List of Changed Levels in AB2 (Updated 5/22/2018)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum List of Changed Levels in AB2 (Updated 5/22/2018)

• *UPDATED FOR 2.20*

Almost every time Angry Birds 2 gets a major update, some of the levels are changed in some form or another. For those who are interested in the game’s replayability, this list will analyze the levels to determine which of the levels were changed, and how.

Note: In the event that rooms or levels are switched, any additional changes will be noted in their new locations.

Categories:
    Switched Levels – Levels that have been switched.
    Major – Levels with new rooms, different special pigs, or alternate terrain layouts. This is the only category that will have specific descriptions of each change.
    Moderate – Changes that have many towers with different constraints, or rooms that have been switched.
    Minor – Changes that have a few towers with different constraints, or a different number of floating towers.
    Trivial – Changes that usually involve how many pigs or TNTs appear in a room.

–2.20–
    Bird Unlocking Changed
    This update changed the way birds are unlocked. Now, completing certain levels (the ones that formerly unlocked the birds) will give you a key, which you can use to unlock any of the birds; you will then be taken to a single tutorial room (which were formerly in the campaign levels) to practice using this bird. The tutorial rooms on the map (noted below) have been changed to more generic rooms.
    No Longer Tutorial Levels
    Feathery Hills – 2, 4
    New Pork City – 16, 23
    Eggchanted Woods – 36, 44

–2.19–
    No changes

–2.18–
    No changes.

–2.17–
    Map chests for the chapters Lichtenswine (levels 1341-1380) and Porka Rica (1381-1420) have been changed. They used to all be 20 feathers for Red; now they award 100-200 feathers for different birds.

–2.16–
    No changes.

–2.15–
    No changes.

–2.14–
    No Longer Has “Estimated Score Multiplier” Variable
    Eggchanted Woods – 39, 47
    All of The Hamalayas – 581-620
    All of Missispiggy Rivers – 1021-1060
    Got Ham City – 1113

–2.13–
    Minor
    Feathery Hills – 12, 19
    New Pork City – 17, 18, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 31, 32
    Eggchanted Woods – 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
    Trivial
    Feathery Hills – 1

–2.12–
    Switched Levels
    Feathery Hills – 0/1
    Major
    Feathery Hills – 1: The original first level has been moved to a “tutorial” level that is only playable when the game is first opened. Level 1 has been completely redesigned.
    Trivial
    Eggchanted Woods – 41
    Greasy Swamp – 130
    Ham Francisco – 412

–2.11–
    Major
    Feathery Hills – 5: The boss room has been redesigned somewhat.
    Feathery Hills – 13: Umbrella Pigs no longer appear in this level.
    Feathery Hills – 14: This level is no longer a “Score Level.”
    New Pork City – 28: The first room has been removed.
    Eggchanted Woods – 37-60: Gravity Pigs, Balloon Pigs, Helmet Pigs, Umbrella Pigs, and Golden Pigs appear now in normal gameplay.
    Chirp Valley – 64: The first room has been replaced with the Ring of Fire tutorial, and the order of the three remaining rooms has been switched (All other Chirp Valley levels listed in this update now have the Ring of Fire active in one room).
    Minor
    Feathery Hills – 3, 6, 7, 9, 11
    Chirp Valley – 66, 70
    Trivial
    Feathery Hills – 8, 15
    Chirp Valley – 65, 67, 68, 72, 73, 74, 76, 77, 79, 81, 82, 83, 85, 86, 88, 89

–2.10–
    Major
    Eggchanted Woods – 39-60: Polymorpher Pigs, Balloon Pigs, Helmet Pigs, Umbrella Pigs, and Golden Pigs no longer appear in normal playthroughs.
    Other: Many levels from Pigsyland levels onward have increased post-level feather rewards.
    Trivial
    New Pork City – 19

–2.9–
    Major
    Feathery Hills – 14: This level is now a “Score Level.”
    New Pork City – 18: This level is now a “Score Level.”
    New Pork City – 32: This level is now a “Score Level.”
    Eggchanted Woods – 41: This level is now a “Score Level.”
    Chirp Valley – 63: This level is now a “Score Level.”

