Limited Edition Characters

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Limited Edition Characters

• Rovio needs to give us away to buy limited-edition characters if we don’t get enough tokens to earn them in the special events.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

The only way to get nemesis prime and rodimus when they were available was to buy them. I do agree that rovio should bring back the limited time tfs

Paul Granger
    @paul-granger

I do not think I agree with that. What about all of the people that worked there butt off to get them in the first place, or paid money for them when they were available? It would lesson their accomplishments if everyone else could get them now. Unless the other people got their money refunded, or gems they used returned, or accessories the other people could not get, I don’t think they should be available again. Just mu 2 cents worth.

wrw01
    @wrw01

my $0.01 worth of thoughts:

1. The transformers that were purchased for cash money, just re-offer them for sale for a week or two. That way anyone who missed purchasing them previously can have another chance to obtain the cash-related characters. In addition, the folks who previously purchased them did not spend any gems, pigs, coins or effort to obtain them, they just offered up their credit card. If a flinger did not want to spend the money previously and had a change of mind or an increase in their budget this will provide an opportunity to get the transformers and make some money for Rovio. Win-Win for all.

2. For the transformers that were previous “Game Exclusives” lets just have another competition(s) so others will have a chance to obtain them like the previous competitors.
    For those that obtained the “Exclusives” through the past competitions, insert some items to customize other transformers that were not offered previously in any other competition. That way the interest to play will remain to obtain the customized items to the past flingers who obtained the “Game Exclusives” by providing them something new.
    Nothing is totally “fair” and the short coming is to the flingers who are obtaining the “Exclusives” may not have enough time or tokens to obtain the new customize items. But at the least, the opportunity has been provided to obtain the “Game Exclusives” transformers just like the previous flingers and their accomplishments would not be lessened by doing so. If I remember correctly, it was advertised as “Game Exclusives” not “One time Exclusives”.

Hi @gradientturtle7 @arceemega, what do you folks think?

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@wejacks26 I got frustrated with the cost of Nemesis Prime [$14.99!], so I deleted th egame and missed NP, Rodimus, Shockwave, and Epic Optimus before “cooling down” (robot joke BTW) and returning to get Windblade- so here I am now, missing 5 Transformers to complee my collection

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@rowdypup I never got the chance to get Nemesis Prime, Rodimus Prime, ShockWave but I did grind for Epic Optimus Prime. However, the game is so boring and during competitions, it’s even more boring to do the same stuff over and over again for a whole day. So I uninstalled the game. I was also missing 4 characters but I don’t care about Angry Birds Transformers anymore.

beaups
    @grathe

Agreed. I missed out on EOP due to life getting in the way so I couldn’t play enough to make the 6000 tokens (that bar was set too high IMO). I would really love another Crack at getting him. Sucks missing that one character out of the squad and have no way to get him.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

I missed out on all 5 limited time tfs because I didn’t have enough time to play the competitions and plus I play abt offline most of the time because the ads are annoying

wrw01
    @wrw01

@gradientturtle7 @arceemega

Any thought on the posts in this forum?
    It appears there are a lot of flingers who would like to obtain another chance at getting the exclusives.

Are you folks in a “hold” pattern by Rovio?
    It has been very silent for the last two to three weeks.
    What is happening?
    Busy with other matters?
    Making a great update to the game?

birdboy
    @birdboy2016hot

Rovio should bring back the limited time tfs if you mis out.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Hi @wrw01. It’s been a very busy past few weeks, but I’ll do my best to catch up responding to some of the posts here.

As you’ve no doubt seen by now, we will be offering players additional opportunities to unlock characters that were available in past events. We are also exploring ways to make these events more rewarding for those players who have already unlocked the characters.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@gradientturtle7

I have been playing only for the coins but I see you have provided another chance for the folks to obtain the transformer and items they missed, which is great.

The most frequent request I have observed is for the transformers that cost money. As I stated above just offer them again for the same price for all those that missed of promotion or had a change of mind to spend the money. That way all of us who spent the money will not feel cheated out of the revenue if it was offered for free via tokens.

Glad to see you are still on the job.

I like the changes made in the new tournament, nice work at play.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Thank you, @gradientturtle7 that’s good to know. This competition is fun/interesting although the Tfs are weaker than they are in the regular nodes and for level 15 accessorized characters. Having the bonuses is a good idea because you can strategize when to spend gems, which allows you to stay caught up without staying up all night.

Although I already have Shockwave, I was glad to see him offered again for those who couldn’t unlock him. Nobody wants to see empty slots in their barracks and as I have had him long enough to enjoy playing/upgrading him, it in no way diminishes his value to me to see him offered again.

