Lucky coins exploit

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Lucky coins exploit

• Since the forced update took care of all the cheating related to this exploit, by now it doesn’t hurt anymore to share the public secret to harvesting lucky coins.

Several of these type of exploits (continuous GP rolls, daily set items, replaying golden clouds, etc.) are already covered in detail in several topics. Some of these exploits have already been fixed and some are still working.

This specific one however was different since it caused the objectives in the arena to reset as well. This was a poorly kept secret since there have been quite a few misguided attempts to share this information on this forum to “level the playing field”. The method is also explained in detail on youtube.

In this forum, it has been extensively moderated to prevent more cheating in the arena. For this reason, only some of us have been able to harvest lucky coins in pretty large quantities over the last few months. We all assumed this would stop with the latest update, but although the cheating with this exploit did, the exploit itself is still working.

Some of you may remember the exploit where changing the clock one day forward would trigger the golden clouds fight. Although this was fixed at some point, Rovio did not do a really good job at fixing this. Changing the clock itself may not work anymore, but changing the timezone does.

If you change only the timezone in such a way that you end up close to any midnight, you’ll see the golden cloud appearing again. As long as your last golden clouds fight was longer ago than the time after your new midnight, it will appear. After each fight, change the time zone again so you end up before midnight and you just wait until the midnight passes again. Since there’s about 30 different timezones, including some with half hour of even 15 minute offsets, you can do this about 30 times per day (if you don’t sleep of course!).

This has been confirmed for all platforms.

I am sincerely hoping that this post doesn’t get moderated anymore and everyone can enjoy some additional lucky coins. We all agree that Rovio was a bit cheap with the compensations for all the mess-ups, but let’s give them some credits for leaving this one open for all.

Happy harvesting!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Replies
  • DukeNukem
    @mehchinegun

You know, I’ve only known that there was such thing as a lucky coin exploit only after the update that takes out most exploits, which made me upset on all the lucky coins I’ve missed since I have been saving up for Skulkers for weeks.

But when I found out the exploit still worked though differently as described, so I started farming for lucky coins since and that is just wonderful.

However, it’s a shame to me that they removed the rainbow rolls exploit on the GP machine, because now it seems that rolling for set items “The RIGHT way” just takes obscene amounts of LC just for one or two, and even rainbow riot doesn’t seem to help a whole lot because I’ve just spent 30 LC and got nothing special.

I wish there was another exploit that could replace the rainbow roll exploit.

There is still the exploit on the gp where it gets refilled continuously with each friend roll. The only problem is that it moves around quite a bit. When someone gains this bug, someone else seems to lose it. I guess you would have to be lucky…

Also, there are some bugs with ads re-appearing and filling up the GP machine. It’s all in the forum somewhere, just look for it. Although as far as I know, the current ones are all random occurrences.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

This is how I can get mastery level jump so fast, but I will not play Epic anymore once all 15 classes have got level 10 mastery.

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@larry
    Perhaps a small warning that those who used the previous GP exploit got to play without GP battles for a number of days after rovio fixed the issue. At least that’s how I’ve understood it from older posts on this forum.
    Would be rather easy for rovio to spot any user who has complete say 75 ME stamp cards but only started playing two months ago.

@napoleongl, as I recall, the gp was unavailable for some time while they were fixing the original bug. It had nothing to do with using the exploit, it was simply unavailable for all. The only thing which changed after that fix was the amount of stamp cards. It was capped at the actual time the game was live. With this exploit you will also notice that after achieving a new week, the stamp card is added, but only to the current cap. The cap obviously increases each week.

I actually discovered this (and the effect on the arena) when I was travelling through time zones. It’s lazy programming, that’s all.

burbman
    @burbman

FYI – if you are on Facebook, you can also request Friendship Essence from your friend list each time you pass midnight as well.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Moderating exploits is poor strategy.

Cheaters already know it, so exploits should be published widely and publicly. Hiding the exploit only hurts the honest players.

Let EVERYONE use the exploit so there is no disadvantage.

And if it forces Rovio to fix (or remove) the feature, that’s not a bad thing.

@graugeist, the problem is that most people were not using cheat methods. More people cheating with this method was not something that any of us wanted to support. Rovio did solve the issues, but they apparently needed the time to do so. Having more cheaters does not force Rovio to deal with it. On the contrary, they didn’t even pull the event because they considered that the cheats were out there for everyone already.

