Level 80 is coming with next update

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Level 80 is coming with next update

• Saw this on the fb page

Screenshot_20170420-075413.png

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

*sigh*

I’ve been hanging around playing to level up mastery, and I have many birds up to 70.

Why did I bother? Why didn’t I really quit when I said I was going to quit? Now it really is all for nothing, and there is no way I am going to try to slog it out from 70 to 80. It has taken months to just get from the mid 60s to 70 for every bird, and that is with grinding the Pool throughout all my weekday work hours. Ridiculous. If I did slog it out, it is almost a sure thing that the level would be raised to 90 before I hit 80, and I’ve been told the game looks like it would handle leveling up all the way to 100.

I’ll finish this event and then quit as soon as the update comes out I guess. Seriously, is anyone (who isn’t a huge $$$ spender) going to hang around just to grind and participate in the occasional (or not so occasional — they’ve been almost non-stop) event?

Thanks,
    sutekh137

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Welp.
    I’ll never be able to hit Max Level for all birds unless I spend tons of money on LC’s to buy all the Mastery at the Dojo… why don’t I just give up?

Joey
    @joeyba

whats the point?? 80 then 90 than 100 and so on!
    nothing is changing. just more frustration. I see the end is near for me! June is end for me if things keep the same and nothing changes.

Pointless
    @pointless

I am interested what the game will bring after the next (and last) wave of Elites. If it is something like a gloss over recycling (Super-de-Duper Elites! Stay Tuned!), then that final hammer fall on the final nail will have truly arrived…

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@pointless
    I am with you.

ddiequez
    @ddiequez

This is frustrating as I like the game, but I am at 70 for most of my classes, and I really don’t want to AGAIN grind to get to level 80. I’ve been playing for a while and I went from 12 to 16, then the max went to 60, and 70 and now 80…. I don’t feel that the two caves are really anything new. I’m just not very pleased right now.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Hahaha, and here I am still level 57. Ironically, unlike everyone else, mastery is a non-issue for me but somehow I level up at the rate of a sloth (or even a sloth that is watching a TV show about sloths). :/

burbman
    @burbman

I honestly don’t understand the complaints. Rovio has been increasing the caps by ten levels every six months now for at least a year and a half, you can actually set your calendar by it (May and November). With Heavy grinding, and zero dollars spent, I can bring my flock to the next plateau within about ten weeks, at which point the game becomes so boring that I have actually started up two additional teams to provide a challenge. I know this is an unpopular stance, but without the periodic increases, I would have quit the game ages ago.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

I’m fine with the level increase cap, I can grind up the birds to 80 with no issues.. the classes is an entirely different matter.

But 2 new caves… not really exciting. I would wish they would expand the island or give us new areas to explore. (or use the caves to connect to another island)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@burbman

Not sure about your definition of “heavy grinding”, but you must be spending every waking moment auto-grinding something to take 30 classes up ten levels of mastery in just ten weeks… Where are you grinding, and how many hours a day (and days a week)? At the rate I go, auto-grinding the Pool with just two birds about 45 hours a week, there is no way I’d even be close to doing that in just 70 days.

As for the upgrades and why I complain — you’ve pretty much hit the nail on the head as to why: the only “upgrades” we are getting are samey events and raises to caps. Those aren’t upgrades, in my view (and if you find them to be a reason to stay, that’s subjective). They add nothing to game play. If you’ve had to resort to starting other teams, isn’t that proof positive that the game is offering nothing new to veterans? That a true version 2.0 would be welcome?

In fact, that is EXACTLY what Rovio did when they made the so-called upgrade to Go! — they essentially made everyone start over. No new tracks, no new REAL content, just dismantled everyone’s wealth and assembled karts and said, “Yay! A new game!” I’d love to know how many players they lost at that time.

At this point I am not sure Rovio knows what a true game enhancement looks like. In all of their games, their idea of value-added updates have been confined to the following for the past year (or more):

— Churning out an ungodly amount of new levels really quickly, even though the levels are pretty much the same except for small mechanics tweaks every once in a while. This forces people (especially veteran completionists) to pony up cash for extra lives and power-ups just to keep up with updates (see Angry Birds 2 for this).
    — Totally resetting everyone and calling it an update (see Angry Birds Go! for this).
    — Adding some sort of multi-player aspect that is usually just a grind or filled with cheaters, or impossible to do well at without spending power-ups (see the Epic Arena, Bad Piggies Cake Race, Seasons challenges, and the Angry Birds Master League as examples).
    — Adding online log-ins and backups, either to Rovio servers or Facebook. This is actually welcome, except backups don’t work worth a damn. I lost a ton of progress by “syncing” to Facebook on Seasons and Bad Piggies. Never again. So, even something potentially useful ends up sucking.
    — Adding “events”. This is not really any better than churning out new, samey levels when the events are re-hashes that require no real strategy or effort other than mindless checking in and grinding away.
    — Adding personalized things to buy, like new gadgets or skins, etc. This is not really all that fun. It’s a gimmick. (see various games’ sticker/scrap books and Bad Piggies scrap machine for examples — I have all the latest Bad Piggies gadgets!).

