Master classes help

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Master classes help

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Replies
  • KillerKea
    @killerkea

@DH-Kim I 3 starred all the cave bosses without ever using master classes or borrowing or hiring birds. I don’t have many sets, but those aren’t needed to 3 star the cave bosses either. Some of the cave bosses would be possible to 3 star with only 2 birds if the game gave 30,000 pts for both birds being at full health at the end. I also never used sea dog, thunderbird or skulkers because I don’t have those classes. Using the brute force power of the sea dog isn’t necessarily the best way to 3 star a cave boss. Which cave bosses are you having trouble 3 starring?

Since we don’t know what future expansions will be like it is impossible to say which birds are best to upgrade to master classes. However most people use the paladin the most so that would probably be the best one, but they might come out with new headsets with new abilities so the paladin might not be the best class to upgrade. Maybe they’ll create something like a ninja or shaman headset in the future.

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

@KillerKea — I did 3star all the levels, but would like to know about 5-10(Inferno Firebug). So it is possible to 3star without Master, Sea Dog nor Potions, etc?

just clearing slowly with full HP grants only 36500, which is a 2star score. 43000 was 3star anyway.

Sir Falcon
    @flying-falcon

Or: Paladin + Rainbird + Priest

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@mvnla2 if you have LC for only one Master class, then I agree with other’s comments, you should spend them on Paladine.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@DH-Kim Some levels you have to beat the boss fairly quickly with your birds at full health to 3 star. Unfortunately I don’t know which bosses those are. I 3 starred the cave 5 boss using wizard, bard with nightmare set and Pigiana, but I used 1 veggie cake each round so I could use the Wizard’s Speed of Light attack almost every round. If the boss got stunned after using the speed of light attack, I could use the bard to heal if needed. The bard with the nightmare set does a huge amount of damage when the enemy gets stunned and with the Wizard using a Speed of Light attack I have a 54.3% chance to stun each round if the willow wisp is not attacked by my bard. If I could have used my samurai with the grand slam set instead of Pigiana, then the chance to stun goes up to 72.3% assuming the samurai and bard always attack the boss. My nightmare set does an extra 786 damage per stunned round.

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

@KillerKea — So consumables are used, right? That’s not helpful for me unfortunately; I think using potions is no better than using Powerups.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@dh-kim What do you mean by power ups?

It may be possible to 3 star cave 5 without using consumables, but since I have to use a pig ally and don’t have enough LC to upgrade classes to master or even buy all the classes I don’t think I can do enough damage to 3 star it without using consumables. Wizard and bard are my two birds that can cause the maximum amount of damage per round. I considered lightning bird and bard, but wizard and bard does more damage. Lightning bird, samurai and marksmen would do far more damage, but I can’t use 3 birds. Even though I only have one the grand slam set and no complete sets for the other two birds those 3 will do over 5000 damage per round.

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

@KillerKea — Ah, sorry if it was offensive, but my thoughts are that consumables are just like powerups in normal AB games – So I refuse to use it.

I’ll see if Samurai + LtBird + Marksmen for that makes it a 3star score later.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@DH-Kim — I’ve always been against using power-ups. See the “No PU” icon in my avatar? I am opposed to spending real money to buy potions, etc., but since you can get potions just by enough farming, I consider them a legitimate part of the game, just like buying additional classes and higher ranks. Just my opinion.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

In other angry birds games, I also don’t like using the mighty eagle to decimate levels and won’t do it. I’d also consider that sort of like cheating to get a high score and would not be happy with myself if using the mighty eagle was the only way I could 3 star a level. Now if they made a level where you were required to use the mighty eagle, then that would be different. Using potions is extremely common and expected in RPGs. In most it would be impossible to survive without them.

My score for beating the cave boss 5 was 44,300 so I used more veggie cakes than I needed to get 3 stars, but the game doesn’t tell you what score you need for 3 stars or how many points you will get if you finish by x round.

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

@MVnLA2 — Yeah, that can be true, for HP potions, but I’d really like to refuse using a bunch of Veggie Cakes to spam Rage Abilities. e.g. Using Egg Surprise continuously makes the boss fight just a slice of pie; I don’t think that’s a “legitimate” way that HQ intended!

Actually I think the existence of Veggie Cake itself is wrong. You know, Ultra Hot Veggie Cake fills by 75%, allowing to use 2 rage attacks in a turn, which is totally ridiculous. How can it be called as an ultimate when it can be used without cooldowns or delays?

@KillerKea
    — In some RPG games, there are firm restrict in using potions – like having cooldowns, or consuming a turn to be used. But potions in ABE requires nothing! Also, this game contains a whole team in our hand, unlike most RPG’s. There are separated players for each classes, thus making it harder to heal, dispel, etc when having not enough communications. But in this game, All Our Bird Are Belong To Us; we can just order a bird to heal another, immediately.

and The cutline of 3star in 5-10 seems to be 43000, which means it should be cleared within 11 turns.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

This game does a lot of things differently from other RPGs. You always get to attack first with all your characters. You are graded from 0-3 stars which might get you to replay the level if you don’t get 3 stars. Despite these and many other differences we all really like this game otherwise we wouldn’t be here.

There is a restriction on potion use. It is one per character per round. The cost of the potions or cakes is awfully low compared to what they do. Would it make you happier if they charged 500 snoutlings for each veggie cake and made it take 10 times as many ingredients to produce?

Too bad this game doesn’t have different difficulty modes to keep us playing because I have nothing left to do except earn LC so I can eventually buy all the headsets and keep spinning on the pig machine until I get all the set items.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Master classes help

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.