Join the Birdsnest Arena leagues!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Join the Birdsnest Arena leagues!

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 411 total)
  • Replies
  • Mimi27
    @mimi27

@kerravon, it looks like I have one serious cheater at the top of the board. Players in 2-4 place may have had one extra set of objectives while the rest are typical scores. It’s too early in the week to see what the top group will end up doing. Barring any surprises or impossible objectives I should be safe to stay in Gold but most likely in the lower range.

I did encounter my first majorly hacked opponent. Apparently I didn’t notice the weapon strength as I focus on health, and what looked like a typical level 7 bird knocked out my banner with one hit.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@steven-dunn-5648 @strategia55 rolling on GAPM or GPM wouldn’t trigger joining arena leaderboard or at least it didn’t in my case.
    I have my rolls on both Golden Pigs before I took my first arena battle and for now (14 hours after joining) I am still alone on the leaderboard.

It did not work for me. I waited 26 hours and claimed the prize. Just went in there to check the position and I was no 15 in a full league. First bunch are cheaters and I’ll have a hard time catching up.

No worries here, not much to gain from top spots in diamond anyway.

Hope you all have more luck.

On a sidenote, @burbman, I just had a good fight with your birds. I beat them up a bit, but they’ll be allright.

The setup was Spies, Wiz, Seadog and the kits were revival and seadogs had those gloves… Banner was that spooky kit with vengeful. Is that a familiar setup?

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@larry so we can’t figure out how leagues are generated? You shouldn’t worry about staying in diamond league this week regardless cheaters in your league, there will always be people who will give up from competition.

it is strange for me, i went from gold league to the next one and I am the only one in my league no other players hopefully no other player will be added so I can go to diamond easily anyone else experiencing this?

I think as you move up the chances to get others gets lower and lower since there will be less players in top leagues so it may be possible to not get many in your group, unless there is a bug like in my case?

Hi @p2win, this is exactly the thing we’re investigating here at the moment. We’ve tried to reproduce this behavior. It has nothing at all to do with the amount of people in the leagues. It seems to be something which is meant to occur, but we don’t know what the parameters are.

If you could shed some light on your detailed activities at the end of the last league and while starting the new one, it might help determine what’s causing this behavior.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

I started 27 hours late on Monday. When I entered the arena I was # 15 w/ no other victims. I played and lost the first battle, exited, and came back still alone. I played a few more battles and won 1. I was still alone. Exited and came back later and the board was full. Half had 10000. Came back and lost 7 or 8 in a row trying to meet objective of Matilda, Red, and Blue. Finally won one and returned to battle and this objective had changed to Matilda alone ?????. The other two objectives had remained the same. I played to complete objectives and quit. I was 20000 behind. This morning first place had 28000 and 2-8 were mostly @18000 gradualy declining to 14000. I am in 10th w 12000.

burbman
    @burbman

@larry – good to see that they are still active while I am sleeping! Yes, that was my team, and my standard setup. Sounds like the computer is not quite as good at utilizing their skills as I am though.

TomC
    @tomc

What happens if you completely skip a week? (claim your prize on the 8th day or later)?

I’m a bit confused on if I should completely skip viewing the new league board after claiming the prize or just close the game right after spinning the wheel? (or do I need to exit out of the wheel prize screen then close the app?)

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

Okay, I have some more information on keeping a single league. If you only play one battle and leave the arena and then come back later and play another battle then it appears you will stay alone. If you play a few battles in a row then you will get joined up with other members even using my method described.

Perhaps you don’t need to even wait the 24 hours to play a battle. I would like to try to just leave and enter the arena between battles to see if you can avoid joining a league.

After following my instructions on a game that I began on Sunday, waited 24 hours, played one round, waited again (about 20 hours) then started playing battles. After the 3rd battle I noticed I was in 5th place. If I had left the arena after the first battle and then re-entered I may not have been joined. Again, this needs more testing. It seems like what I have heard from others that joining happens after multiple battles in a row.

Last week I had no played more than a few rounds on each game total for the week, never consecutively. I was able to finish the week as the only player in all cases.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@dallasreds Were you doing the test @steven-dunn-5648 proposed, claiming prize later and after claiming the prize delaying the first arena battle for an aditional 24 hours?

@steven-dunn-5648
    @larry
    I claimed the prize 38 hours after sunday reset and at the moment 8 hours later still only one, no battle played yet. Only did quick checks so far and also only did dojo things buying mastery with snoutlings then closed the game again. So 5min max or so each time.

