Join the Birdsnest Arena leagues!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Join the Birdsnest Arena leagues!

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 411 total)
  • Replies
  • TomC
    @tomc

I feel like to be safe, once you check a few times that you’re still the only one on the leaderboard then there’s no point in checking again until the end of the week when claiming the prize. Every connection to the server (or more likely interaction with elements of the arena area) may increase the chances of being placed in an existing group.

Anonymous

@steven-dunn-5648 You probably shouldn’t do the Daily Dungeon either because that’s were I went down.

Snarky
    @snarky

@steven-dunn-5648 the golden pig I played was not the Arena GP, it was the daily GP. FWIW, the time I was actually in the arena could not have been shorter.

Rgds,
    Snarky

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@Loynis if you were all by yourself you aren’t now. You’re at the bottom of my board with 35 points. Thought you would like to know.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bubbley
    I faced you early this morning. I chose the same birds you were using w/ slightly different weapons. You won the toss. It was a close battle but you were the victor!
    You are welcome for the points.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds thank you. Just curious about the line up. Yesterday I faced myself and I won. Odd thing the line up and banner were what I used in the third week of the tournament. Easily beatable with what I now have. Sound as though you faced the new me.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

The lineup was Chuck with time set, Red with Dragon set and Blues marksman with RC Robot. Your lineup was the same except for Phoenix egg on Chuck. I guess that’s what did me in. Good luck to everyone.
    PS how did you know you faced yourself? It is still too early in the morning for me to figure that out by myself.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

Just for the fun of it this morning in the Platinum league I used Matilda in a battle by herself. If you encounter her today let me know. I would love to know the populations of each league. The last few days I have seen several teams 3 or 4 times. Do you think Rovio would furnish estimates of the number of players in each?

Snarky
    @snarky

Hi @dallasreds, I faced your Red/Chuck/Blues set this morning with the outfit you described to @bubbley. It wasn’t an easy battle, however I managed to overcome your start (like a true gentleman I “let” you go first!).
    I also played a team (a few days ago…) called “ABN-ISEECHEATERS” – not sure who that is on here?
    Cheers, the Snarky one.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@steven-dunn-5648 @all The experiment is now also for me a bust, the whole week i was first and only one on leaderboard, i don’t know how but after week finish i’m 15 and demoted a league back. Is no problem but i’m done with this experiment!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@renitz — That’s a real bummer! I wonder if you were really part of a league all week, but just didn’t spend enough time in the arena for the rest of the league to appear. What level were you?

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@mvnla2 @dragonofheart73 That’s what I was thinking also, the time I spend in the game wasn’t enough to update the leaderboard in way to show the other players. So @dragonofheart73 did you advance to the next league or also got demoted?

@steven-dunn-5648
    seems that the method you described only works for you so far.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

I encountered the lone Red team again this morning. It was noted by someone earlier that they obviously had a sense of humor. They have now renamed themselves as “Putin”. I played four battles and checked the scoreboard in between battles. I was alone until after the fourth. I suddenly had a full roster. First had 20000 and 2-6 had about 12000. May the force be with as all. Thanks to Steven Dunn and everyone else for their time and work on the experiment.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@mysticburn

I advanced to Gold so going to try to repeat this experiment to see if I can advance again.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@dragonofheart73 Ok, congrats, strange we both did exact the same things ( 1 battle and only short time connecting with the game during rest of the week) but still I got demoted, only difference then being I was in platinum. I can’t see how that should matter at all, principle should be the same for all leagues. I’m not trying again, good luck, hope it keeps working for you.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

19 hours ago I was promoted to Diamond league (finished 3rd, the top 2 were cheaters), thanks to a few server issues that reset my objectives and my time zone being GMT+2, meaning that I get an extra set of objectives that last for 2 hours. During my time in Diamond league, I managed to upgrade all 10 banner legendaries and get a 3-star Vengeful emblem.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I had an interesting week. I joined about an hour and a half after the finnish. 14 in the league soon became 15. A fair league and good competition. One apparent “cheater”. She had just over 49k obvious resets by Tuesday evening. I had done 3 sets of objectives. She didn’t play again until Friday evening jumped to just over 60k. Then stopped. So perhaps she just wanted to get it over with who knows. Sadly on Sunday one unnamed jumped 15k in less tha 3 hours to take 2nd place. Fortunately he left me in first place. Feel very sorry for Nosforatu because he deserved to go through.

