Is Tower of Fortune The Right Place to Spend Gems ?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Is Tower of Fortune The Right Place to Spend Gems ?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • Replies
  • Putte
    @puttekula

Double confirmed today…

Jon S
    @jon3800

@cosmo2503

Same here. Mine too is has a max of 30 floors and it’s always the jackpot. Won my 3rd hat today at the expense of 3320 gems

Putte
    @puttekula

Be happy then guys…. Cheap wins there…
    And when playing the tower for the first time today on 2 different Ipads the final result was for the win/expence was different on the pads. But the same fancy hat was pulled on both of them and when backing up/loading new into the other pad the result was the same. Same status on hats and pearls.
    Nevermind, Im to lazy to fiddling around doing backups/restorings…

SumoBro
    @sumobro

Today’s run was a bust. A lost a lot of gems and didn’t win anything. i must have had a lot of luck yesterday, as my strategies weren’t working. For a couple of weeks my strategy is to lay low and quit early on, to build up my Gem supply.

The only problem is, I have completed every set under 500 Black Pearls, creating an elder bronze slingshot. I currently have 500+ Black Pearls. I don’t know if I should buy a x3 hat, or wait to win one. I won Chuck’s cowboy hat the other day, so if I decide to spend my Black Pearls, I’ll finish the cowboy set.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Decided to try this garbage activity today:

1st spin: 1 white feather
    2nd spin: 11 gems
    3rd spin: 11 gems
    4th spin: Pig card (-20 gems to continue)
    5th spin: Pig card. QUIT because it would be 100 gems to continue.

Had I paid to continue then, it would have worked out to me buying 1 white feather for 98 gems. …aaaand so proves my point: in most cases, you will end up spending way more than the prizes you take out of there are worth.

mmmmmYeah, I don’t think I’ll be playing this thing often.

Ty_Sylicus
    @tysylicus

For now, I’m happy just getting to the 5th floor. 10 orbs is decent for me when I still have lots of 100 orb hat sets to complete. =/

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I had a great run today, would have been better if I had stopped after spending the 800 gems to continue after hitting that pig, ended up spending 1,600 on the next pig and quit immediately. Netted over 11,000 feathers for Matilda and almost 1,000 gems to the positive. A few pearls and some spells. I was up to level 40 something, 42 I think. But I would have been negative in the gems f I had to spend the 3,200 for hitting another pig, so level 45 just wasn’t worth the chance.

snappy
    @snap

Got another good run going to level 52 spending 720 Gems. Didn’t have any more to spend.

Got back
    4200+ gems,
    5500+ Matilda feathers,
    110 pearls,
    2 Christmas hats,
    1 knight hat,
    1 winter hat.
    Bunch of spells.

cognitive
    @cognitive

And I’ve been stopped in 1st (!!!) or 2nd floor 3 of the last 4 times. yawn…

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

This all-or-nothing concept is for gamblers only. It’s a great way to suck your gems fast and leave you standing there with nothing in return.

kelshe
    @kelshe

It’s a slot machine.

Jon S
    @jon3800

Tower becomes harder once you get your fancy hats. Just won my 4th one.

KayBird
    @kaybird

The Tower has been frustrating for me so far. Often get a pig after gaining only a few feathers and/or a few gems. Spending the first 20 gems doesn’t bother me too much, but I hate when I get another pig right away again. The next increment is 100 gems to keep going. Not worth it when you only have a handful of feathers or gems. Very frustrating. It’s largely dependent on chance. I wish it was dependent on skill instead of chance.

cognitive
    @cognitive

The thing is, the expected mean value (EMV) for the return is crazy.

– Feathers, you can get thru the game, and anyone risking gems for serious amount of feathers likely does not need them…

– Gems, by the time you are high enough to get lots and balance the risk of a pig showing up, again, chances are you have enough to begin with.

– Spells, meh. Our Lady of Infinites can provide far better

– Hats, that’s the same as gems. 10-20 pearls for a hat you already have? pfeh. Only if you spend enough to get to the ‘good’ levels. Got a couple Christmas hats, saved 200 pearls, not a bad deal but if you need to climb to level 42 to get some… The super hats, that’s what makes the risk worthwhile if you have thousands of gems to spare.

– Pearls, that’s the key. But again, lots of pearls are impossible to get early on. Later I do not know. Havent got more than 20-30?

So, basically, the Tower is nothing more than a ploy to waste gems for all but the wealthiest players with tens of thousands of (possibly questionably obtained) gems. I mean, if you win first place in the arena every week, and win 5 gems ten times a day thru the chest, that’s 300 + 350 or 650 gems a week….do the math for a year and see what amounts we’re talking about. Unless, of course, there are legitimate ways of obtaining tens of thousands of gems that we’re unaware of.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Cognitive, we can get many more gems per week by playing in the arena, kill so many pigs, getting ten stars (arena or levels), beating the first two levels of the daily challenge and now by collecting daily feathers. That gives me 68 gems to start with per day. I can get maybe 40 to 60 gems per day through the small chest if I check it often enough. I hardly ever do well in the arena. The past month has been unusual, I have come in 2nd two weeks ago and 3rd today. I usually settle in around 6th place. I am not going to play enough to ever get 1st unless I get an apathy group.