Not many in here were happy with the cheaters and the attempts to share this method while it was still working were met with a lot of unhappy nesters.

Besides that, this forum is not a cheaters forum, but a place for fans to share ideas, strategies and usefull stuff. Exploits are widely covered in here, just not any methods for cheating against other players.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@graugeist @larry In my opinion using exploits is also form of cheating, maybe impact of this one isn’t that noticeable over short period, but it’s not how the game was intended to be. Don’t know or understand why rovio did not fix that (could have used same method as the daily objectives), also mentioned this one in my email along with the others cheat ways talked about in the forum several weeks ago, maybe yes they where busy fixing a few cheat methods for arena, apparently not all of them.

Nobel sharing this so there’s no disadvantage, only one problem with that, not EVERYONE (epic players) is on ABN forum.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@renitz I am also unsure about this one. It really is on the edge for what is an acceptable exploit for me. I am getting a bit tired of coming across arena opponents with full weapon/offhand item sets for their birds and complete banner sets. Sure, many will have obtained them through normal game play, a bit of luck and spending real world money. But in this case, many will gain an opportunity to leap ahead with little effort. In my case I would have the opportunity to get the final two bird classes, but then what is left to do in the game. Frankly, I’d prefer to be patient and do it the way the game designers intended.

@kerravon, @renitz, Epic and banner sets have mostly come from the golden pig bugs, which were also covered in detail in this forum. These exploits have allowed endless supplies of set items. I have completed my collection due to these bugs where the golden pig kept refilling from friend rolls and when the GP friend roll gave a set item every day. These bugs have been used widely and almost every player who has played this game for some time now has come across one of these bugs. This really has nothing to do with lucky coins.

Honestly, using the lucky coins for epic set items is the worst spend you can think of in this game. The odds of getting full sets with lucky coins are terribly small and it would mostly give duplicate items.

I do agree though that using exploits is somewhat cheating, but I really don’t believe it is a huge issue considering this possibility. Many have played since the game came out and harvested a lot more lucky coins using earlier bugs which were not even known to be bugs. They were simply thought of as game features (replaying golden pig for instance).

Some current bugs can also be used as exploits, so we can all decide not to talk about exploits, but then we should remain silent about bugs as well. At least this way many folks can get their classes completed and play the arena without running into impossible objectives.

Really, except for the nest stuff, classes, and an occasional (duplicate) set item, there’s not much useful to buy for LC’s.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@larry Don’t completely agree with you, but that is ok and go ahead use it ppl. This was my opinion about the subject. Before the arena everybody was playing for themselves, so nobody else was disadvantaged!

The not useful part, thinks differs from player to player, someone with all birds max out, yeah ok. For others very useful.
    Calculated following: If start at 11:00 am till 0:00 would give 20 rolls per day on golden pig machine average per week around 700 coins (incl facebook coins).
    So can be for example:
    35 restart battles in arena (20 coins each)
    9000 mastery points all birds dojo (75 coins) + 500 mastery points specific birds (15 coins)

Kalapeen Jain
    @kalapeen-jain

Can u plz explain how to get 20 rolls per day. Which time zone to start with at 11.am I simply don’t get it. Lets say its GMT +5.30 and I made a roll at 12.00pm bu t the next zone i.e GMT +5.45 will already be ahead and it will already be 12.15 there. Can u plz elaborate a bit by giving 2-3 examples. I was nvr able to use any cheat and really dont wanna miss this chance. Plz help

@kalapeen-jain, here’s a video that explains the process. You have to understand that the golden cloud will be triggered when your device thins it is midnight. Just change your timezone so it is midnight on your device.

