Just bought one for gems. Using tokens as a cost offset. Anyone else?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Just bought one for gems. Using tokens as a cost offset. Anyone else?

• In this comp, I like the fact we can just buy them outright. The stress and time investment to win comps (getting 1st, 2nd or 3rd) is just not worth it. I am a daily player so have accumulated 19k gems. Probably spent about 15k worth on accessories over the last two years. I realize for new players, this isn’t an option. Anyway, I am just looking at this as a way to offset the cost of the new TFs.
    It is weirdly a stress relief to not have to check in at all hours and do the calculations and the repetitive grind. For long time players, we generally have more of everything than we need (like 51M useless coins).

So I bought one up front, will buy 2nd one in a couple days, and then wait to see how many tokens I accumulate at the end of the comp (when in token exchange mode) to offset the gem cost of the last one.

Anyone else taking this approach?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Replies
  • jasebree
    @jasebree

Yup, that’s my plan as well.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Assuming that it’s an 8 day event, it’s not mathematically possible to earn enough tokens for all three TFs (not to mention any accessories). So if you want all three, then your only option is to buy at least one with gems.

However, I would not buy more than one TF with gems until the event is over. You want to make sure you don’t have any tokens left over after all your purchases of TFs and accessories are done.

Personally I’m going to wait until the event is over to make my buys/exchanges, to soak up all of the tokens first and then make up the difference with gems.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

So you can buy token with gems now? How much does it cost? Well glad they implemented it but…..after I quit.

jasebree
    @jasebree

@datguygamer it’s a 3 toke to 1 Gem exchange.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

In this current event, the tokens:gems exchange ratio is 3:1.

I think this is the second event they’ve had it – it was in place for the “Second Wind” event, but I don’t remember if they had it for “Acid Storm”.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

My plan is to wait until the end as well to do my purchases. I’ll get one with tokens and hoping to get a second with tokens and only some gems. Don’t know what “some” is yet, though. Since there’s supposed to be a second round, I’ll then get the third and accessories.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Second round? Do we know for sure, or just a guess?

I wish they’d tell us these things, so I don’t have to kill myself playing.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@optimuspig @lewie4 mentioned it in the event thread, top of page 2.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jasebree Can you post a screenshot of this exchange screen? I want to see how they implemented it. Thanks in advance.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@millforce2k

Interesting, albeit a bit vague (he didn’t explicitly say that the “opportunity” would be through another event, although that’s the likely scenario from what we’ve seen in the past).

If it’s another event, then either I can sleep now and kill myself then, or kill myself now and sleep then, lol. I’ll probably just grind out as much as I can now, since I hate dealing with uncertainty.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jasebree Thanks, man. Wish they had done it sooner. Ah well.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

I’m pretty frustrated with the underpowered bots. It’s not really fun to play the challenge nodes with them. So, I purchased the 3 bots with gems and now will just play to get tokens for the accessories, one for each bot.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@aliasPBJ,

Do tell, please — which accessories are available for which TF???

Something like Explosive Rounds could make a big difference as to which TFs are pleasant to use.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

And also how many tokens do they cost?

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

Here are the available accessories

Seek & Destroy Accesories

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

Here is how they show up in the barracks

Skywarp
    Skywarp Accessories

Starscream
    Starscream Accessories

Sunstorm
    Sunstorm Accessories

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@aliaspbj

Excellent, thank you for posting!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This is interesting.

Skywarp’s Blaster, Starscream’s Enhanced Null-Ray, and Sunstorm’s Shrapnel are all available for 800 gems in the barracks, but since they’re also offered for 1,200 tokens, that’s actually 400 gems for each one.

So if you’re going to pick them up these three accessories, you’ll want to buy them right away from the Token Exchange, rather than getting them from the barracks.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

So once you have the bot, it takes on damage and you need to recharge the health in the barracks. Today, I gave had to recharge Sunstorm after each run.

I wonder if you upgrade your bot over L10, that you get to play the nodes with that level and with any accessories.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@aliaspbj,

Thanks!!

About your list of accessories buyable for tokens. Which TF is that for?

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

@franciscrawford

If you look at the first screen shot I posted of the token exchange, you will see which bots the accessory applies to in the lower left corner of the accessory image. But here is the list, if you can’t make out which applies:

Skywarp (purple) – Blaster (on arm)
    Starscream (red) – Enhanced Null Ray (on both arms)
    Sunstorm (Yellow/gold) – Shrapnel (on head)

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@aliaspbj,

So you’re saying that only one accessory is even on offer for each TF in the token exchange. Got it.

Thanks!

Sunstorm is the Cybertronian, correct? If so, it’s the one of these TFs I’m most likely to actually play. But I’m not sure whether its accessory is really better than cheap headphones.

If “Explosive Force” means “Damage to everything, with the possible exception of the target directly hit”, I’m guessing the answer is yes, but it’s a close call.

Do the other TFs have cheap +5% damage headphones too, or did you already show us all the accessories that are currently available?

sheepybach
    @paul13

Now that you have got some of the new bots is the fire power better than the event fire power?
    Also if the fire power is better do they then take over the event bots???
    iechyd da

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Just bought one for gems. Using tokens as a cost offset. Anyone else?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.