I agree in general about the tower. Only once did I actually profit in pearls and gems. Yes, I do have a way of spending gems and not losing them. I made that method public a while back because Rovio still hasn’t fixed it after I reported it months ago.

Through experimenting with it, I have found that the tower is much more efficient at banking feathers. Before I could bank 750 feather about every ten minutes, but that means a lot of playing. It was a chore and I had to work to stay ahead even with that advantage. Now I play the tower until I can’t survive another pig, collect usually well over 10,000 feathers and a few spells. Gems and pearls get reset. And who knows, maybe I will get another great run and bank some gems again one of these days.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

After a bad run yesterday, I brought in 55 gems and other minor stuff. I’m still going to quit early on in order to minimize my gem input and maximize my gem output. Every 5th floor except for the jackpot floors bring in pearls, as I’ve completed all of the lower than x3 hats, so I’ll probably be able to get all of the cowboy hats soon.

cognitive
    @cognitive

70 gems a day is 500 + 300 from winning is 800. Or 4,000 a month. Or 50,000 gems a year. I wonder how common it is… It’s doable but one can’t help but wonder how common. I’m at level 230 almost and my gem count is 1400, about as much as in my checking account (two kids in college :)).

dpage
    @dpage

It looks like they’ve “buffed” the tower in the past couple days – now I can hardly reach level 10 without seeing a pig (in fact, 4 of the last 10 plays had a pig pop out at level 2!). I don’t think this is wise, at least I don’t have any incentive to spend even 20 gems to keep playing.

Putte
    @puttekula

Im feeling quite the opposite. But they show up more frequently later on.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Average about 100 gems per day, Cognitive. That is around 700 per week if I don’t spend any. I had about 13,500 when I started my little odyssey. I built up and built up until I reached my goal of 25,000. I figure anything over that is gravy to be used on the DC and KPC to win pearls, but only spend if it is a sure thing. Lately I have been beating both without using gems so now I am around 28,600 gems in my stash. I could have had 30,000 or more if I hadn’t got greedy on that great run at the tower.

Yes, I have spent money on the game. Twice I bought the 11,000 gems for $100, then spent to get the little chest twice as often.

James Peden
    @james-peden

They had 20,000 gems for $100 right after the update. Luckily right after the update I was playing with 4 cards in the tower and only had to get to level 30 to get the fancy hat. I played on 3 devices Thursday morning and won 3 fancy hats and 3 times Thursday night and won 3 more . Then Friday morning it went down to 3 cards making it much harder and have only made it to the top 1 more time.have also won 4 cowboy, 4 pirate , 4 knight and 3 winter hats. Now I am getting doubles as lot and just get 50 pearls. Or 500 pearls. Eventually I will get the last fancy hat I need for matilda and will win or just purchase all the rest of the hats and be done. I am also up over 36,000 gems across my 3 devices so far.

cognitive
    @cognitive

So far, all my birds are at current level, sling is the diamond I think. Flock strength of 227. Thanks to Our Lady of Infinites, I rarely lose, routinely putting up 17-24M points per game, with most opponents not even breaking 10M. I have over a hundred tickets, about 1400 gems and a couple hundred pearls. The thing is, I’ve spent a total of $2.99. I could easily win my league every week, but life gets in the way.

Since the last update, actually, it’s rare to face an opponent that exceeds 15M. Opponent quality seems to be going downhill. Yesterday I played a flock 213 guy who put up 780k points. I kid you not. 100k points per bird. 5M wonders are not uncommon, and 5-8 are regular appearances. The thing that bugs me is their inevitable 2-3M bird last shot or two…

snouty-strike
    @snouty-strike

I was able to get to the 90th floor today.
    Had to spend 15K-20K gems to get there. It was level of fancy hats. My Bomb got a fancy hat.
    I got ~7K Matilda feathers, ~6K+ gems, 10 mighty eagles, 10 blizzards in the process.
    Also the highest amount of gems that pig asks is 3200. It doesn’t increase to 6400 after that.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Despite the claims on this thread, I refuse to spend more than 20 gems in the Tower. If I have amassed few good things, I will just collect my prize and leave. Breaking even with the 20 gems spent is consider good for me.

I have 500 gems in my coffer to start with so there is no way I can blow it like others. Unless Rovio is allowing me to loan gems.

Putte
    @puttekula

How much are u guys spending for this each day?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Is Tower of Fortune The Right Place to Spend Gems ?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.