I've had it. A bit of a rant here.

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum I've had it. A bit of a rant here.

• I always start what I finish, but I’m looking forward to this Underwater tourney ending, and then I’m done. I’m tired of negative reinforcement by Rovio. It’s incredibly dispiriting to get within 9 pts of Diamond league, without using power ups, only to keep getting throttled back because I didn’t take the bait and start using/BUYING PU’s. Sorry Rovio. I’m taking my 12k +++ coins and saying adios! I won’t fall victim to that ploy. I’m a competitive person, I like to win, but I like and expect, a level playing field. I’ve suggested a 2 tier system before, one for PU players and one for those that play clean, but I don’t suppose that will go anywhere. The only way I’d come back, is if Rovio had a tournament week of No Power Up’s – everyone starting at zero. Wouldn’t that be a hoot? Btw, I’ve played most of the Angry Bird platforms for years, and have enjoyed competing against myself, for higher scores. But my competitive nature rails against competing with “juicers”. Hey, for all you juicers, does it make you feel empowered, at all, realizing you have to use/buy amped up birds to win? It shouldn’t.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

so tired of whining about powerups. while I do agree that a 2 tier system would be a great idea, I highly doubt rovio will implement it. Rovio is a business. Businesses are formed to make a profit. Without powerups, Rovio’s profits would be marginal, if not nonexistent. Normally I’m very tolerant, but Im fed up with being called a cheater and other names by those who dont wish to buy powerups. P/Us are in no way cheating, or even dishonest in any way at least in ABF. THEY’RE A RECOGNIZED FORMAL PART OF THE GAME. If you want to focus your rage on someone, look at all of the real cheaters, the ones who score more on every level than is possible. Actually, if you’re so frustrated, you should stick with you plan to stop playing. It’s supposed to be a game, and if it’s not fun, then don’t play.

TestUser23
    @testuser23

I was waiting for a reply like yours. Will Rovio implement a 2 tier system? No. I realize Rovio is in it for the money, and lord knows how much I’ve spent on the Star Wars platform. Several hundred USD, probably. The difference is, I’m competing against myself, in Star Wars. There are no other players that have an advantage. Let me compare this to my favorite passion, which is tennis. When I compete, I’m playing with players with skills that are equal, minimally slightly lower, or minimally slightly higher, than my capabilities. It’s COMPETITIVE in the fact that one of us isn’t Roger Federer, in sheep’s clothing. I get the “RECOGNIZED FORMAL PART OF THE GAME” aspect. Really, I do. I guess I’m just a purist and believe the game should be played as originally intended. Skill should be rewarded, period. I have stopped playing. It’s no longer fun.

angindnix
    @roswpell

I am stuck in gold forever. Just like you. Only 12 points away from crossing over into diamond. 3 times. I have never paid for power ups. For me this is entertainment. Can’t get to serious about it.

burbman
    @burbman

Is not the different leagues exactly what you are looking for when asking for a multi tiered scoring system? If you do not play with power ups, you will generally top out in gold league, where you will play against similar players with the same motivation. To expect to regularly play in the highest tier, without using power ups just seems silly to me. If you do happen to make it to diamond for a week, expect to meet Mr. Federer there, then drop back to gold where you can play with your peers again.

BeeGuy
    @beeguy

I like puppies and unicorns and I wish for world peace.

TestUser23
    @testuser23

Obviously you cared enough to comment.

copyu
    @copyu

Don’t give up!
    I’m a “straight” player, too, who’s actually managed to stay in Gold league for over 2 weeks, without using power-ups, (except for “testing purposes”) to see if my ‘strategy’ might be correct.
    I was #7 in Gold, today, but now relegated to #10–and it’s only Day 2, where I live.
    Best wishes!

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum I've had it. A bit of a rant here.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.