Legendary League Megathread

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Legendary League Megathread

• So, In a few minutes, the first people will enter the Legendary League.  I will not be entering, but will instead be camping out in the amethyst league for now.  I created this thread for all things Legendary League, as to not clutter the forum with reposts, etc.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • tinostar11
    @tinostar11

Basics of Legendary League ( This is based on my experience and my Clan Chat ) :
    1) Only the Top 3 stay in the League week to week , everyone else drops back down a league.
    2) Top 3 scores gets you 1000/1000 , 500/500 , 300/300 ( Gems / Pearls )
    3) Win Streaks go up to Max of 10 , 8 is Rare Treasure Chest , 9 is 250 Pearls , 10 is 2500 Feathers.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

I decided to complete the whole 10 streaks in one go just to see how it panned out and what I’d need to spend from my reserve to win it. My FP is 581. Most matches were in the 40m-50m points range. So just some facts, I’m no analyst.

Across the 10 matches I used 23 spells, 180 gems and watched 6 free bird videos. So I won 7 matches outright and used 60 gems for 3 of the matches.

I used more spells than expected but fewer gems. Swings and roundabouts I reckon; you’ll need to splash out on one or the other to get through the whole streak.

I noticed that my opponents were bringing in all five spells from streak five onwards. Streak 10 went to 60m+ points and I won it by just 200,000 after watching a video and 60 gems.

In return, of course, I got 4750 feathers, 3 chest rewards and 3 arena tickets.

ccanis
    @ccanis

The other ‘upgrade’ of Legendary League is the lottery whether you get to watch advertisement and get one free bird for it. After slinging my last bird today I didn’t get a chance for one free bird. But I get a chance to spend 60 gems right away.

And, similarly you hardly get to watch a video and get in exchange free arena ticket.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

If the legendary league is Rovio’s answer to the “end game related content issues”, then I can only say: oh boy…

Now that I am in legendary league my feat about winning streaks in the arena will never end. I wonder if anybody at Rovio thought about that…

@nas76

My tip is this:

I found that as I went through the streak that the FP difference became too big, but by deselecting the stone age hats, which itself had skewed by FP a bit, meant the match ups became fairer.

On level 8, I had FP of 325 (two Stone age hats), I was matched with 426!

When I got to level 9, I swapped out those hats for x4 hats, my FP was 307, I was matched with 330 and then 341 in level 10.

The stone age hats are a hindrance in the arena in my opinion, they’re fine for CvC or Mighty Eagle training.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I would agree with your conclusion but not with the assumption, that the hats have something to do with it.
    The first three streaks I finished were exactly the same: the hardest oponent was game 6/10, followed by 5 and 7. It felt like the algorithm for a regular streak still apply and reset when hitting game 8-10. In those last three games I had only low differences in the FP and not many spells, while in game 6 I face players with 5 spells and 40-50 FP higher than my own.

Try keeping the hats for game 8-10, let’s see if those games get as bad as games 5-7.

@nas76

With the two stone age hats I couldn’t get past level 8, apart from once where I got unstuck by an opponent with about 70-80 more FP than me using all 5 spells. Since I put regular x4 hats on instead, effectively reducing my FP by 18, I have had more realistic match ups right to the end, completing the streak twice today.

I just conclude that the skewing of the FP by wearing special hats is detrimental to your progress.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Mhm, okay, then I guess the match-making of the arena opponents is somehow inconsistent from device to device. Let’s see, if the next match-ups I get differ from my first streaks. If we could only understand Rovio’s ways… I mean, they could just tell us, but no, that would be too easy. :-P

@nas76

Maybe so, I’m playing AB2 on an Android phone.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I’m playing on iOS, but I can already say, that my usual matches on my iPad are much harder than the ones on my iPhone. My iPad has 200FP less than my iPhone, but obviously that shouldn’t matter to my skills. Nevertheless completing a streak on my iPad is always a struggle. (But the iPad is not in legendary league, so I can’t compare those two devices there.)

bchild
    @bchild

Not sure if anyone else noticed but in the Legendary League although the win streak goes to 10, looks as though the feat for arena win streak goes up by one once you win the 7th level.

@nas76

I had noticed that, but it wasn’t the case in the first week of the legendary league.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

I think generally these streaks are harder, and cost me more gems on average. However, the match ups are far from consistent. I’ve had several examples on streak 3-4 of players with +20-40 FP with 2-3 spells, but who then also score ridiculously high at the end (presumably buying continues) and thrash me, but also similar opponents who score “normally” and I beat them through better bird selections. I often find there are Arena levels where the advantage of spells is a bit normalised because you get better birds to start if you’re not taking spells in. I’ve also seen impossible +160-180 FP with all five spells on 6-10, +100 FP with 5 spells who obviously played badly and I win, but also just +100 FP with no spells, and even taking just 3 spells in makes for a comfortable win. I’ve not fiddled about with my hats, so I wonder whether there’s just a lack of consistency in what difficulty match ups you get. Especially with the recent “special” event where those algorithms might have been tweaked even more.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

I’ve been #1 or 2 since the Legendary League started but haven’t been able to complete one Streak until today; after the first few I’m matched against players with 100+ more FP and all 5 spells where I have trouble collecting 3-4 despite getting Common Chests every half hour (mostly a few feathers or pearls). I’m considering dropping down to Diamond just to win the Streaks again, although the 500-1000 gems and pearls every week are great to get. Anybody else done that? On a related note, the #1 players seem to rack up 80-100 stars in a short time (an hour or so); are they buying tickets?

@nas76

I won the legendary league in each of the first 3 weeks but it hurt my ticket stack and I ended up with next to no spells, so last week I dropped down so I could come back stronger. This was going well until someone in my league decided to get 60%ish of their points on Saturday evening when I wasn’t looking and went a reasonable amount past me, so to win I went through a lot to win the league.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

Thanks @NAS76; when I started writing I hadn’t won in three weeks – and then naturally, I won. Think I’ll try dropping down and build up resources for a week like you did.

Apprentice
    @apprentice

Hello!

Legendary League is meant to  drain your spells, gems and time. Usually up to 500 stars is  sufficient to be first at the end of the week. Two times I  competed in Legendary League 950 and 1175 stars were winners score. My 400-450 was ridiculously  low… ;) Anyway I promised myself that it is not worth it and I’ll do some romance with my girlfriend instead…

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

I did find that 3x Easter hats (compared to 10x Spy & 4x Pirate) made it easier to get to the higher levels before the 100+ FP overmatched opponents started; still tough to win the streak without lots of coins and spells at the end, but a little less discouraging and easier to maintain my position in the League.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Legendary League Megathread

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.