Latest update issues

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Latest update issues

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 140 total)
  • Replies
  • Joel
    @joel687

The new event has started (Valentine’s Day), but it is only showing up for some people. It seems that iOS devices running version 1.24.10.1 are out of luck

Rio Rios
    @rio-rios

Not on Android either. Serious FAIL guys!

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Rovio screw up yet AGAIN

Googs
    @ncaddy

@lewie4 can you please provide an update as to what is happening with the Valentine’s event.

Thanks.

Phillips
    @phillips

Rovio must have the work experience kids working again. One creates the event for 1.24.0.0 while the other creates the update to 1.24.0.1 so once you update which for a soft update seems to be automatic you can’t play the event. How hard is it to ensure that if your bringing out an update any new event to start after the update works with the update?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@joel687

“It seems that iOS devices running version 1.24.10.1 are out of luck”

Isn’t that basically everyone on an iOS device? I don’t think there’s a way to avoid downloading a soft update short of disabling your data/wifi, but then you wouldn’t be able to play the special event anyway.

Joel
    @joel687

@optimuspig – You are basically right. There are a few iOS users in the forum who have been able to play the new event and have somehow missed the soft update (for now). If people have the gems, they have a chance to outright buy Chromia before they get the update and lose the event

If the event appears for iOS players, and, then, for whatever reason, specifically the game crashed, the game gets reloaded again, the event will disappear from those players’ devices. I know this because it happened to me an hour ago.

Phillips
    @phillips

@optimuspig you could probably disable the wifi to start the game and then turn it back on once in to avoid an update and get into the contest. Though that wouldn’t work this time as without the update you get the screen trying to install data please check your internet connection and try again.

Phillips
    @phillips

I hope there are some bonus tokens available due to the problem accessing this event. If it is down for more than a day every player should be awarded the max number of tokens (1550) for each day it is down.

Joel
    @joel687

@phillips – I hope you are right.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

@phillips @joel687, last time they offered us 400 gems, which would do for 800 tokens.

The bounty for the challenge was 1250+750+420=2420 tokens.

Chromia costs 5000 tokens.

How much gems will they offer as a compensation for the botched event?

a) 827 gems
    b) 800 gems
    c) 400 gems
    d) nothing

Place your bets.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@werehamsta I bet rovio gives us 0 gems

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

@sam-spargo [in Palpatine’s voice] The Pessimist Side of the Force is strong in this one. Good, good.

Phillips
    @phillips

The advantage they have with this one is it has stuffed up at the start so they can just change the end time once it gets going where the other one stuffed up at the end.

CD
    @bartiedog

Still don’t have the new event on android, no update available in the playstore either.

Joel
    @joel687

@bartiedog – They never meant to start the event. They pushed back the starting date. The soft update was to change the starting date and prevent it from starting yesterday. You aren’t missing anything

Cloudguy
    @cloudguy

1.24.10.2 just appeared with CYN still there!

Joel
    @joel687

@cloudguy – What system do you use? iOS, Android, or Amazon?

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

@joel687, I suppose you have to reinstall and load from Facebook to get rid of CNY. So it was for 1.24.10.1 as well. If you don’t have a reliable Facebook backup, you’re probably stuck with it for long, long time. Another way (perhaps Android only, but I’m not sure) might be to make two backups (one for app+data, another for data only) if your device has such an utility or is rooted and allows to run Titanium or somesuch. Then reinstall but restore the data before launching. In case it doesn’t work you’ll still be able to restore from app+data backup and keep playing, waiting for the next patch in hope that it works better. I didn’t try it this time (that is, I *did* make backups, but Facebook account worked all right, so there was no need to use them), but this tactics saved me a couple of times previously.

1.24.10.2: loads well so far (but 1.24.10.1 loaded well several times at first either before resuming its “normal” crash rate). Backgrounds are still glitchy, and Facebook synchronization still requires lots and lots of efforts.

Joel
    @joel687

@werehamsta – I got excited for a minute. I’m not trying to get rid of CNY. (I already did) I thought that maybe the CNY event was opening back up with the 1.24.10.2 update. I didn’t even think that maybe it was the glitch still happening. Oh well.

What device are you using? I am a little nervous that I haven’t seen this soft update yet for iOS

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

@joel687, I’m on Android.

Ultramaxprime
    @cheeto

Ok it looks like we os users have been locked out of 3 events
    The Chinese New Years event
    The implosion event
    The Valentine event
    This is a major mess up!

ED209
    @ed209

iPhone 5 here with iOS 10.2 and no update to the game and still on 1.24.10.1

This is a major mess up by rovio and it’s updates

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

@cheeto, Valentine event haven’t started yet.

[EDIT:] Oh well, 1.24.10.2: crash fest continues, heavens crumble, Facebook is unresponsive 99% of time. Nothing seems to be fixed.

Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Latest update issues

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.