Join the Birdsnest Arena leagues!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Join the Birdsnest Arena leagues!

Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 411 total)
  • Replies
  • senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

I had a game that was ended, in first place, solo player. I should have claimed my reward right away but I played the golden pig to see what would happen. After a few rolls I checked and was at rank 15 at 60 points. So You can be placed in a league even after the tournament has ended if you are not careful.

So I noticed that Rovio has updated Epic today. My tablet got the update. I haven’t updated yet on my phone. I love how they are straight up open about the cheaters in the update text.

rovioUpdate.png

However they are still letting me log in with my old version of the game. I just checked and I can still reset my objectives with the timezone exploit. So until they force people to upgrade the game I do not consider this fixed.

Anonymous

After installing the update one of the leaderboard exploits still works. Hmm. Also whats with these Robot Pigs they are talking about? Very mysterious.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

Player MIKELEV has been in first place since the beginning in my platinum league. Since last night they scored 40000 points. I have 40000 this morning as a WEEK total. I am in 8th place. At least the top two are cheaters. Good news : I battled them this morning for the first time. Checked their bird and banner values and decided to battle. This just in. I kicked his butt with 3 stars! I know they will probably win 1st place but there is still a small amount of satisfaction on my part.
    4 hours later MIKELEV has 148000 points! Pretty good progress.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

Is it me or are the first 5 or 6 opponents of the day “easy” while anything after is 10lvl Lineups?

TomC
    @tomc

I’ve never gotten Mastery Level 10 lineups but I’m only Level 36.

After the new update, I face extremely weak enemies (including mastery 1evel 10 birds); I wonder why.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

If the 1.2.5 update fixed most of the problems with cheaters, you should probably start playing right away since they changed the times of the objective resets and you only have 5 hours to complete your objectives before they reset again.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@killerkea The change to the objective reset time is relative. I used to only have 3 hours to finish them on Sundays when the league ended but now it is 5 instead ;-)

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I believe it is 5 hours for everyone now since the start and end times should be the same for everyone. Before I used to have 12 hours.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds well I’ve been busy this week so haven’t Looked in here but 2 days 9 hours ago you were on my league board unless you have a double. I have the screen shot. I can up load it but I still can’t post it here. So something is still screwy. Plus I have a shot of a cheater you just should see.

TomC
    @tomc

Huge thanks to @steven-dunn-5648 for sharing the single league strategy; it’s worked two weeks in a row and finally went from Gold to Diamond. It works exactly as described as long as you don’t stay in the game too long, so basically just sacrifice a whole week of playing. I only needed to play 1 arena battle each time and check that I was the only person, then I didn’t open the game for the rest of the week.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

For the heck of it, I thought I’d check and see what was going on in the arena today. I checked my league, and I was in a league immediately. The amazing thing is that the highest person was only at 4,120, and everyone has had more than one set of objectives, I think. Anyway, my objectives weren’t that bad, and I easily met all of them. I am now first with 5,670 pts. I wonder how long this will last? BTW, I’m still in Wood League, and don’t really care about the arena, but it’s interesting to see what is going on in terms of cheating, etc.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

Rovio Support Team, Feb 24, 07:25:

Hello Kyle,
    we’re really sorry to hear you feel that way about the update.
    Thank you for your feedback on the banner balance tweaks.
    Best regards,
    Niklas
    Rovio Support Team
    —————————————-

This was my response from Rovio after sending them an e-mail stating I was unhappy about the Update and had also given them some ideas about improving the Nerfed Banners.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Well, I think I’ve completed my 3rd set of objectives in wood league, and I’m still in first by almost a factor of 3! Im at 15585, and second is at 5,230.
    Should I assume some players are going to cheat? It would be kinda fun to get out of wood league without a lot of effort.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 You should not have any trouble from here. I wouldn’t expect any cheaters.

@mvnla2, since the updates have been forced, the cheating number 1 on my board has been stuck around 45000 points. I’ve been grinding to 2nd place at 33000 and nobody seems to jump ahead anymore. It looks like the cheating has ended (at least mostly!).

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bubbley
    Hi just looked at your last scoreboard from 2 days ago. 421k points! first place on my league only has 120k. 2x everyone. They must be a slacker!

Thanks to @larry for great teaching on screenshot maneuvering. Good luck to everyone.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds just plain lazy!

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@tomc, glad it worked for you and you were able to get where you wanted.

I’ve been still running the test and still have solitary leagues. I see @larry mentioned that the update is now forced. I haven’t logged in yet. Been really busy this past week. I haven’t wanted to play for that reason. Now that it is forced I will check to see what they have turned off, as far as old cheating support. Sounds like it may actually be fun to play now.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — I just finished my second set of objectives in stone / steel? league, and I’m in first place! I didn’t even think I’d completed the hardest objective, which was to knock out 3 birds in one strike. I did it once, but not sure about the second time.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@mvnla2 Sorry, but I suppose that you mean Silver League?
    I completed both sets of objectives (there is a reset 5 hours after the end of the arena week) for today (unfortunately after a demotion).

t_russell
    @tigerussell

A_N.png

A_n.jpg

It’s too bad we don’t have any idea how this works. @larry your effort was good enough for first on the board you see but only good enough for third on @mingkee27 board. Wierd

Obviously I was only aware of the top one. If I were on the second board, I would not have made the effort at all!!!

That’s quite something. This means many of us are competing against people who are in a completely different competition. That really does not seem right at all!

@tigerussell
    ,@mingkee27, thanks for pointing this out!

Btw, the scores are also spot-on. A few hours before the end I noticed Chaotic making a run for it. I played a bunch of battles to show him that I was keeping an eye on him and then he finally gave up. That’s the +/- 1500 difference between the two boards.

Obviously those kind of tactics are impossible if you’re not all seeing the same board. It also explains why some players seem to be working so hard to increase their already high position on the board. They could be playing a whole different board with higher competing scores.

Btw, I’ve sent both boards to Rovio with the request for an explanation…

t_russell
    @tigerussell

I guess it would explain some of the weird player behavior I have seen. Sudden spurts to no apparent purpose and such. I always assumed that whenever another player and I were trading places back and forth while grinding that we were seeing the same board. Perhaps not though, as a lot of the time the other player stops thinking they have achieved their goal and perhaps they have in their view.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Join the Birdsnest Arena leagues!

Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 411 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.