Leveling up

Home Forums Angry Birds Evolution Forum Leveling up

• I know it’s only been 4 days – but so far what seems to be the best strategies for Leveling Up? The best strategies minimize coin usage but gives us the most XP gain.

I get a lot of 1-star birds and I am thinking the best strategy is to use those lower birds to XP-up the higher level birds within the same color group. I read something about getting the birds to a level 100 (that being the goal?).

I’ve also noticed I can get the same bird (at least) twice, and I’m trying to figure out what advantages this may have.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

It may very well just be an imagination but I believe that when you level up a bird with the exact same bird the amount of gained XP is higher.

Also, birds with more stars are better for levelling up your birds because they give a bigger XP bonus. I usually sell the 1-star birds and use the 2- and 3-star birds to level up the birds I currently use the most.

BeeBliss
    @blisscoy

@smwforever45. I’m noticing that when I use a bird of the same color, it gives you 2X XP. The health and attack points transferred to the bird leveling up were around 1/5th of the bird I was transferring from – (for a 1 star to a 3 star).

I guess I’m trying to figure out if the 10 coins I would have got for the 1 star is a better trade off than spending the 40 coins to level up 1.5 times XP, +13 health, +5 attack.

I’m doing to experiment some more and see what works out to be the best (this is a beta after all!)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@blisscoy
    I know that a bird of the same colour gives 2x XP. It even says so on a bird of the same colour when you put a bird of that colour in the slot for levelling it up. :P Shiny birds give 2x XP, too.

sparty83
    @sparty83

How do the Stars factor into it?
    I had a 2 star bird that I had leveled up to 9. Then I got a 3 star bird of the same color. I thought I could transfer (most of) the xp from the 2 star to the 3 star bird. Leveling up the 3 star (level1) with the 2 star (level 9) , my 3 star bird only leveled up to 2 or 3 (i forget which one). I was quite disappointed that it didn’t level up higher. I felt that I had wasted all that work on the Level 2 bird. I didn’t expect it to go to level 9 but it seemed to level up like I had used a 1 star level 1 of the same color.

I guess if one plays often and long enough (and maybe spends quite a bit of cash,) it is possible to get every bird to max levels.

BeeBliss
    @blisscoy

Here is one experiment I did. I used all yellow birds for this. You can get an estimate the xp, health and attack point gains by hovering your sacrifice bird over the box to see how it affects the bird you want to level up but not releasing.

I had two identical 1 star, two 2-stars of different levels, and two 3-stars of different levels.

I wrote down the expected gains with sacrificing the 1-star to the two 2-star and 3-stars (which would have cost 35 coins). I combined the identical 1 stars together (cost 35 coins).

I then compared again if I had sacrificed the higher level 1-star to both of the 2 and 3-star birds. The numbers were the same if I had not combined the identical birds at all (meaning I would be wasting 35 coins to join two birds that I could have later sacrificed individually and gotten a greater gain off of!).

I did the same comparison sacrificing the different level 2-star birds to the different level 3-star birds. Despite their levels, the gain numbers were the same.

Lesson is: stars matter, level doesn’t.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Levels do matter – just not the way you would expect.
    If you decide to level up a bird with a Level 20 birds you’ll get a higher gain than with a Level 1 bird. But it doesn’t really make sense. I’d rather keep levelling up the strong bird.

QueenElsa
    @rocketfury

-Same color birds give double xp
    -xp is based on the level of the bird itself and amount of stars (a level 20 Connie will give more xp than a level 1)
    -Each bird has set attack and health for levels, (so using a bird with higher attack will not mean it transfers)
    -getting the same attack/health from a lower star bird is because it’s still only levelling up the same amount. So while with a 3 star you could get 60% (not accurate) level increase, with a 2 you would only get 40%, but still make make it to the next level. The extra xp doesn’t get deleted, it just transfers.

BeeBliss
    @blisscoy

Just repeating back to confirm: During a transfer, ALL of the XP flows from the donator to the recipient; but depending on the bird levels, attack and health value increase will depend on the level of the bird getting juiced?

QueenElsa
    @rocketfury

All of the xp?

QueenElsa
    @rocketfury

Oh!

Mm i don’t know what the algorithm is, but if I’m using my level 20 kumiko to level up another bird, it’s going to be more than if she was level 1.

And if Kumiko is being leveld up, it doesn’t matter to her stats what bird does the levelling. Any bird getting her to level 2, will get the same result.

the only difference is: let’s say the xp needed to level up was 100.
    a level 1 one-star will give you 120,
    and a level 1 two-star will give you 140.
    a level 2 one-star might give you 125! I think! idk. It’s not as impressive, but does add up.
    (all numbers made up for dis example)

BeeBliss
    @blisscoy

@rocketfury, I understand a bit more now. I’m thinking about playing strategies based on what you described above.
    Thanks!

BeeBliss
    @blisscoy

Just to report back, I’m not seeing any benefit to leveling up birds if I plan on using them to boost the XP of another bird later on. I boosted a 3-star to a level 5 and when I used him to boost a different 3-star bird (same color), I only got a 2 level increase. Then, on the same 3-star bird who was up to a level-10 by then, I used two 1-star level-1 birds (same color) and got almost the same level boost of 2-level increase.

Kate Shockney
    @kate-shockney

So let’s say I have a level 20 3-star bird is it stronger then a level 40 2-star bird?

It mentions that a 2 star at level 1 is stronger then a 1 star at level 9.

Has anyone figured out exactly how much impact the stars have on strength?

Thanks all!

Remy

Still looking for help on this.  I do know that if you level up a bird and sell it the bird is worth more.  For example a one star bird that has not been leveled up is worth 10 gold.  Once it has increased it is worth more to sell.  Only problem is it is not even as close to what it cost me to get it to that level.

Home Forums Angry Birds Evolution Forum Leveling up

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.