Leaderboards: how do they work?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Leaderboards: how do they work?

• This is how the leaderboard currently works, as I understand it. Any one of which could be wrong.
    1) Everyone has their own leaderboards.
    2) Everyone on your board also has you on their board, as said by @rovionefuah. But most, if not all, the other people on the two boards have no one else in common. Therefore, your position on their board doesn’t necessarily match with yours.
    3) Everyone has their own set of objectives everyday.
    4) The leaderboards are populated with people from any league level regardless of what league level you’re in.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • Mimi27
    @mimi27

If this is the case, then they’ve made major changes. @killerkea and I were both on the same board a few weeks ago and we both had the same set of players with the same scores. Also, unless I’m misunderstanding your post, it sounds like we’re competing against people from any league, so when I was in Silver, I was competing against people in Platinum. This doesn’t make sense, as I thought the people on the leaderboard were all competing for the same league.

Logan
    @ryupower87

It’s not realistic that people from different leagues can be on the same leaderboard, because the points you get from battles are different in every leagues.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mimi27 I’m not on Facebook so I don’t have anyone on my friends list. Therefore I can be matched with anyone.

The leaderboards should only have players that are in the same league. However it sounds like the ghosting problem might accidentally put players from a different league into your league. I’m sure if you login shortly after the week ends you won’t experience the ghosting problem. I think the ghosting problem will only happen to people who are trying to login very late and have a league of only one payer so they are guaranteed to advance. Rovio’s ghost players were created to prevent people from trying to get a free ride to the next league.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

You’re all right. It doesn’t make sense to mix the leagues, but there were several instances where that was the case in the first season and it was confirmed that one person on my gold league board was actually in diamond. When my board was finalized, I could see that there was a mix of several leagues on my board by their frames. Granted, I started about 1/2 a day late and may have had a leaderboard with many ghosts in it.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

This was my final board of season one. Kestrel371 was confirmed to be on another persons diamond leaderboard.

GLS1F.jpg

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@neomerlinmagic I really didn’t know whether you were being serious or wanting to get some discussion going on this subject or some answers.

I think the objective of the leaderboards is to get 15 players who are all on a single board, from the same arena league and who are competing against each other. The game has a fallback system to fill in positions on leaderboards under certain circumstances – of which we have no details or understanding. In your case and in tomc’s case, there are obviously players from other arena leagues. In fact, in your case, of those who logged in for their results, I don’t see any from Gold. You only missed one set of objectives and the leaderboard is a mess.

I also believe the fallback system can kick in very early. About 4 weeks ago, @dallasreds appeared on @bubbley’s leaderboard. I don’t see @bubbley logging in late (except perhaps for a ABN leagues experiment), so this fallback system must also be able to trigger on leaderboards formed within the first 4 h of the start of a week.

Hopefully they are looking at changing the fallback system, as it definitely causes a lot of problems for players and clearly affects results.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@kerravon Yeah, I was trying to figure it out. But it seems my experiences are a bit different than others. I wasn’t aware that @killerkea and @mimi27 had a full leaderboard exactly the same. It was a complaint of mine to Rovio that it wasn’t fair for people to have to compete with people in higher leagues. Maybe my experience was the exception to the rule.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kerravon In fact I always log in 1 to 2 hours late because of life style. Perhaps not now the clocks have changed. @dallasreds did not appear on my board until a couple of days after the start of the week. There were only 8 in my league to begin with.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@bubbley I meant that you would not have started so late that you would have missed your first set of objectives. For you, being in the UK, that meant starting within the first ~3 hours of the start of the new arena week – so that you would have time to complete your first set of objectives before the midnight reset.

In the week dallasreds appeared on your leaderboard, I assume you started within this period. I think this was before Rovio started playing around with the objective reset time – but I am not absolutely sure.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@neomerlinmagic Are you serious about the 3) ?? Even if you have 1000 friends, what is the probability for you to have at least one of them on the leaderboard ? I remind you the huge number of ABE players…

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@zackvoyager I could very well be wrong on any one of those, which is why I started the thread. To get some discussion and for other people’s experiences and observations.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@neomerlinmagic Sorry, I didn’t want to offense you, I was just saying that it was basically statistically almost impossible to get one of your FB friends on your leaderboard… So even if they are excluded, it would be useless…

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@zackvoyager I have had FB friends on my board on 3 separate occasions.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@bubbley Thanks. I can remove that one. Maybe it’s a bit of a conspiracy theory, but I thought Rovio was excluding them as a measure to hide the ghosting.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@neomerlinma no I don’t think so because @dallasreds is a friend and he appeared as a ghost in my league.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Leaderboards: how do they work?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.