Btw, the arena exploit shown in the movie does not work anymore.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@kalapeen-jain
    Here is the trick (I don’t know about iOS because I only use Android).
    On date and time settings, un-check Automatic Detect Time Zone if any. Change the time zone accordingly until the clock shows 23xx (before 0000) and wait until nearly 0000 and start the game, or simply start the game and take care some tasks (gaining snoutings, tournament, class promotion…) and go to the field screen when the time has come.
    You should be able to beat around 35 time zones if you play 24 hours all the way down.
    0000 (GMT)
    -0200 (Uruguay)
    -0300 (Buenos Aries)
    -0330 (St. John)
    -0400 (Halifax)
    -0500 (New York)
    -0600 (Chicago)
    -0700 (Denver)
    -0800 (Hollywood)
    -0900 (Anchorage)
    -1000 (Honolulu)
    +1300 (Tonga)
    +1200 (Fiji)
    +1100 (Sydney)
    +1030 (Central Australia)
    +1000 (Guam)
    +0930 (Darwin)
    +0900 (Tokyo)
    +0800 (Hong Kong)
    +0700 (Bangkok)
    +0630 (Burma)
    +0600
    +0545 (Nepal)
    +0530 (India)
    +0500 (Pakistan)
    +0430 (Afghanistan)
    +0400 (Dubai)
    +0330 (Iran)
    +0300 (Iraq)
    +0200 (Jerusalem)
    +0100 (Brussels)

Annifrid
    @annifrid

I discovered this exploit several weeks ago, and used it to earn enough LC to buy all those classes I didn’t have. From my point of view this is no cheating. I still wouldn’t probably have even considered doing it (just because I don’t generally like to mess with the game in any way … I’ve lost all progress in other games before) – hadn’t the arena been giving me those “win 5 battles with Sea Dog” type objectives ALL. THE. TIME.
    (Of course, I HAVEN’T seen that objective ever since buying the class. Not even once. Same for Paladin and Bard and all the others. And that was at least three weeks ago.)

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@all Seriously, reading this post is disgusting for me. On ABN lots of players have XP level 35+, Mastery level 7+, 890+ map stars, etc. Those players have much more Snoutings and LCs than the other players. But please remember there is another category of players and I belong to this one These are the novice and non-expert players. Like some, I am level 19, I have only ≈600 map stars and I have Mastery level 1-5. Like others, I have neither Bard, Thunderbird nor Sea dog. (Even if I have the Paladin, it’s only because of the Xmas compensation gift of 60 LCs) My LC number is never above 11-12. You could imagine it can be a bit annoying that others begin a 25-page topic about Excel tables on how to maximise farming of Snoutlings and Mastery that you cannot even understand. I am not criticizing “higher level players” or the ABN community. I’m only saying IT IS DISGUSTING for a “low-level player” to learn that some players have used during months a cheat or exploit that permitted them to have hundreds of LCs that he dreams to have. About this exploit, I would have preferred that the creator of this topic didn’t revealed it.
    Thank you for reading this,

@zackvoyager

Dear @zackvoyager,

U understand your frustration. I would like to explain my view on the points you are raising. I admit that some of this stuff is, also for me, in a grey area with a thin red line. Therefore, I believe that this topic warrants a proper discussion.

I definitely do not speak on behalf of the community. I do have some strong opinions about all this and invite anyone in here to agree or disagree with me in any way.

Many people in this forum have been playing this game for some time now and many are trying to get as much out of it as they can. This whole forum is based on maximizing points and scores. Have a look at the discussions in all the walkthroughs, leaderboards and other places around this forum.

What you are referring to with the excel tables and efficient farming actually builds on maximizing one’s efforts on getting maximum points. To gain amounts of snoutlings, mastery, XP or even LC’s that can actually make a difference in the game, it takes an incredible amount of in-game hours. People who are using these methods are spending large amounts of time in the game. (I personally spent half a year of farming to gain enough to max-out my birds!)

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but if you really don’t care about maximizing your personal effort in the game, then why bother with criticizing the efforts made in this forum to help out players who do? All these efforts on describing efficient farming methods are nothing more but strategies for maximizing game results.

Now, about this lucky coin business. This method has been around for a long time now and for the exact reason you are pointing out in your post, I have chosen to post it in this thread. Many people knew that this exploit was out there but it was kept quiet only because it caused cheating in the arena. That last one is a big issue since it keeps others from having any chance of winning in the arena. Therefore it was heavily moderated in here.

Since this does not work anymore and most people already knew about this exploit, I decided to share it. Mostly because I had received many many requests from people who wanted to know how to gain these LC’s. This way everyone will have a chance to gain some more LC’s, if only to complete their collection of helmets.

Don’t you think it is really unfair to get the sea dog arena objectives without having played long enough to buy sea dog? Or what about you joining recently, only to find out that you discovered the game too late to receive the 60LC compensation for the messed up holidays events? Or missing out on the 100 LC gift because you don’t follow Rovio on twitter? Or about hearing that in the beginning, you could replay the golden cloud as many times as you liked? Or what about having paid money for LC’s to buy mastery classes which suddenly are obsolete after Rovio changed the system? Well, enough of these examples although there are plenty where they came from.

