Lost all progress across 10 AB games

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Lost all progress across 10 AB games

• Hopefully someone out there can help me restore progress across multiple games.
    I had a complete phone failure recently and had to get a replacement iPhone 6S.
    I could only restore all my apps and data back to my last full backup from Sept. 29, 2015. (Thank you iCloud for not working as advertised)
    I have only only been able to restore progress on Angry Birds 2, and AB Star Wars 2.
    I have lost all progress in: AB Original, AB Free, AB Lite, Star Wars 1, AB Space, AB Space Free, Seasons, Seasons Free, Rio and Rio Free.
    Game Center still shows my Achievements, but not my by-level progress.
    I have tried the DiskAid/iMazing solution proposed by AngryBirdsNest, but I do not see any .lua files (with or without showing hidden files.)
    Nor do I have a folder called C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Rovio
    I don’t understand why Restoring to my new phone didn’t restore my score data when this is the same process I have used in the past when upgrading phones over the last several years.
    My hope is that something can be salvaged from somewhere in the 9/29/15 backup folder on my PC, here: Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    I emailed Rovio and they said they could not help me.
    Any advice is appreciated.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

@abirdnerd If your backup was taken using iCloud instead of iTunes it’s not a full backup of your phone, I however think it should have taken a backup of your app-files. If you took it using iTunes I’d recommend installing iMazing and check through the backup-explorer. If you can’t find your files there I’m afraid they’re gone :(

abirdnerd
    @abirdnerd

First, thank you very much for the reply.
    I guess i must have tried iMazing for something in the past because it says my trial period is over.
    I was able to extract the .lua files using Iexplorer, which is great, but it won’t allow writing files to my iphone. I also tried iFunbox but gives me the following message: “This app does not have iTunes File Sharing enabled. On devices with iOS 8.3 and above, the developer of the app must enable file sharing in order to access the app contents.”

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

@abirdnerd Yeh, since iOS 8.3 Apple blocked third party programs from accessing the those files except if the developers choose to activate file sharing (which barely any developers have done…). Though I’m not really sure what you’re trying to do here. The .lua files that are on your device at the moment is the progress you have now (basically the 0% progress), so which .lua files are your trying to extract? If you’ve got them from the backup and want to put them on your phone now what you’ll have to do is a bit more complicated, so did you get the .lua files from the backup your took before you lost your progress and you’re now trying to put them on your phone?

abirdnerd
    @abirdnerd

You’re exactly correct.
    Yes, I was able to extract old .lua files from the backup dated 9/29/15, and I want to put them on my new phone now.

and Yes: “did you get the .lua files from the backup your took before you lost your progress and you’re now trying to put them on your phone?”

One thing I should mention is that I don’t see any .lua files on my new phone now.
    Perhaps because all 10 lost games show zero points and zero stars?
    Again, I appreciate the help. –Bill

Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

@abirdnerd
    Ok, so follow these steps here and it should work:

1. Copy all of the save files (.lua) that you’d like to keep. I’d recommend copying all files in the same folder as the .lua files in case there any other important files there. Put them somewhere else on your computer where they’re saved.
    2. Make a new backup of your phone using iTunes
    3. Now use the program you used to extract the files and this time you’d want to replace the existing files in your new backup with the ones you extracted in step 1.
    4. Now when the files from step 1 are placed in your new backup you should restore your phone using iTunes. This will put everything from the latest backup onto your phone. Make sure you choose to restore from the backup and not completely factory reset it or else your everything on your phone will be gone.

I hope this helps :)

abirdnerd
    @abirdnerd

It’s taken me 3 evenings and about a dozen full restores of various incarnations, but at the moment I think I’ve finally got all my progress restored. I can’t thank you enough for the help!

Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

@abirdnerd I’m glad you finally got your progress back! I know what it feels like to lose all your save data in a game… It’s happened to me before so nowadays I take regular backups. Glad I was able to help :)

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Lost all progress across 10 AB games

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.