Losing feathers after hangs

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Losing feathers after hangs

• I’m playing on iPhone 6s, no wi-fi (over cellular data).

Sometimes, I can’t connect to the arena. It happened just now.

When I closed the app (swipe up in iOS) and restarted, I got right in. For the second time in three days, I’d regressed a TON in the feather department. I know because I’d FINALLY gotten to all 13’s, and had Terrence (today’s Arena focus) and Bomb (yesterday’s focus) within a hundred feathers of being 14’s.

Now, Terrence is back down to 1100 feathers away, Bomb is now 1800 feathers away, and Chuck (who’d progressed to 13) is back to 12. All the spells I’d used (and paid for) didn’t return — they stayed spent.

The extra arena tickets I’d saved up by not using any for two weeks, however, were NOT restored — they’re still at 40 (they were at 62). It also kept my level at 73 (I’d just leveled up so I know I didn’t lose that), and I didn’t lose my arena stars (still in second place in this week’s contest).

I still feel like I’m out a LOT of time (and PAID FOR spells), in addition to the 3000+ feathers I’m missing this time (and about 2000 feathers lost over the weekend).

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Has anyone ever written to Rovio support and been compensated or had their feathers restored? (I’m going to start screen shotting after ever session, just in case I need to prove it).

One Angry Nester,

Jester

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

I can’t say I have lost any feathers etc this week (at least that I have noticed), but there is no doubt something is up with Rovio’s servers.

* It is taking forever to log in on most occasions, what used to take around 30 seconds, is now taking a couple of minutes, and then you end up having to reboot, as nothing loads other than the map.
    * After playing a few arena games you seem to lose connection to the server as you appear as the only person in the arena.
    * The server appears to be hanging when you finish a game in the arena.
    * According to others, the video is crashing that gives a free ticket (I have only seen it happen once)

…..and that is just the faults that I can think of, I am sure there are many more. I can only guess that Rovio is aware of the issues, and I hope someone is looking at the server issues.

ADBjester
    @adbjester

I might not have noticed it either time, had it not been for the fact that I’d just leveled up birds each time. When you accomplish something like leveling them all up to 13’s, you don’t forget that it’s happened, so when you see a 12 pop back up, you know something’s up.

Pay attention, feather collectors — you might be getting plucked.

Jester

ADBjester
    @adbjester

I wrote to Rovio support asking for my feathers back.

I’ll post here in mid-September when I get a reply. <sigh>

Jester

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Sounds like your game is doing a backup, maybe your device backs up to the iCloud? Then after it crashes it is doing a restore from the last point it was backed up. Different parts of the game are stored in different places, some on the device and some with Rovio.

ADBjester
    @adbjester

I *finally* saw someone rolled back to one star. I was rolled back by 400+ stars myself (a separate event from the crash described above), but this still left me in first place.

I have my suspicions as to what happened, and it isn’t “cheating” so much as exploiting bugs.

Yesterday, the player in question RACED past me by hundreds, so I did what I normally do — I started throwing my banked tickets at it and played many, many rounds.

After a few rounds I noticed that when I’d choose three spells (not the most powerful two), my “spell count” would not go down the next time. It was as if I had an unlimited supply of spells. (Sometimes, it would deduct ONE, but not the other two, etc).

I suspect that the player that was demoted to 1 star achieved *all* of his stars that way, resulting in his demotion, and that I was docked those stars I earned last night but left with the stars from Saturday and Sunday where my spells were deducted.

I’d say this isn’t cheating so much as taking advantage of a bug… but the answer is for Rovio to fix the bug, rather than to spend time chasing down those exploiting it.

Jester

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Losing feathers after hangs

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.