I guess what I am saying is, why keep it secret to a few players while everyone else is struggling and paying real life money, only to find out that the LC’s are completely worthless.

Yes, with lucky coins your birds may get some more mastery, but not a lot. At least not in the amount which gains you a serious advantage in the arena. It will take many many months of serious “farming” before you can gain enough LC’s AND snoutlings to maximize your birds, even with the LC farming.

Yes, you can buy rolls on your golden pig to help you with set items. Well, I have not seen many teams (if any) without complete sets and this LC exploit is NOT the cause for that, nor will it make a lot of difference.

There have been many, many bugs which caused epic set items to appear for everyone and one is still out there, randomly filling rainbow bars for random players. Not just ABN readers. The only difference is that in here, we’re usually trying to find out what is happening exactly. By doing that, we actually also provide data to Rovio in order to help solve these kind of issues.

To conclude, please direct your anger towards Rovio. They have been notified months ago about this exploit since it caused most of the cheating. Explanations have been incredibly detailed, but Rovio chooses to keep these exploits in. The very simple reason is that using the local clock/timezone enables them to present in-game elements based on your own time. In turn, that makes Rovio more money. It really is that simple. They consciously prefer higher income over proper programming.

Oh, and a final note, please play this game the way you like to play it.
    If you don’t want to get more LCs, then don’t.
    If you want to give Rovio a lot of money for overpriced in-game stuff, do so.
    If you are bored with the gameplay and are looking for improvements, do so.
    If you want to speed up the process of getting some needed items for your nest which cost an incredible amount of LC’s (equivalent of years of gameplay), then go ahead.

It’s your choice.

EpicMatt
    @epicmatt

You should have shared it already long ago instead of keeping all the lc for the elite in here. Most people missed out on tons of lc because of this.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@larry I still disagree with you regarding this exploit. And after reading @zackvoyager’s response, more so. I am a bit disappointed that more nesters on this site have not spoken up about this. I for one would like this thread removed.

Everyone has their own values and sense of what is right and wrong. So players will have differing views on this matter. For me, this exploit sits close to the line of what is acceptable / non-acceptable – but on the unacceptable side. And I can understand that for some players this sits on the acceptable side. This view will also be influenced by where a player is up to in the game and player’s individual experiences with the game.

A big part of this game is managing your lucky coins (LCs). The largest source of LCs is undoubtedly the daily battle against the golden pig on the cloud. This is actually a very clever ploy used by the game designers to get people to play every single day. But you also get LC’c from leveling up and from chests. And also people are able to spend real world money to buy LCs if they want to advance in the game more quickly.

How you spend the LCs is up to you. You can use LCs to buy stuff for your nest (golden chilli, golden anvil, golden cauldron, etc), to get items from the Golden Pig Machine and to get bird classes. But there is a balance to this as you advance through the game. If you want to advance quickly you can use real world money to buy some LC’s. I actually don’t have a real problem with that. People can spend money if they wish. I spent money so I could get Bard and open a couple of friendship gates – my son kept opening my game and wasting LCs, so one day I made a small purchase and quickly spent my LCs before he noticed. But he is more aware of the value of LCs now so it’s no longer an issue. But the point is, we have options depending on how we wish to play the game.

Putting this exploit out there will really screw up the balance for players, particularly those at lower levels. Playing those early battles on the map is about getting the right combinations of birds and equipment and developing your team of birds by spending your LCs wisely.

@larry
    , with regard to your statements about where people got their set items and banner items from, I also have to disagree.

I am in the gold arena league and probably 60-70 % of opponents have matching weapon/offhand item sets for all of their birds. I have played for quite a while and have more than half of the completed sets at level 41 from just regular use of the GPM and LCs I collected through the game. So I usually go into battle with completed sets in my arena battles. So I think it is common at level 41 to see opponents with completed weapon/offhand item sets. And this should be more common for those in the higher arena leagues.

But I suggest the most likely reason for players having a full inventory of completed weapon/offhand item sets is that they have spent real world money. And the same with completed banner sets – people have spent real world money on these. This is probably as Rovio wishes. The 5LC cost for a spin on the golden arena pig machine is probably a control to limit the number of players who spend money to get all the banner set items.