I will admit I want to see what happens in Epic after all Elite classes are out. But I’m not holding my breath that it will be anything all that interesting.

At this point you might ask, “What CAN they do — aren’t the above facets the way games get upgraded these days?” I don’t have an answer to that. But I know there used to exist NO Angry Birds, then there was. There used to exist NO Epic, then there was. Rovio CAN develop imaginative content that would make us all go, “Holy Wowzers, didn’t see that coming, and this is fun!” They’ve done it before.

I just can’t remember the last time it happened.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@dragonofheart73

Yes! Or actually, dare I say, a TRUE Epic 2.0!

I agree, getting to level 80 is incredibly easy — probably only take a day or two. It’s the Mastery that kills.

Those two new Caves are probably going to be well-nigh impossible. I ended up using ME on a bunch of the later stages of the last Cave that was introduced… And that was with Mastery in the mid 60s on the primary classes I use. Being at mastery 70 against monsters rated closer to mastery 80 (I assume) will be nightmarish, even with killer potions and Rage Cake.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

burbman
    @burbman

@sutekh137 – to answer your questions as posted very early in your post. I will state that I am going to start this next grind to 80 with a decent head start. I have saved over 500LC and several hundred thousand Snouts since the grind from 60 to 70, so I will use those coins for over 100 quick resets of the dojo at approx. 6-7 snout offers per reset, that gives me a pretty good starting point. I will also spend FE to make sure to finish top three in all events, and spin the top reward on the wheel, again quite a bit of mastery to be gained there. Finally, I probably match your ~45 hrs per week of grinding, usually while watching TV evenings and weekends, but I focus on the five wave levels in cave 9, which pay out significantly more mastery than mouth pool (at least last go round), while keeping enough snouts in the pipeline to fund the dojo.

As far as your wish for new content or characters, sure I share that, but recognize that without altering the nature of the game, there really are only so many ways to knock a pig over the head. That is why I have a dozen other AB games on my phone to play.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@burbman

Thanks for the response!

Which stage of Cave 9 do you auto-grind? Last time I tried, I could not auto-grind in that cave — the pigs would beat me. I am fighting alone, no friends, so I have to be able to win with just the two birds. I also have no FE, so that doesn’t help (I am over 15,000 behind third place in the current event, and about 30,000 ahead of the top single-star contestant. So yeah, I have pretty much no motivation other than to fight in the Golden Clouds — and get the Elite chest, of course…)

500LC really doesn’t go that far… what, that’s, 7 of the “1000 for all” Dojo buys? That’s probably only about half a mastery level for all your birds, won’t even get you to 71. As far as snoutlings, yeah, they help — I’ve been using them the whole time, too, and have over 250,000 snoutlings currently. Still slow going at an average of 6-7 buys per. Are you sure you didn’t have any other “head start” from 60 to 70 such that you did that in a mere 10 weeks? I have been at this WAY longer than ten weeks, and I’d say my average bird was around 63 or 64 when I started… I still have at least a couple weeks to go.

I realize that there are only so many ways to “bonk a pig on the head”, but you could have said that when the first Angry Birds came out. Then we got Space, Go!, Star Wars 1/2, Bad Piggies, Stella (RIP), and Epic (and that’s not even all of them). If Rovio really wanted to, they could give us Epic 2.0 and it would be worth something more than a re-capped, re-hashed, same-event driven game. Let’s face it — they don’t do that because they’d rather add small, cheap-to-develop enhancements that get more people to spend real money (hence things like life-caps in AB2 and infuriating head-to-head competitions saturated with cheaters and pitched battles).

I do believe Rovio has the cure to the common cold (i.e. the ability to make QUALITY enhancements and/or new developments), but they’d rather try to make money selling dozens of palliatives (i.e. garbage additions meant only to generate revenue).