Nicely done!

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@wrw01 I agree there are people complaining about having missed the opportunity to purchase Nemesis and Rodimus, however I believe a lot of players simply passed on paying for them at the time. Here in the US, Nemesis was outrageously priced at $14.99 and while Rodimus was a better value proposition at $4.99, they were both offered at a time the app was “taking” gems, coins, achievements, etc., via bugs with no recompense offered from Rovio. Additionally, all of the other characters were unlocked by simply playing the game, using accumulated game resources such as coins/pigs/missions. The switch to actual money was abrupt and felt like a slap in the face at the time, keeping in mind the game actually has not been updated.

I much prefer to unlock the characters through gameplay. That’s why I “play” this game. Having said all that, players spending money on gems during the competitions seems like a better business model for Ftp game. Jmo…

Wejacks26
    @wejacks26

They really need to put out a couple of new characters that you can just unlock like you could in the old days. Or expand the island. I’m a level 395 with every Transformer a level 13 or above and I have been playing the same areas of the island for almost 2 years I think

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@gradientturtle,

Thanks for dropping by.

If you want to give cool rewards, check which TFs people are using most in competitions — I conjecture Grimlocks will be high on the list — and offer strong accessories for those.

If it is Grimlocks, I imagine you have a bit of an art issue, since they’re quadrapeds — but for starters you could take existing accessories/accessory models and make them more powerful.

Also, I have a question — we’re going to earn a LOT of tokens in this contest beyond those needed to buy the accessories, assuming we already had Shockwave. So, that makes it interesting to know — is the fact that this competition is named after the year an indication that the tokens will roll over to later contests?

Wejacks26
    @wejacks26

Absolutely. It would be wonderful to know if these tokens are going to roll over to the later contest. Because normally once I get all of the items I just spend the rest on coins which is just useless anyway. I would save them if I knew I could use them later

dmsral
    @dmsral

You have to finish high every day to win enough tokens to unlock a character, which limits the number of people who can obtain the character during a tournament. That makes it special for some people but alienates a lot of others. Maybe something like a sliding scale to “purchase” the character with coins, gems or real money, but the amounts needed decreases as the player gets closer to amount of tokens needed by playing in a tournament.

Example: 5000 tokens to unlock the character, but 1,000,000 coins, 1000 gems or $4.99 will also do it. However, if the player earned some tokens, the prices drop. Let’s say they only get to 4000 tokens in the tournament. Prices at this point would be 200,000 coins, 200 gems or $0.99 to finish the unlock process.

Just a thought.

Christinesmiles
    @christinesmiles

Lesson learned: in the latest challenge I could have unlocked Optimus Prime, but stupidly spent my tokens on the hats first. I ended the challenge with 4440 tokens – SO CLOSE to the 5000 I needed, but not close enough! I most definitely do not need any more coins especially 4440 tokens worth!
    Too bad we can’t somehow use the tokens and make up the rest with coins or even gems although I tend to hoard those. You never know when you might need them!
    Anyway, next time I’ll wait to spend my tokens until the challenge is completely over. I would rather have a new transformer than that dumb donkey hat!

Nicholas Voutsinas
    @nicholas-voutsinas

I’m playing AB Transformers on my Smsg tab. I’ve been unlocking all my characters by upgrading and reaching a new level. I’m currently on level 232 and I don’t see anymore levels to unlock on the island. So what’s the deal? There’s obviously going to be more levels as I’m upgrading my characters. The next level should open Nemesis Prime but I don’t see a level to unlock on the island to get him. Help?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@nicholas-voutsinas

25 x 15 = 375 levels come from TFs unlocked on the map.

4 x 15 = 60 levels come from TFs earned in missions

6 x 15 = 90 levels are exclusive TFs earned in special events (Acid Storm, Shockwave, Epic Optimus, Windblade) or bought with cold hard cash (Rodimus and Nemesis Prime)

So you still have plenty of more levels to go. You should be able to hit level 435 without any of the exclusives. Check your barracks to see if you’re missing any of the earlier TFs, as that affects what parts of the map become uncovered.

HHal2000
    @halim-hanna

Nemesis Prime should always be available for purchase anytime. Why limit the time period? just leave the item in the gem shop. Just like Might Eagle is always available for purchase in other games.

It does not make business sense to withdraw that character from the shop.

Anonymous

I agree with everything mentioned in this topic.

Anonymous

Rodimus is coming back soon!Don’t know about Nemesis…

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Limited Edition Characters

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.