Killing Eggbots with Lockdown – an FYI

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Killing Eggbots with Lockdown – an FYI

• Hello all, not sure if anyone cares but I wanted to put this out there. I had been under the impression that one could only kill an Eggbot with Sentinel prime, Heatwave, or one of the Galvatron’s. It seemed there was a consensus about this and it had been my experience that those were the only bots I could ever manage to do it with. (I feel like i came close with one of the Grimlock’s but never got it done)… However this evening I managed to kill one with a level 7 Energon Lockdown. I guess I have never really tried with Lockdown before and maybe it was just because of the fact it was an “very easy” level I don’t know, but I got enough shots in and the thing went limp and flew to heaven (or hell, or whatever).

And I ended up with about 4,500 coins.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Nice!

Although I’ve tried the eggbot intercept 5 or 6 times now, I still haven’t managed to kill one yet.

mck
    @mckwxp

If it takes enough damage, it will run away. After a while, it will come back, and when you kill it the 4th (or 3rd? can’t remember) time it will fly to Neverland. Therefore, it doesn’t matter which TF you use to intercept the eggbot. Only if it takes enough damage, it will run or fly away. I even got the eggbot with Energon starscream (Lvl 7).

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

Heaven, hell, Neverland. It is fun to read what happens when eggbots die.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@mckwxp is making it fly away the same as killing it? I keep waiting for an explosion to occur. I always assumed that the eggbot flying away just meant that I didn’t do enough damage and it’s making good its escape.

mck
    @mckwxp

@optimuspig
    Yes, if it fly away it means you killed it. However, there’s an exception. When you’re in Pig City, if you haven’t triggered the red switch yet and the road comes to an end, the eggbot will fly away. But there’s a bug. One time the eggbot is flying away and I shoot the red switch. Strangely, the eggbot reappeared on the road.

Angrycrab
    @angrycrab

Honestly I think that the eggbot just escapes by air when it flys off. After all, there are only three (known) eggs on Piggy Island. @optimuspig when the eggbot reaches the hole in the road,it isn’t flying away-it’s waiting for you to activate the switch. I’ve waited five seconds (and died) watching the eggbot and it just stays flying over the track.

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

I finally saw this occurrence and nearly lost (all) my hearts watching it fly away.

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

My Level 8 Energon Optimus Prime can kill eggbots. My Lockdowns are level 8 and yes, one of them (not sure which one) has done it too.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@angrycrab my vote is that it actually dies. The reason being is that If i intercept a level and fail to kill the Eggbot, you can see him at then end watching the train fly off. He’s right in the middle of the screen with his back to you. When you “kill” him, you don’t see him at the end?? I realize this is trivial but it’s a fun topic so i thought I’d throw that out there.

@vrinda-rajkumar
    I have managed to Kill him With Heatwave, Sentinel Prime, Energon variant of Lockdown, Optimus prime and Grimlock. I think the Energon characters are easiest because I make it my goal to kill the Eggbot right off, and don’t do much fighting back, so I take a lot of damage. The only things I shoot are the Eggbot and Buildings to get Energon cubes until he’s dead, so I am usually able to regenerate enough Hearts to survive the rest of the level. I also don’t call in my buddy until he’s dead because I have never seen him appear when you have another bot. The only other non-Energon characters I’ve been able to do it with is a level 8 High Octane bumblebee, and Level 10 Optimus prime.

@ladydi102
    I’m mentioning you in this post so you can see what i wrote, I think it’s a good strategy for killing them. There should be some kind of bonus (besides the extra coins, which don’t always pile up), or an achievement even! :)

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

@hxadecmel Yep, I do remember seeing the eggbot at the end when flying off in in the train bouncing up and down right? Good eye on the point you made to all you’ve mentioned. None of mine are past lvl 7. Most are 5. Again, thanks for your great info on this!!

BuriedTreasure
    @buriedtreasure

Forgive my ignorance, but is the eggbot only on android? I am level 174 on an iPad, and I have never seen an eggbot during a game….

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@buriedtreasure Eggbots are on both Android and iOS.

Eggbots only show up when running a node if you “intercepted” it first by paying gems to access a node early.

BuriedTreasure
    @buriedtreasure

Ok, so I just tried it myself. I guess you never know which character it is going to give you? Anyway, it gave me a Level 6 High Octane Bumblebee, and I did manage to kill it he eggbot In fact, I collected enough coins killing it and other stuff along the way, that I got 8800 coins, more than my last event dome!!

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@buriedtreasure I can testify that the node you are running makes a HUGE difference in how many coins you get. I had a very similar situation, (I posted about it somewhere). Intercepted level, Level 7 High Octane Bumblebee. I killed the aggbot and destroyed about everything else I could, even made it out with fill hearts, but, my coins total, even after bonuses, was only 880. That;s right, a full 8 thousand coin difference between us. Just putting that out there. Sounds like you had a great run!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Killing Eggbots with Lockdown – an FYI

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.