Latest update issues

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Latest update issues

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 140 total)
  • Replies
  • acwb16
    @acwb16

I’m playing on an Android device and the game is still broken. Go to the challenge, select a bot, an energonicon, hit go and… right back to my home screen. The dumb thing crashes.

What makes game developers think time-sensitive events are good times to push hard updates out? Had this happen in another game I play too.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

Asus FonePad 6 HD, Android 4.2.2, not rooted:

As to everybody else, the game crashes at entering the event mission. The mission counter does not decrease after crash, though. Other aspects seem to work.

Also, it may be only my impression, but it feels like Glassor’s duration is shortened. Haven’t tried other EIs so far.

compncards
    @james-w-guill-jr

I reinstalled hoping that it would fix the implosion crash (before seeing others had tried it) and now ALL my progress is gone. What happened to this game being backed up to the cloud?

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

Also, I can not connect to Facebook anymore (even though restoring progress from Facebook cloud after reinstalling worked OK). With the previous update, connecting had been significantly improved compared to earlier releases, but now it doesn’t work at all again.

ED209
    @ed209

@james-w-guill-jr the only way to backup your game is using Facebook, it doesn’t support any other backup method as I did try iCloud too but data seemed missing so didn’t count on it. I don’t use Facebook either so have to way to backup my game as all other options have failed

compncards
    @james-w-guill-jr

Actually, disregard my last post. I tried another reinstall and this time around I logged into FB before starting the game and it restored my data AND the Implosion contest now now works for me.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Tried uninstalling, clearing my tablet’s cache, restarting, reinstalling, and restoring from FB. Still imploding on the Implosion event.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

The crash at startup rate increased once again, not to 100% unplayable, but to 90-95% very very annoying.

Also, new sky backgrounds are glitchy:
    Screenshot_2017-02-04-13-25-09.jpg

Screenshot_2017-02-04-11-49-11.jpg

Screenshot_2017-02-04-17-01-21.jpg

ED209
    @ed209

Rovio will just blame it on your device, that’s what they did with the end of world glitch previously that everyone reported!

Joel
    @joel687

@werehamsta – I like the last background pic you posted. I’m hoping they keep that one…

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

@ed209, the truth must be told no matter who believes you.

@joel687
    , I thought that too at first, but it actually looks like a regular background squeezed and repeated several times.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Dear Rovio / Exient,

Thanks for the 400 free gems as a peace offering. I hope that ABT can be fixed before the gems offer expire as some folks still cannot open their device.

I would like to suggest also having some free sparks as compensation for a few days of not being able to earn our sparks.

Especially for iOS users who I believe in all fairness, should also get more free sparks, as we iOS users definitely 100% cannot access the live event Implotion.

For your consideration, Rovio / Exient / @lewie4

Thanks in advance.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@james-w-guill-jr

What device are you using?
    IOS or Android?
    Are you able to play through an Implotion event?

compncards
    @james-w-guill-jr

@armoourBender I am using an Android tablet (RCA). Yes I am able to play the implosion event. Maxed out the tokens for the event in fact.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@james-w-guill-jr
    Thanks for the reply.
    Wow good for you. Android users are having the advantage now.

Asen_77
    @asen

On iOS non updated version 1.23.3.9, information is that Implosion event will start at 06.Feb at 0:00 h. This is about 19 hours from now. Why there is difference between two different OS devices? Aren’t they supposed to be same?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@armourbender Saying that is a stretch. I have 1.24.10 and I still can’t play the event. The name of the game is Angry Birds: Crash here.

ph
    @ph

@asen I have 1.23.3.9 and mine says implosion event ENDS on Feb 06. Of course I can’t play it or even see the event.

CD
    @bartiedog

I’m an android user and I still can’t play the event. James W Guill is the only player I’ve heard say they could play the event. He’s one lucky puppy!

Joel
    @joel687

This is the announcement from 1.23.3.9

IMG_0155.PNG

Asen_77
    @asen

@ph Now when you mention I just see that sign is ENDS. I was thinking that should start at this time. So we have to wait for update :(

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Apparently the update for IOS was sent to Apple on Saturday.
    Apparently Apple doesn’t allow updates without a review and not allow another release within a 24 hour window.
    Assume Apple doesn’t work on weekends.
    Assume Apple gets working on the update to App Store on Monday morning.

But what if the version that Apple has received still has a buggy code base?
    Back to the drawing then for Rovio / Exient.

Assume Rovio / Exient doesn’t work on weekends too.
    Assume some time for Rovio / Exient to come up with a working soft update…
    Assuming the code base doesn’t need to be changed and resubmitted to Apple.

Things don’t look good for us.

Meanwhile, do Upgrade your Brother in Arms and Seekers while exercising patience.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@armourbender That’s what I don’t get about the problem. Just like Microsoft with their consoles, they have a period of review to check for bugs in patches. Sure, nerfs happen but that’s not due to bugs. I waited to check other IOS users go through two updates to see if regular nodes worked. After it seemed ok, I updated and it worked for half a day and now it crashes on opening. I considered uninstalling but then I saw that lots of people lost everything when they tried it. I am stil considering it because my user data is saved through Facebook.

Joel
    @joel687

@armourbender – Thanks for the tips on upgrading. I can tell why we would upgrade the Brothers in Arms. Why the Seekers? Was there a clue I missed?

Phillips
    @phillips

@armourbender @joel687 I don’t get why upgrading the Seekers either. Starscream is just a guess. https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/adrift-event/page/2/

Although I can’t play the current event I can go into it and see that Brother’s in Arms is the current squad so by the time the challenges are working the event will be over. With no character available just sparks and coins the next event could have any squad as the bonus squad.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Latest update issues

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.