Loosing Bird Coins as Rovio "Policy"

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Loosing Bird Coins as Rovio "Policy"

• I just synced a Guest account I’d been using to Facebook in order to transfer my progress to another device. In doing so I suddenly lost 6,000-7,000 bird coins I’d accumulated. Why on earth would progress within leagues and slingshots be transferred, but not bird coins and power-ups?

From the official ABF friends FAQ:
    “Currently the game works so, that it will not transfer free things to existing accounts.”

This is a bit ridiculous. I cannot comprehend why you should loose all bird coins you’ve earned if you sync with Facebook, regardless if you’d had an existing account, especially if they can transfer your Guest account progress without issue.

I can accept that Rovio is a business, and ultimately wants you to make bird coin purchases. They want to design guest play as “temporary”? Fine.

What I can’t accept is not warning players they’ll loose things beforehand. If I had known this I, and I’m sure others, would take a completely different approach in transferring progress.

The obvious thing, from Rovio’s POV is that I can purchase coins to continue playing in the top leagues. (There’s no way to remain competitive with them.) But do they think their users will shell out money after having the equivalent of 30-40 euro worth of coins wiped out without warning?

Yeah, right. Off to find another game to spend my time on.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • sal9
    @sal9

@benn333 Keep in mind that many of those “policies” are established by Facebook, not Rovio.

benn333
    @benn333

Sorry, but that’s unlikely. Note the fine print from the FAQ quoted above: “…not transfer free things to _existing_ accounts.”

I synced progress through Facebook once before, under similar circumstances, and it transferred everything. This time, *poof* coins gone.

It’s highly unlikely Facebook would be behind this; they have nothing to gain. Besides, I’m sure paid-for coins transfer. A lot more folks would be up in arms otherwise.

Joy C Wood
    @joy-c-wood

Did Facebook or Rovio do anything for you? I had a similar thing happened I did not transfer I dro I did not transfer I dropped my phone and it broke and I lost everything on my guest account. Please reply.

Joy C Wood
    @joy-c-wood

Trust me I am up in arms about this. And I will continue to try to get my coins and everything I lost back.

Joy C Wood
    @joy-c-wood

Still have not heard the final answer from Rovio. But they are communicating with me. I put another post as soon as I hear something. If I had transferred I would not be going through all this I dropped my phone and it broke I should not be punished for that. Well I guess I kind of was I had to get a new phone. Cha ching

Alan
    @alan-leon-wautier

Joy C Wood,
    I feel your pain but there’s a better way to get PUs you may want to check this Nest ABF Forum post:

Earn Thousands of Bird Coins & Power-ups FREE!

good luck :)

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Loosing Bird Coins as Rovio "Policy"

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.