So I made diamond. Joined hour and half late again. 8 in the league now 9 all seem legit so far. There are a couple at the bottom with very low scores makes me wonder if people have been reading this thread.

Sorry it didn’t work for you guys but hopefully the cheaters have now all reached diamond. Help! Good luck everyone.

@dallasreds
    unless someone else uses Bubbley it was me. Also the birds and banner were exactly what I used earlier. Funnily enough I think Rovio must sometimes choose the birds because I only use Marksman if it’s an objective and then with the Save Me set. In fact I have never used him with Beep, outside the Arena I use the Ballister Set.

mich
    @m-ich

I spun the wheel about 14 hours into the league to avoid cheaters and started completing objectives. I was on my own right until I finished the 3rd objective. Now I’m on a full leaderboard with only one obvious cheater, but with another 4 people that have already completed two sets of objectives.

I am in Central Europe, which means I have only 3 hours to complete the first set of objectives. I guess my options are either spin more or less immediately and encounter cheaters (I did that last week and had trouble to even make 2 stars because I shared a board with no less than five cheaters), or wait and lose one set of objectives. This is kind of unfair. Objectives should be reset at the same time for everybody.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds just looked in the Arena. My league is full and you are in it. Glad you are on board.

burbman
    @burbman

So far I have had reasonable luck avoiding spots 13-15 since I made it to the Diamond league. Most weeks my board has not been fully filled, so even if there are a few cheaters, they only cost me an item or two on the prize wheel and a few snouts. Rather than try anything fancy, I have just shut down Epic after meeting my objectives on Sunday morning. My arena resets at noon local (west coast USA) time. I play other games, or (gasp!) actually do real life stuff for several hours. I open Epic up between 7 and 8 hours after the new week has started, and play my first daily objectives. I have been averaging between 6-7,000 trophies per day, which is enough to generally stay in the two star range.

This worked as I made my way up through the lower leagues as well. I only spent two weeks on two of the leagues as I waited for the resetters to pass through ahead of me. My highest weekly trophy count was only in the low 60,000 range.

Doc Mayank
    @doc-mayank

Still alone on the board…Took my reward exactly 24h after platinum ended, got in 2nd since the guy in first had well over 400k points. In Diamond now.. Gonna wait till tomorrow to do a fight.

How many people actually got first place by doing this ‘trick’ apart from Steven?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@doc-mayank I got first place but I didn’t do this exactly. I get 2 sets of objectives in the first 4 hours 1 minute of the game because I am at GMT so I prefer not to lose my first set. I start late but with enough time to complete the first set. I have found so far a fair league this way. There have been one or two cheaters but I am now in Diamond. I grind to make about 60k each week and according to @burbman this should keep me in diamond.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

Weird. I started Area a couple days late. I hadn’t even logged onto AB. After one Arena Match this morning, I was first. After exiting Arena and checking on the Golden Piggie (2 spins), I reentered the Arena and the daily objectives changed , but still first.

Anyone else experience it in the past?

Doc Mayank
    @doc-mayank

I was first place all alone till I did a fight. Instantly at last place. Luckily not many people had high scores so I got #9 overnight after a bit of grinding. #1 is well over 300k in this league (Diamond).

I think registering late with the server will give you a CHANCE to avoid cheaters, but a whole league to yourself must be quite rare… I have my doubts if this was ever feasible.

CaptainPinguina
    @edieringger

Just some info as someone else who tried this for the heck of it: I tried waiting 24 hours after reading this topic & knew it wasn’t a guarantee to get in a league of my own, but as soon as I collected my weekly reward, (I’m in platinum for the 3rd or 4th week, not playing nearly as much as when arena began) I was immediately placed in a league of 5 other players, even before my objectives had reset. After 1 battle, there were 10 on the board & the scores of the “original 5” had all jumped 6-10k points apiece.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Join the Birdsnest Arena leagues!

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 411 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.