Finally, @larry, I understand what you mean about writing essays!

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

This exploit would fit within my “moral boundary” for Epic because if you grinded a lot and used all known exploits outside of PvP, you could still end up say, 5th, because of an exploit used by others just to be First Place, which is far more unfair than the fact that people were using this so and so exploit to give them a significant edge or support that others also were trying to get(that could also end up failing). With PvP cheaters, no matter what normal exploits (like this one) could do, there is almost nothing you can do to overtake the cheaters (who have millions of points) with just methods. Some people spike their banners with trillions of HP so that even getting a great set item wouldn’t knock it down. And if this exploit was hidden, it would make it unfair who didn’t know it even existed. Filling up my GAPM Rainbow Bar thrice in a day didn’t help much against enemy birds’ set items (especially after the silly update that nerfed the banners :-$). Plus it costed a full 5 LC (I used the video and Piggy Mc’Cool’s free roll to cheapen the first two).

EDIT: Also, the update basically rendered the Rainbow Bar exploit almost completely useless, because the matching was still unfair and I needed to get better items to make the battles more safer.

EDIT 2: And am I the only one who never makes IAPs??

burbman
    @burbman

@larry – one point of contention with your analysis above is that Rovio fixed the primary GPM glitch that allowed for daily set items from friend GPM rolls daily way back when the top experience level was approximately 25. I obtained many, many set items at that time, but have long since stopped using them as I have obtained more powerful items through regular game play. I think the only level 25 set item I still have is the pocket watch for Chuck.

I personally have chosen not to take advantage of the timezone exploit because I consider it to be outside of the course of normal game play. When I found I could get LC by merely tapping the replay button on the golden pig level, I honestly had no idea that this was not how the programmers intended the game to be played. Choosing to only use the free roll on a friend’s GPM versus spending LC, or watching the video also did not strike me as “gaming the game” as it was available within the ordinary course of game play.

Another method we have run across that seems to allow players an advantage in progressing within the arena leagues is the intentional late start of league play for the week. I believe that this has allowed me to be placed in leagues with fewer players utilizing exploits available outside of the game and has allowed me to reach the diamond league. Again I have done nothing outside of the game itself to gain this advantage.

Back in the day, players could gain benefit of “time travel” by resetting their device clocks ahead to create the illusion that time had passed, now similar benefits can be gained by taking advantage of this time zone exploit. These exploits require that the player do something outside of the app itself in order to gain an advantage. I draw the line for myself at the point where I am manipulating my device outside of the game to obtain an advantage within the game. If the only benefit to be gained for a user who chooses otherwise is a faster accumulation of LC, I am good with that. If there becomes an effect that directly changes the game play for other users, such as the objective resets that were being done, I object very strongly.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

All I want to do is to achieve mastery level 10 on all 15 members. Once I reached the goal and have 1000 lucky coins, I am done for good.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@all Several things in the game are really disgusting in ABE game. For example, the unbelievable price of all the purchases in the game. Paying € 0.89 for only 15 LCs or € 2.69 for only 60 LCs is disgusting. Even if you don’t pay, it’s almost impossible for players like me to progress through the game. Consider I’ve begun to play ABE in July, 1 month after the worldwide release. Btw late August and late December I’ve played an average of 1 hour a day. When I know that some who played BEFORE the 1.0.8 version did earn tons LCs with the GP exploit and have a huge time advantage on me, I find it ridiculous. When you’re at level 19, you’ve cleared all the map but the XP income is now so low that it’s impossible to continue the game. After having created a FB account to continue caves, I feel stupid because with 4 pages of anonymous lv41-friends, the fun in the caves is ruined. So I wait a real update now. An update that would be fair and not give an advantage to any category of players. And possibly a new way to more easily earn LCs…

@admins, I believe this is a very good and important discussion here. There are lots of exploits which have been posted on in the past, either in the bugs thread or as separate posts. This one is really in the grey and instead of moderating this, I think it would be a good idea to let the community speak up about this and future exploits.

I am wondering if there is any way to create some kind of poll here to determine the community preference for discussing these type of exploits.

I would be happy to work together with some of the posters in here, who are expressing their strong opinions in order to formulate some solid statements for people to vote on.

With the results, we can all act accordingly and self-moderate our posts in this forum…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Lucky coins exploit

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.