Issues with new cheater detection system

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Issues with new cheater detection system

• For the record I’ve never cheated in this game nor know how to. I recently completed all arena objectives today. On the main arena screen I’m listed as #1. I click on the leaderboard and I’m now listed as a supposed cheater along with 15 other people! This has to be a glitch. I’ve already submitted a ticket to Rovio but figured I’d also start a forum thread to see if others are experiencing similar things.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Replies
  • LegionOfBoom
    @brian-walker

Update: now there are supposedly 18 cheaters on this leaderboard. There’s something wrong with this! I’d attach a screenshot but I’m unsure how to.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@brian-walker

I just looked on the AngryBirds Epic FB page and saw a lot of people complaining about it happening to them too.

LegionOfBoom
    @brian-walker

I was reading the forum thread on the Facebook page and apparently it has something to do with the 2x arena trophy video. It keeps popping up after every win. This is the source of the issue, I’m quite certain

Anonymous

Ditto. Pretty sure it has to do with the video doubler too. I played a bunch before using it, and got the cheater label as soon as I did.

Martin Hart
    @martin-hart

Yeah same thing happened to me

;)
    @winkwink

Yes, I was also surprised to find myself labeled as a cheater after years of sending screenshot documentation of real cheaters to Rovio! I have also lost all ten diamond trophies for seasons 1-10 in the display and it now shows one platinum trophy for season 10. I sent Rovio a ticket, we’ll see how they respond. Hope it is not a portent of another season of glitches… Upon reflection, I agree with @brian-walker, it seemed to happen after that double reward video. Half the time you click on those video offers they display ‘there is no video scheduled’, anyway! Frustrating…

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

ROVIO needs to address this ASAP

Sleepy Awoken
    @sleepyawoken

Same here. :-(

essamar
    @essamar

This had happened to me in the Necromancer event. So far, I am the only one on the leaderboard that has been labeled a cheater. I tried playing a game, but it did not help, Does anyone know what the criteria is for noting someone as a cheater. I also have never cheated in this game. Thanks for any explanation I Have sent Rovio a ticket, but I do not expect a response before the event is over.

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

I completed two arena objectives at the same time and also got the watch the video to double my points at the same time. After that I got labeled a cheater.

I am not a cheater but still got this from ROVIO support. Something needs to be done here.

Hello there,

and thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, after closely investigating your profile, we have concluded that anti-cheating tool was correct in your case and indeed you are a cheater. That is why your profile won’t be removed from cheater leaderboards. Your arena scores clearly indicate that you are not playing fairly.

Best regards,

Stefan
    Rovio Support Team

DD
    @toolow

@cosmicdebris
    Sadly, writing support ticket will not solve this problem. I have repeatedly asked them to carefully investigate, but they simply say the matter is closed. Any further tickets on the subject WILL BE CLOSED without further comment. In their other words: “La La La… I don’t care what you say.”

The only conceivable ways to get them to act is significant drop in usage or bad press. Say, if several major game review sites reliably reproduce the problem, got ignored, and publish them world wide, and the world news take notice and reported on them.

EDIT:
    And watch out. Press them too hard while they already made up their mind might just resulted in the game state reset or wiped.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@cosmicdebris The EXACT same thing just happened to me. I played 2 battles, met 1st 2 objectives at same time and boom I’m a cheater. I submitted a ticket but now I’m worried about it. This is insane. INSANE I TELL YOU!! These support folks are completely incompetent. It’s rage inducing!

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

@metztli013 We need as many people as we can find that this has happened to to present as evidence to Rovio.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@cosmicdebris We absolutely do. It seems to me that these guys in support are drunk on power. They are just doing whatever and refusing to listen to reason. If multiple people are reporting the same thing how is it not clicking in their brains??

DD
    @toolow

@metztli013

@cosmicdebris

Sorry that you guys ended up with this debacle. I wish they’re more forthcoming and take your complaints seriously, but I fear that they just could not bring themselves to listen to you. On one hand, I’d suggest pressing them to remedy the situation. One the other hand, they might just wipe your progress and/or ban your accounts. Ever since v2.1.0, they’ve been getting more hostile towards players. Just be careful.

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

Do not give up when you reply back be nice and give as much information as you can and hopefully you will get the same results.

Hello again,

and thank you for writing back to us.

We are very sorry for our previous message and the whole situation. After your last message, we checked again, and you were absolutely right. Regrettably, it was our unforgivable mistake, when we accused you of cheating. We will try to resolve this situation as soon as possible, in the meantime, we kindly ask you for the current screenshot of your arena leaderboard and we donated 100 lucky coins as a compensation for the whole debacle.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Stefan
    Rovio Support Team

metztli013
    @metztli013

@cosmicdebris Yay! I’m so glad they finally listened to you!! I haven’t got a reply from my ticket yet, but I did walk them through all of my actions and pointed out that I cleared two objectives at the same time in my letter. Hopefully they will realize this is happening to multiple players. Surely you and I are not the only ones in this situation.

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

@metztli013

Hopefully they take care of you too

Suzy
    @suzyq

@cosmicdebris

Wonderful news. Let’s hope they look again at other people who have been wrongly accused of cheating and reinstate them.

DD
    @toolow

@cosmicdebris
    Good for you. Hopefully, both you and @metztli013 will have the problem resolve soon.

angryde
    @angryde

@cosmicdebris Oh, this news has cheered me up a little… congrats!

metztli013
    @metztli013

I’m marked cheater in the Tinker Titan event too =( This is embarrassing… people on my boards that don’t know me, they will all think I’m a cheater and I wouldn’t even know where to begin to cheat =( I’ve never even cheated on a boyfriend. Only thing I’ve ever cheated on was maybe a diet. I’m probably honest to a fault. *facepalm* Not to mention that I don’t have a single bird at max mastery level and I’ve played daily for several years.

DD
    @toolow

@metztli013
    Now that Rovio support realized their mistake, perhaps you can ask for compensation to make it up to you. I hope courtesy and persistence may yield some positive results for you.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Issues with new cheater detection system

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.