After the 24+ hours without battle, have passed, with finger crossed, will at first play only one battle. Then see what happens a hour later. And hope that a winning battle is not the trigger.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@renitz, when you do play a battle do not stick around in the arena and do not play more than 1 battle at a time. Last week what I did was play the one battle to move my user to 1st place and then only enter to check on ranking the rest of the week. On one of the games I did play 1 round once in a while when checking just to see if I stayed alone, but I never played more than 1 round.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@steven-dunn-5648 @larry

I joined this experiment as well (sorry couldn’t reply before). I waited about 24 hours then claimed the reward then closed epic right away. Then 48 hours later I played a battle, won it then closed the epic right away. (when I close it, I exit the app then “force kill” it) Been checking it at a random period of time and so far I’m only one in my league with about 1k points (I met one of the achievements before getting wiped out with rage chili bug).

ps. I’m running iOS 8.1.3

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

I just did the 27 hour wait and then did several single battles and exiting 3 or4 times. I presume when I did several battles in a row is when I triggered the server to throw me in with a full league. I still can’t understand how my one set of objectives was changed. I think I had 1 of 3 finished in another set. I was not intending on following the new idea. I just thought I would check on it for a few minutes before playing additional battles as usual.

okay, so there seems to be a mix of successes and failures. Let’s try and find the common denominators… So far every success started with 24 hours late start. then another 24/48 hours later, one battle played and closed app.

@steven-dunn-5648
    , you are signing out of your account regularly to switch to different accounts.

@dragonofheart73
    , you force kill the app. This may have a similar effect.

Could that be an indication on what’s causing the single leagues?

Anything else? Others have reported the same as what happened with me, still arriving on a filled leaderboard (with/without cheaters)…

Other thoughts anyone?

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@larry Did you force close EPIC when you exited the arena? After initially claiming the reward and when checking the leaderboard?

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@larry, During this initial testing I have not been signing out of the one account. I have been waiting to begin the other games. I started after 5 min, no waiting. (as an experiment) I was able to keep the league to myself, having not played more than one battle. I did not kill the app in between, just exited the app normally, pressing back button until it asked me to quit (android). ios will probably need to force quit from app bar.

It wasn’t until I played a few battles in a row today that I finally joined up with a league of 10 people. I believe if I had not played 3 in a row I would still be in a single league.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Just did the 72hr+ [Edit — Oops, which day does the league start? Maybe it was only 48+] claiming of prize. Exited arena, exited Epic, did hard close of all apps, and for good measure did hard shutdown of iPad and restarted it. Forgot to check to see if I was only one in league, but you almost always are when you first claim your prize.
    Re-entered Epic and checked league; I’m the only one. Exited arena and exited Epic. Hard closed all apps.
    It’s really weird that there were more apps to hard-close than when I did the hard-close a few minutes ago, and I did nothing except what I’ve listed here.

TomC
    @tomc

Seems like the key is mainly to only play a single battle and exiting the game quickly (not spend too much time with the game connected to the internet pretty much). Last week I played regularly and my leaderboard had only 14 people for almost the entire week until a few hours before the end when a 15th person appeared who had about 1000 points, so might have been someone who joined late but played multiple battles and got put in with a regularly progressed group. Which again brings the question of if you completely skip out a week either before or after claiming the previous week’s prizes, would you automatically be demoted?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

It’s 3 hrs after I claimed my prize, and I’ve done nothing in the arena other than what I described 2 posts above. However my league now has 15 people, the first 3 are at 15K, 13K, and 12K. 4th is at 7K.
    So if I assume none of them are cheaters, it appears that the top 3 joined the first day.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@tomc Yes, you can get demoted if you don’t play for a week. Dr_ishmael reported that he got demoted to Wood two weeks ago because he didn’t play. He didn’t say what league he was in the previous week, but I would assume that it was Stone.

Snarky
    @snarky

That’s disappointing @mvnla2… you are the first one I have read that has done the exercise to the letter.
    I am yet to claim my prize, might wait another day or so yet…

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Third day and I am still alone on my board.
    Unlike some of written comments in this thread, when I first joined Arena (Monday 6 p.m. CET, i.e 21 hours after new event began) I took as many battles as I needed to complete set of objectives, meaning that I had at least 5 winning battles and 10-15 minutes of gameplay. I checked my position I was lonely on the leaderboard, then I completely closed Arena to the next day. Usually I complet at least first objective before I leave Arena and I always close my game…

MysticBurn
    @renitz

So I claimed prize 38 hours later, waited 24 hours before doing 1 battle. After the battle exit the game straight away. Checked a few minutes later and i’m still only one.
    Will not play any battles for next 24 hours and check on a hourly bases if i’m still the only one.
    There’s still hope @snarky lol

Snarky
    @snarky

@renitz & @cosmo2503… Thanks for the updates, no need to hide the sharp objects yet!!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Join the Birdsnest Arena leagues!

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 411 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.