Level 736

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Level 736

• Just got here – initial feeling is that it’s a typical “hard” level. Roughly translated as “you won’t get past without a)money changing hands or b) playing through a whole load of meaningless attempts in the full knowledge that you are completely wasting your time, until Uncle Rovio decides, (purely randomly, of course – NOTHING in this game is pre-ordained to encourage you to spend, how could you even THINK such a thing!) that you are in danger of quitting altogether (wonder how that algorithm works?) and suddenly bestows strikes and free cards galore. So many that you often end up with more than those with which you started. When for the past few days you’ve only seen them as pity gifts because a micro pig has taken 5 attempts to destroy it despite having fallen four storeys and had various large objects land on its head and the chances of you completing the level, even with this free card, are zero”.

Anyone else feel like this?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@bluedog Yeah, I agree that the developers overdid it with this level, and that they definitely need to make this level easier. It took me dozens of tries to complete this level legitimately (without spells or extra cards).

RizDub
    @rizdub

@bluedog Actually, it really isn’t random when a level decides to suddenly get easier.

Each level file has a variable called “Number Of Fails Before Getting Extra TNT.” In this level the value is 6. I’m not completely sure how the fails are counted (since sometimes, like in this case, the value is higher than the number of lives you have). I’m not even sure if you actually get “extra TNT;” for all I know, that might just be the name of the variable that carried over from development.

Similarly, each level has a set “Pig List,” which details what kinds of pigs can appear in the levels and their priorities, and an “Easy Pig List.” Usually the easy list places higher emphasis on Golden Pigs and lower emphasis on Balloon Pigs, Magician Pigs, and the like.

In this level the regular pig list features Balloon Pigs, Polymorph Pigs, Construction Pigs (they’re listed twice for some reason), and Helmet Pigs. The chapter’s easy pig list (the level doesn’t have an easy list assigned specifically, so I assume it defaults to the chapter’s list) features Golden Pigs, Chemist Pigs, Jetpack Pigs, Exploder Pigs, and Helmet Pigs.

And you know a level is difficult if even a pro like @mighty-red-1 has a hard time beating a level!

Bluedog
    @bluedog

Thanks RizDub. Very informative, good of you to take the time.

My point (I think I need to make my sarcasm clearer) was actually that I do not believe that any of AB2 is random; quite the reverse. I have to say that I haven’t noticed any particular benefits on the 7th attempt having failed on the previous 6!

What I find odd though is that eventually the game will whisk me through this level with free cards strikes, red pigs etc. All at once. And although I guess I can play the game to have got this far without doing the arena it FB or indeed anything but play it with birds no higher than 4, I’m not in the league of the Big Guy who was also kind enough to reply. Which means that probably the waiting game is the only way to pass it. But God, it’s so soul-destroyingly annoying while you ARE waiting.

I feel AB2 is such an opportunity missed. There is a repetitive nature to all AB games, of course. But this is feeling more and more like a hamster wheel.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

@bluedog
    I’ve just reached it, six tries and nowhere near. It’s an unforgiving, ungenerous level.

Bluedog
    @bluedog

I’ve had over 50 attempts now – only reached the last set twice, both times with one bird. With the exception of set 3 (tip – keep Terence back for this one, pretty much guaranteed strike) all the others require 2/3 birds. It’s a 6 set level; you do the maths – without free cards or sardines I feel we’ll be here for a while.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

Update: 18 attempts and I’ve still not made it to the final room.

Bluedog
    @bluedog

Hi mate – I’m through now. As usual, suddenly received a ton of FC’s etc – finished with 7 birds to spare. In essence, you play dozens of attempts which are impossible; then have one attempt which is impossible to lose. Not much fun there.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

This is one of the Cash Cows as far as Rovio are concerned. Presumably when they wrote the programme for this one the CEO of Rovio said “we are short of money so let’s screw our clients please”.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

@bluedog

@jeremyharrod

I made over twenty attempts before the pity round set in. Every spell flung at me, golden pigs, more birds than I could deal with. Was determined not to spend a single gem on it out of principle. So blatant.

Birdy Thrower
    @birdythrower

Hi, Over forty attempts, given up and waiting for an update in the hope they amend this level, by far the most dodgy one I’ve come across…

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Given the Weekly Tournament is still suffering a server issue for the last 17 hrs, I decided to get a push at this BS level that have been holding me up for days. Went in with all 5 spells (I usually save them for arena).

Low and behold 1st level needed 6 things to get through including some spells. Things got better after that. 4th level had only 1 pig way up as opposed to the usual 2. Just managed to squeeze thru without video at the end.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Level 736

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.