Levels keep re-setting after being completed

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Levels keep re-setting after being completed

• I’ve noticed recently that, upon successfully completing a level, the Transformer head icon doesn’t disappear, no coins/killed pigs are up-dated, and I have to replay the level – sometimes as many as 5 times before it finally registers as completed.

I’m on level 111 if that’s of any relevance, this has only been happening for the past few days, regardless of whether or not I thank my buddy – very frustrating as I’m finishing certain levels with very high amounts of coins but these don’t register. In fact, I have to repair my bots usually so the game is at least registering the damage!!!

Any help??

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Replies
  • boston_fan
    @bostonma1971

What OS / device are you on?

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Iphone, version 7.0.6. the game was fine till a few days ago, am now re-playing the same levels over and over!

boston_fan
    @bostonma1971

Yikes.. That may be the issue. I’m on iPhone version 8.1 and just noticed that 8.1.1 is available. I believe when ABT came out Apple was already on iOS 8 so you might want to consider installing 8.

Kelani
    @kelani

@cerpin Try what boston_fan suggested. And if that fails, you may want to open a support ticket with Rovio. You can do that here: http://www.rovio.com/en/about-us/contact

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Thanks for the advice – I’ve updated IOS, the problem persists – not for all levels, but certain characters such as Megatron. I’ll defeat the level but then when it returns to the map, another level waiting to be played will disappear!

Scottsnick
    @scottsnick

Yep, been happening to me too for a couple of days! Not on all missions, but enought to be annoying. And you get DOUBLE DINGED because while it doesn’t register the pigs or coins you earned by completing the mission, it DOES register the damage to your bird’s armor. So you have to spend MORE coins to power up again.

I did the IOS update for my iPad a few days ago. No clue if there’s a causal relationship.

boston_fan
    @bostonma1971

I’m not sure if there is a relationship either, however from a troubleshooting point of view, it saves time with Rovio if you both can say yes, did that.

The only other bit of device troubleshooting I can offer is to completely close out of the app by double tapping the home button on iPhone/iPad respectively, then swipe up to close it, then relaunch. That works for me when things get funky with the game.

Outside of that, as @kelani said.. Contact Rovio. I hope they don’t say uninstall/reinstall bc it became corrupt. Have either of you been time traveling ahead for coins? As I’ve mentioned in a couple other threads, a friend of mine corrupted his app that way and had to uninstall/reinstall.

bigorange
    @bigorange

I have more or less the same problem as the topistarter,
    I don’t get the earned coins & pigs after completing a level,
    The icon of the played level stays and I have to replay the level, damage has to be restored.

When this happens, one of the other levels who ar ready to be played, vannishes without I can play it.

I’m on Samsung galaxy S3 Neo with android 4.4

Au
    @arushss

i have been playing on my samsung galaxy note (Android) and such instances have been occurring since last week.. i think its a bug which needs to be sorted out from Rovio

h82loze
    @h82loze

This hasn’t been fixed in the most recent update for the Android version, 1.2.13. I had started to encounter this problem a few days after this thread was started. Force quitting the app and rebooting do nothing to help. Sometimes you complete a level and you get the results, sometimes you don’t. I haven’t kept track if it is to particular characters, but I believe it is not. It randomly happens to many characters, but not always. It really sucks when you watch a video to double your reward too and don’t get anything.

So I was hoping that the just released update would resolve the issue, but sadly it did not. The update can add in-game advertising/product placement for State Farm, but it can’t fix serious bugs.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

I’m still having the problem on iOS, however I have noticed that, when asked if you want to say thanks to your team mate, saying no seems to reduce the bug. Of course that could be a coincidence, just hope its fixed with the next up-date.

foxberg
    @foxberg

@cerpin I have exactly the same issue. iPhone 6 with the latest iOS. I’m on level 99. The issue started somewhere after level 90, I think.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

I didn’t noticed it yet, but it may still. Otherwise, they at least introduced the Skywarp to defeat the levels surely for us. (for gems, unfortunately)

Jheurf
    @jheurf

I’m on level 116 and it’s been getting worse. It used to happen a few times, now it’s more than half.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This started happening to me in the past day or so.

No pattern that I can discern – all area types, different TFs.

Level 118

iOS 8.1.1

ABT 1.1.18

(All the 1s and 8s are purely a coincidence ….)

legnets123
    @legnets123

This has been happening to me for at least a week. I play on a iPad2, ios is the current version. I’m level 140-something. Between having to pay coins to repair damage received while playing an event where I didn’t receive the coins and the actual coins themselves, I would guess I’m short well over 200,000 coins. If I’d been keeping track, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was closer to 500,000. Since the cost to do any Transformer upgrades is at least 80,000 for me, I could really use to coins I’ve earned but not received.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

It’s gotten worse. Not only did the level not clear on my latest run, but the damage I took during that run remained afterwards.

legnets123
    @legnets123

Yes, that is what I’ve been experiencing for some time now. Not only do I not get the coins I’ve earned (some times over 4,000) from the run, but I have to pay to repair the damage I sustained. I’ve contacted Rovio. Haven’t heard anything yet.

h82loze
    @h82loze

You can still get your coins (probably pigs too, but I don’t pay attention to the pigs since I have an over abundance of them that are worthless at this point in the game). Another user posted how to, but it must be in another thread and not this one.

What you need to do is exit the game after one of these levels and then start the game again. I don’t know if that user was on iOS or Android. But for me, I’m on Android and need to not only exit the game, but also force quit the application.

So when I encounter one of these levels that I don’t get my coins, I just exit the game, go into settings and force quit ABT, then open up ABT. The level and damage will still exist for your character, but you will notice that your coins from the previous play have been added to your total. It’s a bit tedious, but at least I get the coins.

It actually works out as a benefit sometimes. If you have a level/character combination that yields tons of coins (love those 2000+ boards that you can then double with the video) then you can repeat it a few times to really rack up the coins.

Narc
    @narc

Forcing the app to close always solves this problem for me as well. For some levels, it’s actually a bonus because I get to replay a high coin level

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Thanks for the tip re: shutting the app completely, I’ve lost some seriously big coin hauls so any way of getting around this is much appreciated

Narc
    @narc

The only downside of this is if you recharge multiple birds/pigs and this happens. When you force the app to reset, another bird/pig (not the one you just played) disappears. I’ve wasted coins in this way (only a couple hundred). Now I only recharge one at a time.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Pattern I’ve noticed repeating:

1. Run a node. Node fails to clear. No coins or pigs are credited. Damage taken during the run does not persist. A totally different node gets cleared out instead.

2. Run the same node a second time. Node fails to clear. Coins and pigs earned on the earlier (first) run-through are credited. Damage taken during the second run-through persists. A totally different node gets cleared instead.

3. Run the same node a third time. Node finally clears. Coins and pigs earned on both the second and third run-through are credited.

Anyone else seeing this?

legnets123
    @legnets123

I’m doing better now that I’m forcing the app to close when I don’t get the coins. It did take me a while to learn that forcing app closing is different on ios8 than it was on ios7.

paulm1983
    @paulm1983

Closing apps is no different than in the previous iOS. You had to double tap your home button and slide the app up on that too. It’s surprising how many people genuinely don’t know to do this though, and just have all their apps permanently running in the background forever.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Levels keep re-setting after being completed

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.