Is Rovio weeding out the cheaters?

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Is Rovio weeding out the cheaters?

Viewing 21 replies - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Replies
  • SPIKE
    @spike-abf

Alice, I agree…I notice I dropped down to 18th place in the gold…in some of the tourney levels, I’ve cleared EVERY pig, rock, ice, stone, etc sometimes without using every bird and there are 10 people ahead of me with scores thousands higher…I don’t get that…

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

I’ve suspected that the top scores were bogus for quite a while. I also wonder, like many, if the high scores aren’t just artificial, a way for rovio to generate money by making players strive to reach those scores.

SPIKE
    @spike-abf

JKH, I just wouldn’t doubt that at all…I know some (real LOL) players who are very competitive…they’ll drop serious coin for coins because they want. that high score…it’s even worse with these league scores…they are driving formerly rational players craaaazy… ‘ I…can…beat…that…score!’

Marcelle
    @marcelle

Asmith:

To stop the scammers they are setting the weeks attainable scores, so that anyone exceeding them is put on the cheaters list! They obviously think this way others won’t be able to benefit by cheating. On this particular week it back fired!

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

“I dropped down to 18th place in the gold…in
    some of the tourney levels, I’ve cleared EVERY pig, rock, ice, stone,
    etc sometimes without using every bird and there are 10 people ahead of
    me with scores thousands higher…I don’t get that…”

Spike, I’ve had the same thing happen to me at times. Depending on the game, I’ve come to the conclusion that they either got it all with one bird, or no bird using the quake. Some of those scores appeared totally unrealistic.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

“I’ve suspected that the top scores were bogus for quite a while. I also wonder, like many, if the high scores aren’t just artificial, a way for rovio to generate money by making players strive to reach those scores.”

That’s a thought…

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

“it’s even worse with these league scores…they are driving formerly rational players craaaazy…”

Been there, done that! I didn’t realize it until a couple of weeks back, but I’m a broke person and started to spend way more than I could afford. That’s why I’m trying to stay away during the middle of the week. Last night, I played for a little while but forced myself to not buy any power ups and just played without but then I didn’t break any of my previous scores, either.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

“To stop the scammers they are setting the weeks attainable scores, so that anyone exceeding them is put on the cheaters list! ”

Marcelle, Thanks for explaining what that meant. Gotta say, I would have hoped for them to come up with a better method of kicking off cheaters. Since they’re the ones that made the game, I would have thought they’d know what could be the highest possible score on each game.

SPIKE
    @spike-abf

Alice, I know that feeling! I deleted candy crush and farm heroes saga because I was spending real coin to get play gold…5.00 here and 1.00 there sure do add up LOL…maybe this league is like Fantasy Football, with fantasy players and fantasy scores LOL

Azkikr
    @azkikr

Hello, I’m new here so please pardon redundancies. A friend of mine and I were discussing the Tournament today, she was in 4th spot in her league with a good score of just under 900,000 to her surprise the screen blinked once and all of a sudden there was someone who achieved the magnificent score of 4,752,200. In game 1 alone he scored 4,059,840, where she was formerly in first place with 196,530. I’m certain that this score is impossible to achieve and like you folks wonder if Rovio is doing anything about it. This has to be the most ignorant fool on the planet to think that he can put out a score like this and not be ‘called’ on it.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

Report it to Rovio directly.

They assure me they are trying to work out a stategy to weed out the cheaters and hackers.

I don’t even glance at the League Play at he moment. I’m playing with friends and finding it much more fun to send and receive free gifts. I try to beat their scores and its good to know the friends are playing the same clean game as I am.

MJ
    @mjdur

I agree the ppl who cheat gain nothing as they don’t even need coins so ppl is Rovio inventing these high scores themselves…..the ppl who win in ur league are never seen again very strange

revCarl
    @revcarl

I think rovio is trying to do something about it, possibly like put all cheaters in one league. Not sure how that would make then money since cheaters have no need to buy any PU. But I did notice last week at least three cheaters trying to outdo each other till all their scores on level one were just under a million lol. Next time i got on they were gone and it seemed to only be honest scores. As far as your place in the league changing rapidly, like allot of people have been saying it may start out with only 3-4 other people in the league. It makes sense that that would change in the blink of an eye. You can’t add every player individually or it would talked longer than the weekly tournament itself, there are allot of playing (of course less now with the cheating epidemic). The Internet is a vast place and people are constantly creating new hack engines and exploits to combat the ones rovio may have just fixed. Last week was the first time I saw them hey rid of cheaters though so I’ll try again this week

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

Geez, how long have you guys been around? You can’t just kick people out of a game just because they might be cheaters. That’s asinine. That might be how they enjoy playing the game. If there was something at stake like money, or medals, or real prizes like there are in real games and real sports, then I could see some investigation happening. Rovio can’t just kick people out of their game when there is absolutely nothing to gain from winning, and even if they could, they wouldn’t. They probably do not have the mechanism in place, nor the staff to take on something like that. It’s no different from those people who enter whatever scores they want in the mobile apps. There is nothing that can be done or will be done about it. You can’t stop it, but you just have to live with it. Sorry.