–2.8–
    Switched Levels
    Eggchanted Woods – 50/51
    Major
    Feathery Hills – 3: The first room has a different terrain layout, and the second room has a different tower.
    Feathery Hills – 5: The first room has a different terrain layout with different constraints.
    Feathery Hills – 10: The first room has a different terrain layout.
    Feathery Hills – 13: The first room has a different terrain layout.
    New Pork City – 16: The third room has been removed, and some constraints were changed in the second room.
    New Pork City – 17: The first room has a different terrain layout, and some constraints were changed in the second room.
    New Pork City – 19: The first room has a different terrain layout, and the constraints in the second room have been changed.
    New Pork City – 20: The third room has been removed.
    Eggchanted Woods – 39: The fourth room is now the first boss level.
    Eggchanted Woods – 43: The third room has been changed from the first boss level to the second boss level.
    Eggchanted Woods – 47: The third room is now the third boss level.
    Eggchanted Woods – 50: As well as being switched with level 51, there is a new room between the first and second (now third) rooms, and the fourth room is now a new, fourth boss level against Chef Pig.
    Eggchanted Woods – 60: The second room has been replaced with two new rooms, and the final room is now a new, sixth boss level against King Pig.
    Minor
    Feathery Hills – 6, 7, 9
    New Pork City – 22, 24, 26, 28
    Pigsyland – 257
    Trivial
    Pigsyland – 241
    Fluttering Heights – 321

–2.7–
    Switched Levels
    New Pork City – 32/33
    Snotting Hill – 298/299
    Major
    New Pork City – 17: The first room has been removed.
    New Pork City – 19: The first room has been removed, and the remaining two rooms have been switched.
    New Pork City – 20: The second and third rooms have different terrain layouts.
    New Pork City – 26: The third room has been removed.
    New Pork City – 31: The second and third rooms have been switched, and the (now) third room has a different terrain layout.
    New Pork City – 32: As well as being switched with level 33, the first three rooms have been completely renovated.
    New Pork City – 33: As well as being switched with level 32, the second room has been removed.
    Eggchanted Woods – 47: The second and third rooms have been switched, with some constraints changed, and the fourth room has been removed.
    Eggchanted Woods – 55: The second room has been removed, and the final room is now a new boss level against Foreman Pig.
    Chirp Valley – 65: The third and fourth rooms have been switched, and the fifth room has been removed.
    Chirp Valley – 68: The second room has been removed, and the next three rooms have been switched with each other.
    Pigsyland – 251: The first room has been removed.
    Pigsyland – 262: There is a new room between the first and second (now third) rooms, and what was originally the fourth room has been removed.
    Snotting Hill – 298: As well as being switched with level 299, the sixth room has been removed. Several constraints have been changed as well.
    Snotting Hill – 301: The final room has been moved to become the first one, the original first room has been removed, and the second and third rooms have been switched.
    Snotting Hill – 302: The third room has been removed.
    Snotting Hill – 303: The fourth room has been removed.
    Snotting Hill – 319: The fifth room has been removed. Several constraints have been changed as well.
    Mount Evernest – 380: The first room has a new layout. Several constraints have been changed as well.
    Mount Evernest – 399: The sixth room has been removed. Several constraints have been changed as well.
    Gravity Grove – 513: The third and fourth rooms have different layouts. Several constraints have been changed as well.
    Moderate
    Feathery Hills – 9
    New Pork City – 21, 24, 28
    Eggchanted Woods – 39
    Shangham – 94, 95, 98, 105, 110, 117, 118
    Steakholm – 185
    Misty Mire – 238
    Gravity Grove – 520
    Minor
    New Pork City – 22, 30, 35
    Eggchanted Woods – 38, 43, 49
    Shangham – 108
    Greasy Swamp – 122, 123, 140
    Misty Mire – 239
    Pigsyland – 266, 267
    Mount Evernest – 366
    Ham Francisco – 420
    Trivial
    Eggchanted Woods – 41, 42, 46, 48
    Chirp Valley – 64
    Shangham – 106, 107
    Misty Mire – 237
    Pigsyland – 246, 252, 257, 261, 272, 273
    Snotting Hill – 305

–2.6–
    Trivial
    Ham Francisco – 411, 412, 421

–2.5–
    Major
    New Pork City – 17: The first room has a different terrain layout, but still only one tower of the same size. Many tower constraints have changed as well.
    New Pork City – 19: The first room has a different terrain layout, but still only one tower of the same size. Many tower constraints have changed as well.
    New Pork City – 24: The second and third rooms have different terrain layouts; the third room’s towers are different sizes too. Also some tower constraints have changed.
    New Pork City – 26: The third room has a different terrain layout, but the towers are the same sizes.
    New Pork City – 28: For the most part, this level seems to have reverted back to the pre-2.2 version. The first two rooms have different terrain layouts, Balloon Pigs appear more frequently, and many tower constraints were changed.
    Eggchanted Woods – 38: The second room has been removed.
    Eggchanted Woods – 42: The second room has been removed, and the last two rooms have been swapped; some tower constraints were changed as well.
    Moderate
    New Pork City – 27
    Eggchanted Woods – 39
    Minor
    Eggchanted Woods – 40
    Trivial
    New Pork City – 25

–2.4–
    Trivial
    New Pork City – 25
    Pigsyland – 244, 265, 272

–2.3–
    No changes.