Just curious — what other Rovio games do you play? I only play “Bad Piggies” — everything else is stagnating except for the few-and-far-between update, and I have entirely uninstalled AB2, Go!, Pop!, and Transformers (just never got into that one).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

PS. Grinding Mouth Pool is sort of nice because of all the water and cherries you get — I have about 3,000 health potions. *smile* Not that I use those much — have only used a couple this whole event…

burbman
    @burbman

@sutekh137

I auto grind levels 9-9 or 9-5 as my mood decides – My team generally wins, but even if it does not, it gets plenty of mastery along the way. I do not use a friend bird, as it takes longer between restarts and strengthens my team to the point that less enemies enter the battle.

500 LC – when spent five at a time on resets of the Dojo lineup after exhausting Snout offers results in roughly 650 dojo offers of 500 mastery or 325,000 mastery points, about 50% more than the amount you came up with using the 1,000 for all option.

I focus my grinding on only four of the five birds – then buy all the remaining mastery for the fifth in one massive dojo session at the end. I bring the classes for each bird up in an even fashion, so as not to “waste” free mastery earned in events or on the calendar on maxed out classes.

I have over 1,600 FE saved up over the years, enough to respin and craft plenty of stamina to win any event I choose. A win in one of these longer events will pretty much level up two full bird families, and get the other three halfway to the next level. Team events can be frustrating, as I cannot really control if my team wins or loses, but I have been fortunate in that regard for the most part.

As far as other games, I also play AB Friends a couple hours per week (enough to beat the average score here in the nest on each level as best as possible), ABO, AB Seasons, Space, Star Wars I and II, and Rio to again beat average scores here in the nest, and occasionally shoot for top 10% in total chapter score, Bad Piggies when I feel like watching pigs fly, and less often Pop, Blast, Transformers, and Action.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@burbman

Thanks for the tips. I hadn’t kept up on the Mastery thread and did not realize that one could use those Cave 9 stages for good yield now. I am able to beat 9-5 and 9-9, at least with my current pair (Knight and Trickster).

Also a nice tip about using LC for Dojo resets instead of outright LC buys. Very smart (assuming one has plenty of snoutlings).

As for FE, I am out, and now they don’t even show up in the Cave movies (since there are no Cave movies). They seem to come more slowly to the nest as well. So, they are just not something I will ever have, and quite often that means I get stuck in 4th place on Events. My team has not won any of the past three team-based events, either, at least one of which where I DID get in the top 3.

It sounds like we have the same Rovio games installed, pretty much… You keep up on Bad Piggies and get all the scrap-made parts? That has been about the most intense I have gotten on any Rovio games recently… Course, they even nerfed the crates you could get daily, at least in terms of the rewards inside.

I’ll see how grinding in Cave 9 goes… Might only be a few days away from maxxing out to 70 on all birds. Just in time for the update, no doubt. *smile*

Thanks,
    sutekh137

burbman
    @burbman

@sutekh137 – I highly recommend a facebook account to use solely for gaming. Five to ten FE a day add up quickly, plus free power ups in AB Friends. I do not spend real world money on my gaming, anything Rovio earns from me are from videos I play in game for rewards.

Sadly, I have no idea what you are referring to with regard to Bad Piggies, so it must have been longer than I thought since I have played it.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@burbman

Oh yeah, I know an FB account would help… But that’s another facet of playing that sort of makes my point. If I have to get an FB account just to get FE, just to keep up with increased caps when increased caps are about the only thing going on, well — that’s not game-play, that’s grind-play. Don’t get me wrong, back when there were things to do and things to buy I very, very tediously exploited the daily golden pig time zone bug for months and amassed thousands of LC and every piece of epic gear available. That all didn’t matter, though, as soon as level continued to increase and then the shard system came out. Now even upgrades don’t last or have other ($$$) ways to get upgraded which spenders take advantage of. So I don’t mind grinding, I just don’t like griiiinding, if that makes sense.

You must not have played Bad Piggies for more than 5-6 months then. Crates were introduced…November 2016? Maybe even October? Building parts from scrap is actually not entirely pointless. There are some part upgrades that make a HUGE difference in what they can do for a vehicle, like a motor upgrade that takes the little green motor and turns it into something far more powerful than the V8. You might want to give it a gander, especially if you like to see pigs _really_ FLY.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

PS. I can already see the gauge moving on my mastery by farming Cave 9-9. I see how ten weeks is (mostly) doable now.

looks like it is time to say good bye, it is just grinding and grinding and getting your weapons again to the next level, there is nothing new and it became a real waste of time now, at least arena is just a grind with a big waste of time

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@p2win Kinda ironic given your username. o_O

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Level 80 is coming with next update

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.