds receive mastery points when a mastery medal drops – i.e. birds receive no mastery points from drops while they are knocked out. I’m going to test this right now by going into a battle with Avenger, Priestess, and Sea Dog, and have them all use their support abilities until Red gets himself knocked out (I’ll equip my oldest offhand to give him really low health), then defeating the pigs and hoping that at least one of them drops a medal.

[edit] Confirmed – Priestess and Sea Dog gained 14 mastery, Avenger gained 0.

Also, you receive mastery immediately when a medal drops – if you leave the battle early or if you lose the battle, your birds retain all mastery that had already been dropped during that battle.

@mvnla2, Yesterday 3,3,6, today 5,5.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I just nominated a bunch of Epic players for badges. I’m sure I missed a few, so check out this group and feel free to nominate anyone I missed.
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/groups/badges-ranking-nominations-and-congratulations/

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Hmm! May not have enough data, but the average number of Dojo offerings is not behaving as a expected. I doubt that the differences so far between highest rank of 10 and highest of 9 is significant.

@mvnla2, Thanks for nominating! Must have been the head geek thing… ;)

Anyway, got a very very disappointing dojo again. 2,2,1… Then I bought 1K for all and got it going again, so that one is invalid. Next dojo run will be recorded again. Somehow the dojo really doesn’t work out well for me these days…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Larry — No wonder the average for rank 9 keeps going down!

@Dr_Ishmael
    — Do you have any more data for highest rank of 10?

@laxietoo
    — Any more data?

@mvnla2, I just got 14. I have noticed before that after spending LC’s, it seems to give a lot more snoutling upgrades… This thing might just be a whole lot more complicated than anyone thought. This afternoon I got myself 1000 for all. The 19 I mentioned before was also the day after I bought a bunch of mastery for all…

Oh, and by the way, I upgraded paladin and sea dog to 9.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.