–2.2–
    Switched Levels
    Chirp Valley – 63/64, 78/79
    Shangham – 103/104, 106/107, 108/109, 112/115, 118/119
    Greasy Swamp – 121/126
    Greenerville – 161/164, 178/179
    Steakholm – 185/186, 188/189, 195/198
    Major
    New Pork City – 22: The boss level has been completely redesigned.
    New Pork City – 28: The first two rooms seem to have switched layouts, and Balloon Pigs appear less frequently.
    Shangham – 110: The fourth room has a different layout.
    Greenerville – 179: The fifth room has a different layout.
    Pigsyland – 246: There is a new room between the third and fourth (now fifth) rooms.
    Pigsyland – 251: There is a new room between the fourth and fifth (now sixth) rooms.
    Pigsyland – 252: There is a new room between the fourth and fifth (now sixth) rooms.
    Pigsyland – 255: There is a new room between the third and fourth (now fifth) rooms.
    Moderate
    New Pork City – 27
    Eggchanted Woods – 58
    Eggchanted Woods – 42
    Chirp Valley – 63, 64
    Shangham – 91, 102, 109, 115
    Greasy Swamp – 123, 125, 144
    Greenerville – 153, 165, 169, 172, 175
    Steakholm – 185, 186
    Minor
    Eggchanted Woods – 55
    Chirp Valley – 87
    Shangham – 98, 111
    Greasy Swamp – 121, 130
    Greenerville – 154, 157, 161, 164, 180
    Pigsyland – 243, 244, 248, 258
    Trivial
    New Pork City – 30, 33, 34, 35
    Eggchanted Woods – 37, 43, 50, 54, 60
    Chirp Valley – 65, 68, 70, 74
    Shangham – 103, 112, 118
    Greenerville – 156
    Steakholm – 195, 198
    Pigsyland – 241, 242, 245, 247, 249, 250, 253

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • Replies
  • Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

I was going to ask our level designers for a list like this, but you were quicker. Most impressive, thank you!

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@rizdub this is amazing! will you make a list of the pigs in AB2 next?

dmsral
    @dmsral

Thank you @rizdub, awesome list!

I noticed last night that level 34 now only has 2 rooms, original walkthrough video shows 3.

magsy79
    @magsy79

Ugh, what does this mean for the leaderboards??

RizDub
    @rizdub

@rowdypup – Could you explain what you mean by this? Do you mean which pigs are in which levels, or a comprehensive list of the types of pigs throughout the game?

burbman
    @burbman

Thank you for putting this together @rizdub very helpful.

@sal9
    – Here is a full list of the changes with the latest update. Is it possible to have the leaderboards automatically swap applicable scores for entries made prior to this release? If not, leaderboards are going to be a real mishmash, as some of the swapped levels have significant differences in scoring potential.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@rizdub I mean throughout the game- we have a lot of topics about “Pig Classification” around the nest, but they get abandoned after a week and never get finished- so, we (yes, all of us Nesters) would think that a FULL list of Pigs in 2 would be nice

RizDub
    @rizdub

@rowdypup – @partshade has already made a list like this, and using the data files, I can confirm that this is a complete list (except for the bosses of course).

Anonymous

@rowdypup My guide actually is finished and won’t be abandoned for a long time. Infact I’m about to update it again soon.

sparty83
    @sparty83

@rizdub,
    Great list and thanks a lot!

But a MAJOR FAIL to Rovio! Really, 33 levels (7 Major Overhauls and 26, or 13 pairs of Switched Levels) that are completely different? Where is the quality control? Was there one team working on the original release and a second team working on the update and the 2 teams never talked to each other?

I’m not sure how many people remember when Rovio swapped Rio Airfield Chase levels 10 and 11 but that was a fiasco. Now this? I can understand a minor tweak to a level here and there but this is just unacceptable. More than 10% have a significant change and what seems like about 90% have some sort of change.

I hope the people who worked on AB2 NEVER are allowed to work on AB, AB Rio, AB Seasons or any other AB Game.

I’m at a loss!

And Rovio should be embarrassed that a member of the ‘Nest was able to figure out this list before thy could.

sal9
    @sal9

@sparty83 Seems that the beta testing phase is not over :)

sparty83
    @sparty83

@sal9, I thought that’s what “Under Pigstruction” was?