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

Rovio is weeding out cheaters. It might take them some time. Two weeks ago one minute before the tournament ended I went from 8th place to 17th and was replaced by people that weren’t even on my leaderboard that week at all. Rovio took care of it after the tournament ended and had me placed where I was originally at before it ended.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

I will let you know if and when something like that ever happens to me, but really, I’m telling you, I doubt it. Nobody in my group has had this problem. If what you say is true, they may have possibly separated some of the scores, but they have not taken away anybody’s score. So even if it were happening, it might go rather unnoticed by the cheaters. But I remain skeptical.

stosh
    @stosh

I hope all of these posts are about Diamond League. I am finally up to Silver League. I don’t use Power-Ups so it took a while. I have not seen any really high scores yet. All of the previous posts are now 3 weeks old. Any updates on cheaters being or not being removed? Is cheating a big thing in Silver League or mainly Diamond League. And @dollarbill2208 Have you joined the ranks of cheaters? If so, What are the benifits of doing so? Please share your methods and hacks so that others can compete with you at the same level.

PurpleMoon
    @purplemoon

the answer to weeding out cheaters… yes they are.

I had something happen last week. I was in first place, scored an additional 13K on a panel, went back to main scoreboard and found now in 3rd place with 2 above me. The 2 were not there 15 minutes prior. Checked all panels and found them in 1-2 place in all panels except for the 1 i had just scored the additional 13K. I wrote to Rovio, saying there is no way at 1:30AM on Sunday morning for 2 folks to go to 1-2 place in 15 minutes in all 5 (almost 6) panels, when I and everyone else had been working all week to slowly get to the top.
    They wrote back.. here it is….

Hello,
    Currently the game works so that if a person is flagged as “possible cheater” (they get too high score on one level) they are hidden from other users but they will still see everyone. When another user is flagged, they will see both regular and flagged players. So the 2 users that received too high score on a level were flagged before you, which made them invisible for you until your score went over the limit. That is why these users seemed to “appear from nowhere”, as they had already been there for some time.
    Kind regards,
    xxxxx (i PurpleMoon x’ed out their name)
    Rovio Support Team

Above reply explains what happened, my score of additional 13K on that panel, put me “invisible” and now i get to see all prior players including the 2 “invisible” that really had been higher than me, i just didnt know it before. BTW… I also got a note saying the 3 ‘too high’ scores were found legal as they had mis-figured panel max score , so we all 3 were now ‘visible’ and legit.

PurpleMoon

Dan Buske
    @dan-buske

The Friends tournament is unfair towards those who do not have the money
    to buy powerups.
    Rovio wanted to make more money selling powerups. So here is what they did:
    They reduced the number of birds used for a puzzle by one.
    This created a need for powerups if you wanted any chance to win the tournament.
    Thus those who bought powers had the only chance to win.
    Worse yet they added that Rovio can demote a player down to a lower tournament level.
    Guess who gets demoted, you got it those who can’t buy powerups.
    The tournament is rigged for those who give money to Rovio for seriously overpriced powerups.

Not surprised that there are cheaters. Including the built in advantage of buying and using powerups. I can’t afford to buy them.

Arlington Bomb Bird
    @eladd22207

Dan,

Look for Makin Bacon’s post about the ABF closed Facebook group. Once you get a critical mass of Facebook friends from that group, you’ll be receiving hundreds of gifts each day in your ABF mailbox and there is a batch redemption process that can help you make the most of the gifts you accumulate. There are members of the group with thousands of each powerup and, in some cases, over a million bird coins – all without paying any money to Rovio.

Hope this is helpful to you,

Eric

Noel Maher
    @noel-maher

Just logged in to ABF to see i have gone from 16 place to second over night. I was at one side of 25k gap, all of the players above me had scores of 1.4 mill and above, the top score being 1.7 mill which is impossible. Glad to see this happening.

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Is Rovio weeding out the cheaters?

Viewing 21 replies - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.