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

We will continuously iterate on the game and try to improve it, even after release. In most cases, this is a good thing for everyone. I understand that some changes may have negative impact on some players though, in this case, from what I understand problems with the Nest’s internal leaderboards. When this happens, we’re more than happy to listen to civil constructive feedback (preferably in the form of specific requests), and take that into account when evaluating if something should be fixed or if it’s better left alone in future updates.

AngryAngers
    @dungphant

Hmm… Lvl 1 is also changed right after the worldwide release. Previously, it was a 1-stage level. Now it has 2 stages (or rooms.)

wrw01
    @wrw01

@rizdub
    Thank you for making this list. This will be a great asset when playing and replaying the levels.

RizDub
    @rizdub

So good news for everyone – after looking through the files of the latest update, it seems like none of the previous levels have been changed or switched in any way!

RizDub
    @rizdub

Updated list for 2.4.0 update. Only a few changes. All changes are minor, and some won’t affect gameplay at all.

sparty83
    @sparty83

@bankler,
    Since the massive change to the scoring in the latest release, here are a few requests I have for AB2.

1) Unlimited lives. Since I now have to re-play all levels due to the new scoring change, It will take forever to replay them with just 5 lives. All other Angry Birds (original, Seasons, Rio, Space, Star Wars and Star Wars2, Friends) all have unlimited lives. (unless this is some sort of plan by Rovio to increase game longevity)
    2) Stop with the massive changes. I have no problems with tweaking a level or 2 to fix a bug/issue with the level, but the changes that have happened with AB2 are off the charts. First, adding additional rooms to approx 10% of the levels which increased scores and swapping levels with each other was bad enough, but the whole new scoring system in the latest update is just crazy. I lost 7 top scores in the blink of an eye due to the scoring change. Now I’m stuck playing just in the arena (only 2 times every 3 hours) to rank up my birds just to compete on a level playing field. Not to mention all the new people who have no ranks on their birds. How are they supposed to compete?
    3)Explain Arena Star scoring system. One time I got 5 stars by a winning score of 1,833,656 to 1,743,477, or 5% better. Then I got 7 stars by a winning score of 2,074,192 to 1,321,471 or 56% better. Is it based on score difference or winners score? And how are stars allocated?

I have been playing AB in one form or another since April 2011 and the constant and massive changes from update to update in AB2 is unprecedented, and in my opinion, quite un-professional.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos –See Sparty’s comment above.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@sparty83 Regarding 1 and 2 I can confirm that I’ve read and understood your feedback.

Regarding 3, I hope I can be of more use:

If you win, you will always get 5 stars. Depending on the score difference you will get some additional stars. If your score is twice as high as your opponent’s, you’ll get 10 stars (maximum). So I guess you can say that for every 20% you beat your opponent with, you get an extra star in addition to the five “free” (which seems to align with your tests). Did that make any sense?

sparty83
    @sparty83

@bankler,

Thanks for explaining the stars in the Arena. Yes, that does make sence.
    And thanks for the reply

RizDub
    @rizdub

Updated list for 2.5.0 update. New Pork City and Eggchanted Woods have had several changes made (many of them are Major Overhauls), but nothing else has changed.

sparty83
    @sparty83

Ok, that’s it!

@bankler
    . I am done with AB2
    The last update finally did it for me. Again they make massive changes to levels. At least a dozen of them, maybe more.
    They also changed the Stars Scoring for the Arena. Below is a screen cap showing me getting 10 stars. From banklers comment above, I should have doubled my opponents score to get 10 stars but as you can see, It’s not quite double. Also, the progress bar is not all the way to the right, indicating that more start are available.

This is just getting out of hand. Each and every update to AB2 has some massive change to the game. There is no consistency. How is one supposed to compete on a level playing field when the playing field is changed so drastically each time there is an update.

So, Goodbye AB2, I would like to say it was fun while it lasted but its just been frustrating from the get go.

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/sparty83/album/picture/18216/

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@sparty83 Regarding this specific example (I understand that your frustration is not limited to this). Yes, it was changed. As for now, it’s:
    5 stars – 100%, 6 stars – 107%, 7 stars – 114%, 8 stars – 125%, 9 stars – 145%, 10 stars – 180%

Before the change, almost all our winners got exactly 5 stars, and we thought that felt a little dull. We felt that a 120% win for instance, is quite an accomplishment, so we wanted to acknowledge that to the player. Just like your (quite incredible in my opinion) 180%+ run in the screenshot, which I personally think is fair to award with 10 stars.

As for the progress bar, I admit that looks misleading. At this point, you cannot get more than 10 stars. I’ll poke somebody about this. :)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum List of Changed Levels in AB2 (Updated 5/22/2018)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.